It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Protesting Liberals In America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Me? I'm sad and concerned more than I am angry. I'm okay with peaceful protests to get your voice heard.

How about just a moderate judge who likes the 2nd amendment, but is also pro-choice and believes in civil rights for minorities? I'd be okay with that, but that is not what Trump has promised to do.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: introvert

No, the country did not reject progressive policies. Less than half voted for Trump. That is not a wholesale rejection.

then explain the gop house and gop senate please?

gop executive branch.......check won in this election
gop house.....check won in this election
gop senate....check won in this election

yes the country did reject progressive policies

oh and soon to come gop supreme court(that will last for decades)

Stop using facts. It gets in the way of an emotional argument.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

...we find ourselves in a bad position where we could take a huge step backwards in regards to personal liberty and constitutional protections. And we have yet to discuss the ramifications of his economic/tax ideas.

I don't see how this is different than when we faced the GWB and Obama presidencies.

I thought Trump was voted in because he would be the change the American people wanted. Apparently they forgot to look at the ideas he was touting to see that he would be just another politician that would keep the country going down the wrong track.

I don't know why his each of his supporters voted for him, I didn't vote for him. I voted for Johnson.

ETA: And I didn't vote for GWB or Obama, either.
edit on 10-11-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I don't know what you are talking about. I never said he should be arrested for being president. I said I hope he was lying when he said he would put ultra-conservatives on the Supreme Court.

Obama should have been working his butt off to fill Scalia's seat and not stumping for Hillary and hoping to hold the woman-vote hostage with the vacancy.

He could have worked until he literally had no butt left, and the obstructionist Congress would not have cooperated.

link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

How about just a moderate judge who likes the 2nd amendment, but is also pro-choice and believes in civil rights for minorities? I'd be okay with that, but that is not what Trump has promised to do.

How about why didnt obama do this? Obama had the opportunity did he not?

link   
If they have a thread of intellectual honesty, they will stop protesting Trump and, instead, turn their torches and pitchforks toward the DNC and start marching there. It was the DNC that denied them their voice by colluding and conspiring to give the nomination to Hillary. It was the DNC that promoted a failed and flawed candidate that middle America couldn't stomach a vote for.

Not Donald Trump. In fact, Donald Trump made constant pleas to liberals, especially Bernie supporters, to support him in his fight against the corruption of Washington D.C.

So, suck it up buttercups.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

He has nominated a moderate judge. Congress won't budge.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

no but perhaps sanctioning mexico for all the illegal immigrants we have absorbed and thus paid for through Tax may be a great idea, and force them to clean their #ing # country.

Sanction Mexico?

Sure.

That makes no sense considering that illegal immigration is at net-zero.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

perhaps you do not understand how presidential elections work?

I understand. Perhaps you do not understand what majority means.

Trump won the electoral college numbers. He did not get the majority of the people's votes.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

source for "moderate" judge please?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

When you come in a thread about protesters and start / end your post with

I don't think you guys understand what is going on here.

So I can understand why a lot of people are concerned

it sure looks like you are trying to justify what they are doing. I'm not making # up, as you say

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

well deal with it, the idiots that have been #ing our country are soon about to be dealt with.. with a house controlled by republicans, a senate, and a presidency... I would call that a whole sale rejection, under what concept could you not?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

it sure looks like you are trying to justify what they are doing.

The Constitution justifies what they are doing. They have a right to speak out, regardless of the reason for doing so.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

did trump not win the majority of voters in the system we have?

your cries of majority of the peoples votes disappear when the results of the house and senate are added

if the majority didnt want trump how did we get a gop house and gop senate again?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I don't know what you are talking about. I never said he should be arrested for being president. I said I hope he was lying when he said he would put ultra-conservatives on the Supreme Court.

Obama should have been working his butt off to fill Scalia's seat and not stumping for Hillary and hoping to hold the woman-vote hostage with the vacancy.

He could have worked until he literally had no butt left, and the obstructionist Congress would not have cooperated.

Of course, expecting the President to work with the Congress is too much to ask -- even if it meant nominating a moderate that is maybe strong on the Second Amendment and liberal with regard to abortion.

This is a much better way. Hope that the vacancy brings out the woman-vote for Hillary and then when it doesn't, leave it to Trump to nominate an ultra-conservative.

It's all Congress' fault.

ETA: Wow, I see someone else basically said the same thing as me. Funny.
edit on 10-11-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

link   

Introvert, introvert, please do not insult my intelligence.

You have not mastered yet the art of deception.

link   

edit on 10-11-2016 by kaylaluv because: dupe

link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

he's being deliberately obtuse, there is no doubt the new age progressive ideology has been wholesale rejected and he can't deal with it, he truly believes with every inch of his body that he's right and anyone who doesn't think like him is stupid.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

He has nominated a moderate judge. Congress won't budge.

He tried one time. That's it.

He should have busted his butt. Congress can't stonewall over and over and over. And if they did, that would have been gold to use against republicans this election.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join