It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Protesting Liberals In America

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

We did come out and vote, and it's possible before it's all said and done, that Hillary will have up to a million more votes than Trump:

The biggest chunk of uncounted votes is in California. Washington State, New York, Oregon and Maryland also have large numbers of uncounted votes. Clinton won all those states, and if the trends continue, she will pad her lead by more than 1 million votes.

kxan.com...

If this turns out to be true, I think we can legitimately say that the will of the people was not followed here.

link   

A significant portion of this country voted for a man that treated you like you were stupid, and in return you gave him your vote.

a reply to: FauxMulder

You prove the point of people fallen pray to the propaganda. You act like on Jan 20 all Muslims will be rounded up and sent out. That's not what he said. He said ban them from coming in from countries with known ties to terrorism until we can have a better vetting process. Set up areas in the rich Muslim countries for the refugees.

That's not any better.

The woman's body thing is your opinion. What about all the people who consider that it is murder of babies?

You are welcome to your opinion. What you are not welcome to is deciding what other women can or cannot do.

So don't justify violence of these protesters with your opinions.

I did not try to justify any violence. There is no need to make # up.

+2 more 
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I just hope he is as much of a liar as I think he is. I hope he pisses of all those evangelicals who voted for him when he doesn't do any of the things he told him he would do. That would be sweet!

so you have no desire to have him do good and bring the country forward out of the recession we have been in since 2007?

How amazingly American of you.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

"Trust us, if Trump turns out to be a total fraud the ATS crowd will be the first ones to turn on him and to attack him without mercy. "

I have been saying something like this all along, I bet even wikileaks, Assange and all the likes will be on him like hungry wolves on sheep.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

krazyshot, and introvert... I'm so glad your ideology is in it's death throws, and that most of the country rejected it, this brings hope to the future of the free world and also cuts a huge wedge in your versions of "progress". I just hope one day you'll join us in reality, where real problems are solved by practical solutions, and not progressive ideals.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I have no desire for him to put ultra-conservatives on the Supreme Court to undue all the progress we have made in civil rights.

link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

So far it looks like the majority voted for Clinton. So your point is invalid.

link   

If this stuff was so important, you should have come out and vote.

Well said

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

rules of the election say differently

you want to change the rules now?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

kayla... Not ALL progress is good, the name progress does not prequalify all proceeding actions to be moral or better than before.
edit on 10-11-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I have no desire for him to put ultra-conservatives on the Supreme Court to undue all the progress we have made in civil rights.

so should we go have him arrested? perhaps use the excuse he was going to do bad things, so we did a "preemptive strike"?

Cool, they we could enact a police force that arrests folks who might commit crimes and we can eliminate crime altogether.
Hell, it sounds like such a good idea, I bet they make a move out of it.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

And what I KNOW you don't understand is that the democratic process used to elect a leader, just voted Donald J. Trump as president Elect of the United States.

Of course I understand he was elected. What a silly thing to say.

Apparently, this is what the people wanted. I think it's time for you to accept this and realize it's how things are going to be for the next 4 years. Suck it up.

I accept his presidency. Now we have to get ready to pay the consequences of his policies if he actually does what he said he would do.

link   
The TV babies, the celebrity mongers. Next week they will be demonstrating about something else. Like waves crashing against the shore. They don't know what they are for, they just get carried along.

link   

As many have been saying, progressives are the true authoritarians.

You make a great point there. I've been struggling lately to adequately understand the so-called "Liberals" in the US. I'm an American, and I really don't understand American "Liberals". Maybe I'm mistaken, but I have always believed that "Progressives", being the term you used, consider themselves to be "Liberals". I often used to think of Thomas Jefferson as being a "Liberal", but today's American "Liberals" exhibit far more authoritarian tendencies than classical "Liberals".

Its all very difficult to understand, but its beginning to appear to me that Progressives are something other than "Liberal".

link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Couldn't agree more.

To stage a protest that has no possibility of changing the outcome of what it is you're protesting, just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I would hope they're just venting their frustrations and that this will end soon.

I'm a progressive, (Bernie supporter) who didn't approve of either candidate being offered in the final election, so I wasn't going to be totally distraught regardless of the outcome.

With that said, I voted "against" Trump more than I voted for Hillary and I felt like I needed a shower to wash off the dirt when I did that.

What's done is done and you can't change that now. At this point, staging futile protests will accomplish nothing other than to get you on someone's sh*t list.

Now's the time for progressives to set an example by showing a little bit of what we used to call "good sportsmanship."

That means holding our heads high and accepting our defeat without losing our sh*t. Not by staging mass protests that will not change the situation at hand.

If anything, quite the opposite is true. Now is the perfect time to apply Michelle Obama's policy of "when they go low, we go high."

edit on 10-11-2016 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

link   
Yeah, this is bull# and dangerous and hell. I swear to God, I think these millennials need a reality check, nothing is going to go backwards in the year 2016. We can't do that and be competitive in the world or even taken seriously.

But, I don't even blame them at the core, I blame the pandering and incessant whining of their talking heads like Van Jones and Hilary Rosen. Getting on national TV and saying they are literally scared is hysterical and straight up retarded. And if not that, it's pure propaganda. They should be pulled off the air.

And if the millennials want to be pissed at someone - they need to direct their anger at Hillary who STOLE the primary from their guy Bernie. Not Trump.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: TechniXcality

So far it looks like the majority voted for Clinton. So your point is invalid.

after you relax a bit and realize this is how things are going to be for a bit, look here and perhaps you can be the change you want to see.

aristotle.com...

link   

haha once for the republic and it's process now against, whatever is convenient for your argument at the time.. Trump won against all odds, against the media, lying polls, propaganda and violence from leftists, are you so obtuse that you cannot see the country has wholesale rejected the new age progressive ideology?

link   
Once again the "peaceful & tolerant" side is the one breaking laws and destroying property and causing mayhem.

Congrats!!

link   

That is not very nice introvert and a very low way to show your dissatisfaction at the way your favorite party lost. Insults are nothing but low punches use by cowards.

What a shame.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join