It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am genuinely concerned about the LGBTQ people, and what they will be facing in a Trump Presidency

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

There have been no Christians for 2000 years. They not only killed him, they killed his teachings of mercy and love. I don't swallow it anymore, it was a good idea. Christians should have listened to their master when he said earthly kingdoms belong to satan and stayed out of politics and do the business of jesus.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlbanArthur

originally posted by: redmage
In today's vernacular they all just mean "person who has the audacity to disagree with me".

You can add "snowflake" and "SJW" to that list too........

Nah, "snowflake" refers specifically to those who are easily "triggered" and who lose control of themselves/their emotions when seeing or hearing something they dislike (no disagreement with an actual person is necessary). It's a term regarding emotional immaturity, not a term primarily used in reference to a simple disagreement of opinion. While many on the right seem to mistakenly think that "snowflakes" are strictly a liberal phenomenon, the right has many "snowflakes" of their own. The Project Veritas video concerning Scott Foley is a perfect example of this. Foley operatives were instructed how to trigger Trump-supporting "snowflakes" into violence (with chants, or even something as simple as a Planned Parenthood t-shirt). Anyone who allows themselves to be easily triggered by something as simple as a Planned Parenthood t-shirt, or a MAGA hat would qualify as a "snowflake". There is no left-wing monopoly on snowflakes (which seems to be the common misconception).

Similarly, "SJW" isn't about simple 'disagreement of opinion' either. SJW is a reference to those who support largely-regressive "liberal" activism. It's not merely a reference to those of differing opinions. Blacks actually supporting segregation in student housing at UC Berkeley, and other universities, is a prime example of such regressive activism. "SJWs" would be those supporting and/or participating in fighting for such regressive polices.

That said, both terms are used commonly enough that, although they haven't yet lost their definitions through primary misuse, they are losing impact much the same way the labels "misogynist, homophobe, and racist" did along the way to their new (and seemingly-unified) vernacular definition.

In short. Overuse reduces the impact of such labels, but it's misuse that actually evolves vernacular definitions. It could be argued that the impact of "Snowflake" and "SJW" may be withering from overuse, but I don't predominantly see them being misused enough to actually shift their definitions when it comes to the vernacular.
edit on 11/14/16 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: redmage

Yes triggered like a puppet. Just like several on this website and one on this page.

Her moral rants are lovely, gotta love stupid.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

GOD'S word cannot change because it has already been written. But his love is never ending and was proven to us through his Son's death on the cross and resurrection. Right? Is it not also written that ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God? Folks seem to ignore how Jesus showed the essence of God's love by ignoring a person's way of life and accepting every one of us as God's children. His only "law" was to trust in him and believe that he was God's son and in doing so you will have eternal life. Why is that so hard for people to understand!?!? No one can CHANGE God's plan. That includes the people he created. Not even Jesus attempted to.

I wish Donald Trump, the GOP, The Tea Party, the evangelicals backing them and the Dominionists banking on them could understand that! Even the Vatican has, and still involves itself in governing by imposing religious dogma and legislated imposed morality.

These people are hell bent on imposing their religiously based (im)morality through legislation, lobbying and by appointing activist Judges whose beliefs are aligned with Alt Right, and taking away rights already bestowed.

edit on 14-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

It is the fault of the media.

They've painted both Trump and Pence--especially Pence--as being rigidly anti-gay.

And, of course, there is zero evidence for the claims of the media (like their accusation that Pence favors conversion therapy for gays).

Fear-mongering.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dalan
a reply to: misskat1

It is the fault of the media.

They've painted both Trump and Pence--especially Pence--as being rigidly anti-gay.

And, of course, there is zero evidence for the claims of the media (like their accusation that Pence favors conversion therapy for gays).

Fear-mongering.

Here’s What Mike Pence Said on LGBT Issues Over the Years

Citing a Harvard researcher, Pence said in his speech, “societal collapse was always brought about following an advent of the deterioration of marriage and family.” Pence also called being gay a choice and said keeping gays from marrying was not discrimination, but an enforcement of “God’s idea.” time.com...

That was in 2006. While some politicians have evolved, I don't believe Pence is one of them.

edit on 16-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I am genuinely concerned about people who use the term "LGBT people" last time I checked the gay community were not getting thrown off rooftops or stoned to death in any western country..from what I see the same people protesting on behalf of gays are the same people protesting for the rights of Islamic immigrants and how we should have more of them. Well let's see how culturally enriched your life gets when you turn everywhere into Sweden, europes rape capital.
edit on 16-11-2016 by Counterintelligence because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Problem is Pence is mostly right..

www.youtube.com...

Secondly it's already proven that sexuality can be set in early childhood..that's why victims of child sex abuse often grow up to be molestors of children.

That's probably why Soros funds lots of "socially progressive" organisations..Gay marriage leads to gay adoption..the hope seems to be that if children are exposed to "normal" gay family life that it may well influence their sexuality..leading to more gay people. Leading to depopulation.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: angrypsycho1977

Nope, not a victim, just tired of everyone complaining.
Lets all smile, remember that things aren't so bad and get on with creating a better humanity

Because all these complaints won't help anyone.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Every time I hear a friend wail about being scared I roll my eyes to the back of my skull and groan quietly. Perhaps instead of playing a victim, you learn to defend yourself. I'm a Concealed Carry advocate, I have my license, I carry. I help teach self defense and hand to hand defense techniques. Did any of the people whimpering about being afraid come to learn? Nope! And they're free. I don't charge a damn thing (although I do only offer the help to friends and family.)

So yeah, I'll completely and utterly call out the majority of the people I know for wanting to be professional victims.

The only thing that I can say remotely scares them is the fact that Pence is VP. But technically Pence can't really do much so it's like 'k'. All in all I just shake my head, laugh, clean my weapons, and sit with my partner on the balcony of my apartment.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Counterintelligence

Secondly it's already proven that sexuality can be set in early childhood..that's why victims of child sex abuse often grow up to be molestors of children.

Gay marriage leads to gay adoption..the hope seems to be that if children are exposed to "normal" gay family life that it may well influence their sexuality..leading to more gay people. Leading to depopulation.

I suggest more real, factual info.

Not sure where you're getting these ridiculous, antiquated, ideas from.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperblySkeptical
Every time I hear a friend wail about being scared I roll my eyes to the back of my skull and groan quietly. Perhaps instead of playing a victim, you learn to defend yourself. I'm a Concealed Carry advocate, I have my license, I carry. I help teach self defense and hand to hand defense techniques. Did any of the people whimpering about being afraid come to learn? Nope! And they're free. I don't charge a damn thing (although I do only offer the help to friends and family.)

So yeah, I'll completely and utterly call out the majority of the people I know for wanting to be professional victims.

The only thing that I can say remotely scares them is the fact that Pence is VP. But technically Pence can't really do much so it's like 'k'. All in all I just shake my head, laugh, clean my weapons, and sit with my partner on the balcony of my apartment.

What does any of that have to do with laws preventing equality?

In many states, by law, LGBT can be fired, denied housing, refused service, etc - - - - just for being LGBT.

They are not playing victim. They are victims of discriminatory law.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Why does the LGBT community hate religion so much? I think it a bit hypocritical a person of faith can be against gay marriage and be labeled a hater but if a LGBT atheist wants to attack a religious group it is ok.

Are gays hung in the US? Nope, and I can give you a list of quite a few high profile gays in politics and business including P Thiel. Billionaire founder of PayPal and backer of Facebook who INTRODUCED Trump at his nomination. I am surprised Pence did not try to kidnap him and give him reverse gay therapy in a barn in Indiana...

Trump has already, back in March said he supports gay union.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Why does the LGBT community hate religion so much?

Ignorance that keeps getting repeated.

There are many LGBT of all religions.

Someone grows up in a belief - - - and you think they're just supposed to throw that away because they discover God didn't make them heterosexual?

Once having seizures was being Possessed by the Devil. I suppose there are still places in the world that still believe that.

You'd think people in the United States would be more intelligent.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

That is all you take from my post? What about the rest?

As far as LGBT and religion it is a known fact that the LGBT feel that religion is the cause of the majority of their discrimination. Is this not true? There are gays that are religious but they are not open in a southern baptist church or the local mosque most times. They attend life churches or other alternatives because they were prosecuted in their own churches. THIS is where the hate comes in. I would think it does not take an intelligent person to make the connection.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I am a personal believer in an idea about society in general. On a scale of 0 to 100, with 100 being the best person in the world and 0 being the worst person in the world...we are consistently lowing the bar of what is acceptable and we are heading toward 0. Now, I don't mean that the bar is an indicator of "bad" directly, but it is an indicator of "acceptable". People are changing...absolutely. We have violence over an election, murder is on the rise, terrorism is going up, etc. but on more of an "at home" social level look what we have decided. When I was a child, if a teenage girl got pregnant out of wedlock and underage, the family basically hid it from everyone else. It was unacceptable behavior that no one wanted for their children. No...it didn't make the girl "bad"...but it was not acceptable. Today...no one cares. Another teen pregnant out of wedlock, underage, no Father to be found and we shrug our shoulders. That is just a single example of the lowering of the bar. Throw in there theft, violence, welfare, hard drugs, and on and on.

So with that said and my opinion hopefully understood...I had a conversation with a guy who said something I never heard expressed so plainly. I'm not sure I completely agree...I'm still digesting the ramifications, etc. But here it is.

The perfect society of human beings from strictly a sexual perspective would be all heterosexual. From a scientific stand point, it is "best" for every male and female to reproduce and further the species. Again...in a perfect world. Therefore as a species, if all humans started life as gay, that would be the "worst" for a society because the species would eventually die off. So with that said...the gay community is a bit of a negative to the species in general, but such a small negative that it really doesn't matter. The only question (his...not mine...this is how he presented the idea) is therefore, how much negative is acceptable?

So...I have no answer to his question but I am stewing on it and find it an interesting perspective. Thought it wouldn't hurt to throw out there for those logical NON-EMOTIONAL people to contemplate. The rest of you overreacting nuts...just forget this post exists

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

That is all you take from my post? What about the rest?

As far as LGBT and religion it is a known fact that the LGBT feel that religion is the cause of the majority of their discrimination. Is this not true?

Belief in God is every one's right and choice.

How you WIELD that belief is something else.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Not so much fake as a "sting" op ed piece by Crowder. The bakery isnt in on it, as he is hated by too many LOL

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Your right about the bar being lowered. Can you imagine anytime in history that a presidential candidate would use someone like JayZ to promote them..This is the regressive left in action. That's how bad its got, that Donald Trump was the only viable candidate. That's just how low the bar is.

The alleged social freedoms people think they have, have just led to individual anarchy and personal meltdown. Without societal structure, which includes social stigma for breaking social rules people tend to self destruct in one way or another. If there are no societal rules or moral boundaries an individual needs self discipline to survive and thrive but not many people have that personality trait. Freedom leads to self destruction in most cases. We are seeing this played out on a societal scale. The breakdown of the family and widespread drug abuse along with social justice warriors who don't really understand what they are protesting for or against.

As for gay people..from what I understand they have always existed but they tend to make up a very low percent of the population. There most likely are those who are born gay but the fact bisexuals exist suggest being gay is a choice in many cases. Of corse they have a right to be gay and most people couldn't care less..but that doesn't mean the gay lifestyle should have the amount of exposure in the MSM that it does have, there is no legitimate reason for that other than an attempt to influence people towards it, in my honest opinion.
edit on 17-11-2016 by Counterintelligence because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Counterintelligence
There most likely are those who are born gay but the fact bisexuals exist suggest being gay is a choice in many cases. Of corse they have a right to be gay and most people couldn't care less..but that doesn't mean the gay lifestyle should have the amount of exposure in the MSM that it does have, there is no legitimate reason for that other than an attempt to influence people towards it, in my honest opinion.

What is gay lifestyle?

LIFESTYLE:
>Do you like Red or Blue.
>Do you like Country or City.
>Do you like Sportscar or Van.
>Do you like Fast Food or French Cuisine.
>Do like being Single or being Married?

If you're talking a Fringe Culture - - - who do you think put them there? Polite Society forces the "unacceptable" to create their own worlds on the outskirts of town or in the shadows.

Guess who the new "soccer mom's" are. They're the LGBT parents moving to the suburbs to raise their family.

Homosexuals are sexually attracted to opposite sex.

Bi-sexuals are attracted to both sexes.

They are not the same thing.

edit on 17-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join