It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huffington Post: The Electoral College Was Designed to Prevent Trump...Make This Happen.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Like their News , Liberals Abhor Anything Fair and Balanced , the Electoral College is No Exception .....

edit on 11-11-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I'd rather have disenfranchised liberals protesting than Trump supporters protesting, because they elected Trump specifically because they have been neglected for years and they feel the country is somehow slipping away from them. That is understandable. Take their newly, fairly elected president away from them? Jesus Christ what a bad idea. I don't think some people see the ramifications of blocking Trump. It would be a social disaster of epic proportions.
edit on 11-11-2016 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rwilll
Clinton did not win the populous vote. Voter fraud and illegal’s constituted over a million votes for Clinton.

If you say so.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

I'm sure he was aware of how the majority of American's felt since he won the popular vote. But thanks for the suggestion.

edit on 11/11/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Khaleesi
Yes, I was speaking in generalities. But I do get your point.

Then you understand that for her to win she would have had to won the appropriate number of state-level popular elections, the overall national vote is not a determiner and this is the 5th time that this has occurred where the President Elect did not get the national popular vote.

This is not going to change at the Federal level.

This is the third time I have tried to reply to you. My internet keeps crapping out LOL.

Yes I am aware of what you are referring to. The electoral college IMO operates exactly as it is supposed to. Our country was established as a Republic and I like it that way. A direct democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting "What's for dinner?" Mob rule IMO. I was aware that this was not the first or even second time the popular vote ended up losing. But I just looked it up yesterday for more details and saw the exact number and circumstances. It was an interesting read.

By the way, I always look forward to your post. Interesting and entertaining even when I disagree with you (which isn't very often LOL).

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
It's so fun to be on the winning side of an election...

Now democrats get to sound crazy for a change...

USA USA USA USA

Long live President Trump...

Bye bye affordable care act....bye bye illegals....bye bye climate change regulations..

Hahaha it's all happening....

Hillary lost whiners...get over it..we won

-Chris
edit on 11-11-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaDreamer
actually the right answer to this problem is a constitutional amendment requiring all states to distribute electors proportionally to the vote by district. the winner take all set up in most states is why this happened.

That`s actually a good idea and the fairest way.Just as the EC ensures that smaller less populated states are given equal representation, it should also ensure that the smaller less populated counties within each state are equally represented by that states electors.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone
Don't forget our miners might still have jobs too!!! Woohoo! Go Trump!

And with all the Hollywood crybabies leaving we should have plenty of jobs available!~

edit on 11/11/2016 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Then if we both understand and agree how the Electoral College functions there is nothing for either of us to dispute.

The results are not open for interpretation under the current system.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: avgguy

No where near 99.7 percent of people voted Trump, and that is a fact. Hillary secured more of the popular vote than Trump during the election, and only the electoral college won it for him.

I also hate Hillary and believe that she is dirtier than a sewer main, but the people's voice was NOT reflected in the result of the election.

Actually, when you remove the votes of all illegal immigrants who could vote without presenting a ID and you then remove all the multiple votes made by the same persons who did not require a id to vote i am pretty sure you will see a significant reduction inn hillary's votes.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

As of today , 11/11/16 , Clinton has a 226,000 Lead in the Popular Vote with N.H. and Michigan not Completely Counted Yet .

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

As of today , 11/11/16 , Clinton has a 226,000 Lead in the Popular Vote with N.H. and Michigan not Completely Counted Yet .

There are a lot of states that are still counting. Like Arizona, right now 79% of votes have been counted even though Trump is projected to win there.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Is interesting how the losers want the electoral votes to vote against the elected president.

People tend to no do their home work when it comes to how the electoral vote, the pacts they make and sign with their states and that they will uphold the elected president

Is not going to happen, Hillary will never be president because she was not elected.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Arizona has been counted, 100% of the precincts are in. Only Michigan and New Hampshire are out.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Is not going to happen, Hillary will never be president because she was not elected.

Do not underestimate how dirty and corrupt our government is especially with regard to Hillary Clinton.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

My point is 200 thousand is minuscule compared to 130 million voters. It would take a year to recount and verify all of those signatures as eligible voters.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Arizona has been counted, 100% of the precincts are in. Only Michigan and New Hampshire are out.

No: Link to CNN

ETA: At least not according to CNN. 79% have been reported.

edit on 11-11-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

They need to update their site, it was called yesterday.

7:37 p.m.
Donald Trump has won Arizona’s presidential contest and its 11 electoral votes.
The Republican president-elect had a solid lead over Hillary Clinton on election night, but a winner wasn’t declared because there were so many uncounted votes. The latest batch of returns tabulated Thursday made him the clear winner. Source

edit on 11-11-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Zazz 2020!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Georgia: 93%
Utah: 85%
Ohio: 94%

etc...

A lot of states have not reported all the votes.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

The Electoral College was Established by our Founding Fathers so that All States had an Equal say in how they were Governed regardless of their Size or Population Density . If that were not the case , then States like California and New York would decide the Outcome of the Popular Vote by themselves , and that Sir is Not a Democracy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join