It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Bakery and Cafe!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I have a dream of one day opening my own bakery with my wife and I and want to share my ideas with you guys!

I realize by divulging this information I may run the risk of losing proprietary secrets, someone might just take my idea and make millions on it...oh well.

First the name, Double E Bakery and Cafe, specializing in cakes and more!

I want a bakery that lets people create their own cakes.

I would make blanks of different sizes in chocolate and vanilla.

Mix and match, sizes and flavors.

You pick the toppings you want, the flavor icing (Butter Cream) and the fillings you want if layered.

We would have the ability to make ice cream cakes if so desired.

I have always been so disappointed in how bakeries only give you the choices they make, unless you want to make a special order and then you have to wait to pick it up another day.

I, also, want to make it possible for people to get other foods prepared special for them. Omelets, bagels, burritos, pastels, enchiladas, quiches and pancakes or waffles, with the toppings and fillings they want to choose from a variety of options with meat and cheeses and vegetables.

We would still offer prepared items for those that just want to grab and go, cheesecakes and pies and standard cakes and if they want to add toppings to those they can do so.

But how much fun would it be to design your own special cake and watch it get prepared right in front of you?

Here is an example:

You can take a vanilla rectangle and place a chocolate circle with a vanilla square on top. You can have it filled in between with strawberries and whipped cream, with a vanilla butter cream frosting and drizzled with chocolate fudge and nuts if you like, or rainbow sprinkles or crushed cookies.

The choices are yours to make and there are endless possibilities for cakes to be made the way you want them.

Pricing is by weight.

The only variance for pricing would be if you wanted lobster or shrimp or rib eye steak in your omelet or burrito or quiche or pastel.

Another specialty item would be our mashed potatoes, they are made a special way, but you can add any ingredients you want to the mix.

There would be a soup base made from chicken or beef stock that you can choose what vegetables or meats you want in them, also, and rice or pasta added to your specifications.

Salads would be limited to spinach or romaine, but pick your own toppings for them, too. Fresh made dressing or oil/vinegar available.

Fresh bread would be made daily for you to add toppings to, the bread would be prepared in a way as to be able to add these toppings of choice using a method I will not reveal here, but trust me, it can be done and it is awesome.

So, maybe one day you will be walking or driving down the street in your town and see a sign that says, Double E Bakery and Cafe and you will stop in and let us serve you at our pleasure, oh I almost forgot, we will have cookie dough prepped for you to, so you can decide what you want and we will bake them fresh for you, while you wait and dang it I forgot to put donuts on the menu, added just now and they will be better than Krispy Kremes!

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

I wish you and your wife only good things- love and prosperity! Now you do not need to say, but what city/state do you reside in? I ask because I would like to be on the look out!

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Awesome, i have some good ideas for you if you do.

Big Sellers:

Celebrity Cookies 'copywrite that' then sell your cookies as 'celebrity cookies' with signatures from famous people on them,and people will buy them up like penny candies in a dollar store.

Anything that is in vogue. If the sheep ahem, i mean humans', will buy them it's only because they were marketed to match what people consider 'IN', cool hip and even vagabonds want them, even if they don't want them, they still want them right', they're a hit, they're the life of the party, everyone wants these Cookies!

Marketing 101, which i'm a master at.

Nice Idea, much luck to you.

edit on 7-11-2016 by KarmasBiatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
You need to factor in wastage, if no one turns up you've got a shed load of stuff thats going to the land fill.

Its great that you're doing all the stuff fresh but all i'd say is build it up slowly adding stuff as and when the demand justifies the effort.

What makes you unique compared to the other bakeries in the area? organic ingredients, locally sourced food?

Should also say that keep the menu simple, its better to be known for a really good steak than an 5 different but meh meat cuts.

If you've seen restaurant impossible etc you'll see that less quite often is more and its true, too much choice can confuse people and normally if the menu is more than a couple of pages in size then its too big.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

Yes but that's not a winning attitude.

People like Tesla and Einstein didnt make their debut by declaring out loud that 'oops it might not work'.

You don't go far in life unless you are positive that where you are going, is going to lead you to where you need to go. And i know in my heart where that is. However, not everyone does. Most people are lingering on the fingertips of those who claim to know everything.

Each Man, and Woman, must make their own choices/decisions in life. Be a Sheep and go back to Sleep. Or Awaken and be redeemed.
edit on 7-11-2016 by KarmasBiatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: KarmasBiatch

Starting up a business is a painful thing, for a food place you're going to need all the cooking/freezing/storage stuff, meet local regs and look good and it aint easy unless you got a serious chunk of cash in the bank.

The positive attitude comes from knowing that you can deliver at 9am on day 1 everything you have on the menu and not legal problems from unhappy people even if it is just 3 different ham and cheese sandwiches and a bowl of onion soup.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Most likely for my our location will be somewhere in Florida, not sure what city, might start in Texas, perhaps Dallas. Thank you for your kind words of inspiration.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Yeah celebrity might be niche, but not for us, I want a variety to appeal to everyone and I will do this someday, business plan and scouted locations already done, just waiting on financing. Thanks for the encouragement!

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

Being in the food industry for over 35 years gives me ample experience on dealing with food cost. I am mindful of that and the products will have build to and any that go into the 2 day zone will get discounted for 1 day and then donated to the nearest food donation location.

We can offer variety without going overboard on production. The goal is to run out and if we don't have it so be it.

Thanks for the advice.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria

Starting up a business is a painful thing, for a food place you're going to need all the cooking/freezing/storage stuff, meet local regs and look good and it aint easy unless you got a serious chunk of cash in the bank.

The positive attitude comes from knowing that you can deliver at 9am on day 1 everything you have on the menu and not legal problems from unhappy people even if it is just 3 different ham and cheese sandwiches and a bowl of onion soup.

Well, seeing as i have a family member who owns a restaurant i already know how hard it is to get your foot in the door, thanks for the info though.

Knowing the ins and outs is always smart, having the money for me is no object however getting all my ducks in a row is going to be somewhat challenging.

But i believe therefore.... We shall see

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   

And what a beautiful dream it is! I'm so jealous...all I need is the hubby, because I could handle the cooking! Gads...I feel the pounds popping out all over just reading about all this deliciousosity! .👍 👏 Here's applause for your goals! I sincerely hope you do it....

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Rubicon3

Thank you so much for your enthusiastic reply! Portions in moderation my dear!

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Treat customers with respect and honesty and they are eager to be forgiving when there is a problem to deal with. I find that even the most difficult customers can be disarmed with a sincere apology and a smile. I have never had a customer leave any business that I ever ran or was a part of ownership without getting my 100% effort to please them.

I have been known to follow someone out to their car and bring them a gift certificate for a quick return. 1 bad experience cost you 10 potential customers and 1 good one can bring you 20 more. Too many places think they can just piss away business without consequences.

People want a good experience and if they don't get it there are 100 more places for them to give their hard earned money and the first impression is the longest lasting one. I tell my servers to ask a customer if this is their first time visiting us, so they can come tell me and I can make sure they are being taken care of and to let me know if there is anything they need or suggestions they have.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Well I'll be on the lookout. Sadly that isn't close, but nonetheless!

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The only thing i would say now is that it sounds like you know your onions and obviously have spent the time researching etc so why not go for it. Franchising is a whole other level of hassle and i'd seek some legal advice before heading that way.

new topics

top topics

join