It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Veterans day to all former and current ATS brothers in green!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
With all of the liberal hand wringing and political nonsense going on, I just wanted to take a break from it all and say Happy Veterans day to my fellow ATS'ers that served (especially my 19K D.A.T. friends). I was a tanker for eight long years.

Its a job that nobody wants to do, but somebody has to do. Somebody has to stand on the walls. For those of us that have lost friends and family downrange, I found this to be moving.

My Boots.

My boots are off, I war no more

All my gear lay on the floor

I often think of days gone by

Of brothers and friends who had to die

Too few are those, who realize not

What price was paid for what they've got

So I ask you now, for something so small

Not money, not fame, but as equally tall

Give thanks to those you come across

And swell with pride for those we have lost

Consider for a second where you stand

Within the bravest nation in all the land

-Author unknown

Hooooooyah brothers God bless you all.

edit on 11-11-2016 by Cancerwarrior because: misspelling

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

Another 19k DAT checking in. Happy veterans day brother! Death before dismount!

Happy veterans day to all the other ats veterans as well. Let's hope any 19D around here don't get lost on their way to the thread (inside joke). Not lost only disoriented right?

edit on 11-11-2016 by Thoren because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I would like to say Happy Veterans day to my father and to every Veteran. He served in Vietnam for 4 years.

He went in as a child and came back as a man.

Happy Veterans Day!
edit on 11-11-2016 by Jdennis10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Thoren

Death before dismount!

LOL the rallying cry of the Cavalry always makes me chuckle. Also makes me wonder how much of my life I spent babysitting a brokedick tank waiting on recovery.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Jdennis10

My Dad was an MP stationed in Saigon also. I never even knew that until I was a teenager, he never talked about it.

Four years is a long time. I would shake his hand if I could.

Those guys put up with unspeakable atrocities only to come home to an ungrateful nation.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

The glorious Abrams and all it's problems. I have a love hate relationship with that glorious piece of armor. Haven't had the pleasure of sitting in one for 7 years. I do miss the hum of the turbine engine and it's life giving warm exhaust on a cold day at the range.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Somebody has to stand on the walls.

Somehow even those in DC that send them forget this.

Thanks to you for your service
Thanks to all the others here that have served as well

link   

Same to you my man.

USMC 1/8, 3/14 Semper Fi

link   
In memory of all who fought for the Elites in Wars they should never have

been sent to Armistice/Rememberance Day. May war be a thing of the past one day.

add: My Grandfathers were in both wars. The horrors were unfathomable to which i have no words to describe what i've been told.
My respects.

edit on 11-11-2016 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

My father was a MP also. He never talked about Vietnam until one day I saw a green book of black and white photos, I asked him about the photos and he told me.

Still until this day he does not want to tell me what he saw.

Yes and he told me when he returned the nation was not happy with the brave people who went over seas at a young age fighting for our Nation.

Your father was a brave man too!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Thoren

I got out in 04, when they sent us to the desert the year before, they took the tanks away and gave us humvees and rifles. So its really been about 12 years for me. And yet, still somehow I remember the misfire procedures. I can remember that, but not what I had for breakfast tuesday. I don't get my memory sometimes.

Yep, all you gotta do is crank one up on a cold day and before you know it theres a dozen guys crawling out of their fart sacks standing back there heating up cans of soup on the back deck and trying to warm their balls up all while complaining like only soldiers can LOL

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
This is the best thread I have seen in a while!!

I to would love to thank the brave and selfless men and women of our Armed Forces!! Thank you for sacrificing not only your lives but your families lives to protect my right to be free. I wish I could buy you all a drink and personally thank each and every one of you!!

THANK YOU!!! FOR EVERYTHING!!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Jdennis10

My father was a MP also. He never talked about Vietnam until one day I saw a green book of black and white photos, I asked him about the photos and he told me.

That is almost exactly how I found out from my dad too. I was helping him clean out his closet and found an old photo album of some pictures he took while he was downrange. It blew my mind at the time, I thought "why has he never told me about this?" What cool stories he must have!" It was not until I went to a damn war myself that I understood exactly why. Because people that haven't been there can't understand. I usually don't even tell people that I served or went to any warzones because their first question is usually something stupid like, "Did you kill anyone?" Or my favorite, "Do you play call of duty? I bet you would be good at it".

I think "did you kill anyone" is the rudest question you can ask a veteran.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Happy Veterans Day, thank you all for your service, much appreciated.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I was in from 03-09. We were always dismount. They let us play with our toys once in awhile just so there was no breach of contract. #ty way of doing us but they needed guys on foot over there not in armor. Better than getting screwed like some guys did. I know quite a few that got sent to Ft Lewis to be on a stryker after they were done with osut. No way I would want to be in the aluminum can of death. Frickin IED magnet

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Hooah! (army) and Happy Veterans Day! I was an 11b but those M1 Abrams sure are cool!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

The queen of battle has arrived! Now where are those dang scouts? Surely not lost? I can't help but give them a hard time it's my duty as a DAT.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Amen, happy Veterans day to all who served and all of the families of those who served. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your service.

And happy belated Birthday to the Marine Corps!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

"Do you play call of duty? I bet you would be good at it".

Many people don't realize that a mouse or game controller in the hand is nothing in comparison to actually doing it for real. So you got out in 04, 06 here. Where were you stationed?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thoren
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

The queen of battle has arrived! Now where are those dang scouts? Surely not lost? I can't help but give them a hard time it's my duty as a DAT.

Lol maybe some scout's will show up. That seems like a fun MOS. I have always wanted to get into long range shooting just for the fun and science behind it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join