It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is not anti-establishment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Sorry to break this to you,

but someone who owned the tallest building in downtown Manhattan after the WTC, and classed himself as a good friend of Larry Silverstein. Someone who invited the Clintons to his Wedding, and donated to both political parties. Someone who had a billion dollars of personal debt written off by High profile New York Bankers. (Da Jewz.) Someone who is running as the Republican party candidate and promoted their standard low tax, anti-immigrant, pro police, pro armed forces ideas.

This person is absolutely part of the establishment.

You can find dozens of more revolutionary and unusual political or economic ideas right here on ATS:

Legalize drugs. Drop the number of hours in the working week. Bring back the gold Standard. Refuse to buy government debt from private lenders. Give a banking bailout to mortgage owners living in their homes. Get rid of the army. Get rid of political "donations". Get rid of career politicians and replace them with a jury duty style system. Oh and since were talking about the USA here: Drop the drinking age below 21!!! .....and many many more.

People think that making a few controversial twitter statements makes a highly connected billionaire into a radical anti-political corruption-free hero?

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: numberjuggler

Not anymore. The hatred for him among that class of people is very dense. Look at the news and internet main hubs. They want the guy burned alive and that has been going on for over a year. Just relentless attacks on the guy for anything and everything. Before he ran though nobody had a problem with him and they knew all about him. Even Hillary knew all about him and his finances.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

NO ONE who is a politician and holds public office is anti-establishment--hell, the notion in and of itself would be the perfect example of irony...or cognitive dissonance.

Or both.

edit on 8-11-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
America suffers from a cracked foundation resting on sand. Does anyone even realize that let alone the politicians in office? Without knowing the problems, you can't know the solutions.

I think what America may need is a learning experience and they can get that under Clinton. Under Obama they had the opportunity to learn black politicians won't help you regardless of whether or not you're black because black people were worse off under Obama with a rich-poor gap continuing to grow. Under Clinton, women can learn that politicians won't help you regardless of whether or not you're a woman, as evidenced by a reduction in their quality of life for women. They probably won't learn anything but the opportunity will be there.

Until people start to notice the cracked foundation resting on sand, we ARE DOOMED and will become a world of squalor.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The funny thing is how many times I have seen people praise Trump for something while at the same time using the same reason to bash Trump. They outside Trump's outsider status while still criticising Obama for his lack of political experience. Anytime Obama chooses diplomacy over aggression they view him as weak. However, Trump is ready to kowtow to Russia and it means I should vote for him because he's trying to avoid war. Trump can say anything, regardless of how offensive it is (Grab her by the p***y) and he's just telling it like it is. Obama does anything and he's considered classless. They bash Obama for dividing the nation. Trump can't even keep the GOP unified but he's going to bring the country together.

Look at any post defending Trump on here. Notice how many of them use the word "change." Now where have I heard a candidate defended for that very reason before?

Trump is the Republican Obama. The only difference is that Obama ran a near flawless campaign while Trump is running a train wreck. I mean seriously. He can't even unite the party against their arch-nemesis?

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Trump is the closest candidate we'll ever get in the modern era to being anti-establishment. And he's running against an opponent in Hillary who couldn't possibly be more establishment.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Right back at ya

Buck

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy

I'll take that bet, sir!

I'll bet that we liberals won't be sobbing.
edit on 8-11-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71
Why. Why did I watch that lol

That was painful.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

It happened 11 years before Obama in Britain. Tony Blair was going to lead the great reform in politics. The honest trustworthy politician. A man of the people. No more of these lying corrupt elites running the country in the interests of big business.
People around the country rejoiced. Change!!!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: fractal5
America suffers from a cracked foundation resting on sand. Does anyone even realize that let alone the politicians in office? Without knowing the problems, you can't know the solutions.

I think what America may need is a learning experience and they can get that under Clinton. Under Obama they had the opportunity to learn black politicians won't help you regardless of whether or not you're black because black people were worse off under Obama with a rich-poor gap continuing to grow. Under Clinton, women can learn that politicians won't help you regardless of whether or not you're a woman, as evidenced by a reduction in their quality of life for women. They probably won't learn anything but the opportunity will be there.

Until people start to notice the cracked foundation resting on sand, we ARE DOOMED and will become a world of squalor.

Ok so, what is after the equal sign?

How many election cycles of "learning" do we need to endure until we reach political equilibrium?

Affecting change isn't about learning. We've learned enough FFS...we learned plenty in '29 when the market crashed. We learned plenty in '41 at pearl harbor. We learned plenty in '50 in Korea. We learned plenty in '01 at WTC. And we learned plenty in '07 as the market housing bubble started to burst.

So I ask again, how many "learning" cycles would you have us endure?

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

I'll take that bet, sir!

I'll bet that we liberals won't be sobbing.

How liberals handle defeat.

How conservatives handle defeat.

Dear President-Elect:

Please accept my warm congratulations on your victory and my best wishes for your success as you prepare to take up the responsibilities and challenges of your high office.

As you embark upon your new responsibilities, I wish to assure you and the people of America of the continued friendship and sympathetic interest of the Conspiracy Thinkers and Disenfranchised.

I look forward to working with you not only to develop closer relations between our worlds but also to concert our efforts in the cause of peace and self determination of all peoples.

Sincerely,

Mike Grouchy

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

How many more times are you going to spam ATS with that 'Dear President-Elect' bit?
edit on 8-11-2016 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

How many more times are you going to spam ATS with that 'Dear President-Elect' bit?

twitter.com...

You were saying?

PM's Office of Japan
@JPN_PMO · 2h2 hours ago
Congratulatory Message from Prime Minister Shinzo Abe to Mr. Donald Trump, President-elect of the United States:

Theresa May
@theresa_may · 56m56 minutes ago
I would like to congratulate Donald Trump on being elected the next President of the United States.

Tony Abbott
@TonyAbbottMHR · 3h3 hours ago
US should continue to have no better friend than Australia.

President of Russia
@KremlinRussia_E · 1h1 hour ago
Vladimir Putin congratulated Donald Trump on his victory in the US presidential election

Cagil M. Kasapoglu
@CagilKasapoglu · 2h2 hours ago
#Turkey's Erdogan: I hope US election will lead to positive steps for region and bring benefit for basic rights and freedoms in world #Trump

Narendra Modi
@narendramodi · 3h3 hours ago
Congratulations @realDonaldTrump on being elected as the 45th US President.

John Dramani Mahama
@JDMahama · 2h2 hours ago
Congratulations President-elect Donald J. Trump.

Lee Hsien Loong
@leehsienloong · 3h3 hours ago
Congratulations to President-Elect Donald Trump. SG will strive to keep working together with US.

Gavin Lee : France
@GavinLeeBBC · 5h5 hours ago
Gavin Lee Retweeted Marine Le Pen
Early congratulations for the "new US President Donald Trump" from French far right leader, Marine Le Pen.Gavin Lee added,

edit on 9-11-2016 by mikegrouchy because: format, spelling

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   

You were saying?

It appears you didn't understand what I was saying..

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Let him reach the office and start to work, too early to say anything.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu published a statement congratulating Trump, saying:

"President-elect Trump is a true friend of the State of Israel. We will work together to advance the security, stability and peace in our region. The strong connection between the United States and Israel is based on shared values, shared interests and a shared destiny.

"I'm certain that President-elect Trump and I will continue to strengthen the unique alliance between Israel and the United States, and bring it to new heights," he added.

read more: www.haaretz.com...

edit on 9-11-2016 by mikegrouchy because: format

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join