It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... Trump has to be an elitest right?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
1st and foremost, I am embarrassingly uninformed about politics (and British) I choose freedom over any party's vote. I've never voted and am comfortable with that, so no need for flaming/ridicule or condescending replies, thanks đź‘Ť

I'm ok with Trump out of the 2 options, but he's amln elitest right? I mean he has to be? It's ok if I'm wrong, but I was wondering if this predicament has been properly thought of by the voters?

I'm not really wanting a huge thread full of replies, but am hoping to get a few neutral views on my question. Yes I know I could research all this, but it's more interesting hearing different people's views.

Many thanks in advance đź‘Ť
edit on 9/11/16 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: OpenEars123

Not a born one, he has worked hard to be where he is now. Builder´s son first worked on familyfirm building small houses if i remember right. So no gold or silver spoon by birth.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Wrong!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenEars123
1st and foremost, I am embarrassingly uninformed about politics (and British) I choose freedom over any party's vote. I've never voted and am comfortable with that, so no need for flaming/ridicule or condescending replies, thanks đź‘Ť

I'm ok with Trump out of the 2 options, but he's amln elitest right? I mean he has to be? It's ok if I'm wrong, but I was wondering if this predicament has been properly thought of by the voters?

I'm not really wanting a huge thread full of replies, but am hoping to get a few neutral views on my question. Yes I know I could research all this, but it's more interesting hearing different people's views.

Many thanks in advance đź‘Ť

Trump is an elitist if you only consider anyone with money elitist. However, he isn't really part of the "club". Being part of the elite is more than just money. He is an outsider politically as he doesn't support a globalist agenda and not beholden to corporate interests.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Just a completely normal small loan of a million dollars from his dad
who more than likely helped him secure more loans seeing as he was rich.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Google says: It is estimated Trump received an inheritance worth between $40 million and $200 million from his father's estate.

As far as him being part of an elitist club, I would say certainly.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Does Bernie Sanders have enough royal blood to be POTUS?

Trump is part of the ruling family. Family means a lot more than just being a blood relative.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Honestly OP, it depends on the school of thought you wish to embrace as Trump being a part of.

Is he (to you):

Elitism is the belief or attitude that some individuals who form an elite—a select group of people with a certain ancestry, intrinsic quality or worth, high intellect, wealth, specialized training or experience, or other distinctive attributes—are those whose influence or authority is greater than that of others; whose views on a matter are to be taken more seriously or carry more weight; whose views or actions are more likely to be constructive to society as a whole; or whose extraordinary skills, abilities, or wisdom render them especially fit to govern.

Is he:

Alternatively, the term elitism may be used to describe a situation in which power is concentrated in the hands of a limited number of people. Oppositions of elitism include anti-elitism, egalitarianism, populism and political theory of pluralism. Elite theory is the sociological or political science analysis of elite influence in society: elite theorists regard pluralism as a utopian ideal.

Is he:

'Elitism' also refers to situations in which an individual assumes special 'privileges' and responsibilities in the hope that this arrangement will benefit humanity or themselves. Elitism is closely related to social class and what sociologists call social stratification. Members of the upper classes are sometimes known as the social elite. The term elitism is also sometimes used to denote situations in which a group of people claiming to possess high abilities or simply an in-group or cadre grant themselves extra privileges at the expense of others. This form of elitism may be described as discrimination.

Or is he a hybrid of all of them or none of them.

Depending on how you view Trump will determine whether or not he is an "Elitist".

Me personally, I think he simply found a niche to talk to the 'Average Joe', such that he put himself in the light of NOT being an elitist. Do I how ever think he is one or more of the above? Absolutely.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Come on.. i have massive deal of royal blood according family lineage ( English, Scottish, Franks, Saxons, Norway, Denmark, Sweden etc ) and i have no golden spoons. Most of us have royals as ancestors you just need to find out yours.
Nonsence !

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

Not a born one, he has worked hard to be where he is now. Builder´s son first worked on familyfirm building small houses if i remember right. So no gold or silver spoon by birth.
What are you talking about? He was born into a powerful and elite family in NYC... He inherited a ton of money and privilege. His father was deep in the power system.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Shared this in another thread:

"Exposing How Donald Trump Really Made His Fortune: Inheritance from Dad and the Government's Protection Mostly Did the Trick"

www.alternet.org...'s_protection_mostly_ did_the_trick

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: monkeyluv

Make america great again
uk.businessinsider.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

Honestly OP, it depends on the school of thought you wish to embrace as Trump being a part of.

Is he (to you):

Elitism is the belief or attitude that some individuals who form an elite—a select group of people with a certain ancestry, intrinsic quality or worth, high intellect, wealth, specialized training or experience, or other distinctive attributes—are those whose influence or authority is greater than that of others; whose views on a matter are to be taken more seriously or carry more weight; whose views or actions are more likely to be constructive to society as a whole; or whose extraordinary skills, abilities, or wisdom render them especially fit to govern.

Is he:

Alternatively, the term elitism may be used to describe a situation in which power is concentrated in the hands of a limited number of people. Oppositions of elitism include anti-elitism, egalitarianism, populism and political theory of pluralism. Elite theory is the sociological or political science analysis of elite influence in society: elite theorists regard pluralism as a utopian ideal.

Is he:

'Elitism' also refers to situations in which an individual assumes special 'privileges' and responsibilities in the hope that this arrangement will benefit humanity or themselves. Elitism is closely related to social class and what sociologists call social stratification. Members of the upper classes are sometimes known as the social elite. The term elitism is also sometimes used to denote situations in which a group of people claiming to possess high abilities or simply an in-group or cadre grant themselves extra privileges at the expense of others. This form of elitism may be described as discrimination.

Or is he a hybrid of all of them or none of them.

Depending on how you view Trump will determine whether or not he is an "Elitist".

Me personally, I think he simply found a niche to talk to the 'Average Joe', such that he put himself in the light of NOT being an elitist. Do I how ever think he is one or more of the above? Absolutely.

This was kinda what I was looking for, and thanks to you all for your replies. I have a clearer idea now as to what he is.
Many thanks to you all đź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ť

new topics

top topics

join