It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Bernie supporters voting for Hillary?? I have lost all respect…

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This has been bubbling up in me for a while and is and will be the only rant post I make on this election. For those of you that don’t believe the people decide the election, I implore you to suspend your disbelief for a moment while I rant.

Now to my rant. Why in the world are Bernie Sanders supporters going to vote for Hillary, someone who threw him under the bus and colluded with the DNC to ensure Bernie was screwed out of any possible chance? This pi$$es me off to no end!

My god, I voted for Ted Cruz during the Republican primaries. Remember back during the Republican primaries toward the end when the establishment was trying to screw Trump out of the nomination through delegate flip-flopping and contested convention b.s.? I swore that if that happened, I WOULD NOT vote for Cruz in the general election because he would have won the nomination through nefarious means. The establishment wants to give me the middle finger by circumventing the fair winner of the nomination, I will give them the middle finger by voting for Bernie in the general…or simply not voting if Hillary was the democratic nominee.

Now, after everything we have seen with Hillary rigging the democratic nomination, it is clear that Bernie Sanders supporters’ votes didn’t count and didn’t matter! If I was a Democrat supporting Bernie I would be friggin’ ticked off, and would not support the establishment that basically said f you and f your vote you don’t get to decide anything. However, instead of tanking Hillary’s chances which is exactly what I would have done, they appear to be going to the voting booth for her.

Bernie was supposed to be anti-establishment for Democrats. Yet Bernie supporters are doing the exact opposite of voting anti-establishment. If I were a Bernie supporter and I didn’t want Trump to win, I would abstain from voting or vote third party, even if I knew that would mean a Trump presidency. If the shoe were on the other foot, I would have done the same thing had the establishment screwed Trump like Hillary did to Bernie, even though I didn’t initially support Trump.

Please let me be wrong on this. Please let Bernie supporters turn on the establishment in the voting booth. I can’t fathom the level of idiocy of millennials and young people who would think this is ok. Please restore a shred of my faith in young people and I promise I will look at them in a whole new light.

Thank you for letting me say my piece!

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I agree with you 100% there is no doubt now that Hillary and the DNC rigged the primaries against him. The proof is widely available at this point. How could anyone supporting Bernie vote for the woman and the party that disregarded democracy in favor of a coronation?

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: jburg6

I empathize with Bernie supporters but I understand why they are voting for Hillary (some of them, anyway).

Despite the way the DNC and Hillary railroaded the primary, Hillary's views/policies are still much closer to Bernie's than Trump's.

Edit to Add: A Bernie supporter voting for Trump out of revenge would be an emotional act, not one based on logic, in my opinion.
edit on 4-11-2016 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

Edit to Add: A Bernie supporter voting for Trump out of revenge would be an emotional act, not one based on logic, in my opinion.

I will respectfully disagree with you there. The logic in doing such a thing is to say to the establishment that there is a point in people voting and the establishment cannot just pick whoever they want in the future and expect us to blindly go along with it when we as a people have demanded a different choice.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

I empathize with Bernie supporters but I understand why they are voting for Hillary (some of them, anyway).

Despite the way the DNC and Hillary railroaded the primary, Hillary's views/policies are still much closer to Bernie's than Trump's.

^^^^^^This ^^^^^

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Um, because voting for Dirty Donald would be a massive mistake, which for some reason Trump supporters do not get!!!! Donald could do anything and you people still defend him!!

Hilary did not rig the damn primaries!!! Man people!!!

All of the crappie things he has said about, women, blacks, Hispanics!?! On camera!!! He lost the debate's he offered nothing but words like we are going to make America great again, but has absolutely no plan!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
If a Republican gets in they will shake things up...cut government programs, cut government jobs, attack the ACA, steer people to working for a living. Bernie wanted to do the extreme opposite so they loved it. Hillary, not the extreme opposite but more of a keep the current climate. They are voting for her with their heads mildly down. They basically wanted more free stuff. Not going to happen with Trump.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
2 reasons...

1. Their platforms are 90% identical

2. They both agree a trump presidency would be disasterous

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

And in the meantime accept a candidate for president who, if facing anyone more legitimate than a three dollar bill covered in white powder, would have had his head handed to him on a platter?

No, that would not be logical in the least. This is what the sort of logic you are using suggests a person who wanted Sanders should do.

Sanders supporter: "Well, my candidate is no longer in the running, due to a dirty trick pulled by the Democrat Party and their candidate, Hilary Clinton...Guess I had better throw in my lot with someone who literally stands for everything I oppose, wants a wall that insults the freedom and liberty this nation represents, wants to prevent people from certain nationalities and faiths from entering the country, legally or otherwise for a period which is discriminatory and unAmerican, wants to bring back jobs to a country he refuses to do manufacturing in himself, and wants to fight corruption despite probably not having paid taxes in about eighteen years, after his billion dollar failure."

Logical for a Sanders supporter, would be voting for Stein, someone like that. Someone even further out on the raggedy edge of the left, to force the tiller to the side they wanted, regardless of what happened with the DNC. Selecting Trump as a protest would not be logical, not achieve anything like the best compromise available. That is utter nonsense of the highest order, and only surpassed in any small way by the nonsense that is the notion of a Trump Presidency.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Because Hillary represents a closer idea to what Bernie stands for than Trump does. There is also no room for Bernie in a Trump Presidency and none of Bernie's ideas would get implemented by him.

MAYBE you'd have a point arguing to vote for Jill Stein, but Trump? Lol at that! I'm voting against Trump too, by the way.
edit on 4-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I see where they are coming from, but what is troubling is that this sends the message to the powers that be that we could care less if you rig the system, as long as we get our free handouts you can push whatever agenda/candidate you want. Kind of like masters feeding their slaves and giving them shelter to keep them complacent.

Surely this is not the message we want to be pushing?

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I think I'll be okay without having your respect.

It will be hard...but I'll survive.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure that message was received by them LONG before you were even born let alone from this election.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

^^^^^^This ^^^^^

So tyranny and corruption are cool as long as it's from within your party?

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Hilary did not rig the damn primaries!!! Man people!!!

Which is why Debbie Wasserman Shultz resigned as head of DNC and the new head of DNC was fired from CNN for giving Hillary questions before the debate? Ooooooooooooookay!

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Better to have some hope of policies I want than no hope at all.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Well it was fine when George Bush was in power. Tyrant, corrupt... checked both boxes throughout his presidency... never held him back worth a damn.

Illegal wars for profits, use of proxy agents... no one bats a single eyelid.

Long and short of it, of course it is not ok, but people who live in glass houses ought to sit down and shut up, don't you think? The ONLY people with a word to say on this, would have been Bernie supporters. Everyone else is just trying to score points, but Bernie supporters actually got stiffed worse than anyone else with a dog in this fight.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: jburg6
This has been bubbling up in me for a while and is and will be the only rant post I make on this election. For those of you that don’t believe the people decide the election, I implore you to suspend your disbelief for a moment while I rant.

Now to my rant. Why in the world are Bernie Sanders supporters going to vote for Hillary, someone who threw him under the bus and colluded with the DNC to ensure Bernie was screwed out of any possible chance? This pi$$es me off to no end!

My god, I voted for Ted Cruz during the Republican primaries. Remember back during the Republican primaries toward the end when the establishment was trying to screw Trump out of the nomination through delegate flip-flopping and contested convention b.s.? I swore that if that happened, I WOULD NOT vote for Cruz in the general election because he would have won the nomination through nefarious means. The establishment wants to give me the middle finger by circumventing the fair winner of the nomination, I will give them the middle finger by voting for Bernie in the general…or simply not voting if Hillary was the democratic nominee.

Now, after everything we have seen with Hillary rigging the democratic nomination, it is clear that Bernie Sanders supporters’ votes didn’t count and didn’t matter! If I was a Democrat supporting Bernie I would be friggin’ ticked off, and would not support the establishment that basically said f you and f your vote you don’t get to decide anything. However, instead of tanking Hillary’s chances which is exactly what I would have done, they appear to be going to the voting booth for her.

Bernie was supposed to be anti-establishment for Democrats. Yet Bernie supporters are doing the exact opposite of voting anti-establishment. If I were a Bernie supporter and I didn’t want Trump to win, I would abstain from voting or vote third party, even if I knew that would mean a Trump presidency. If the shoe were on the other foot, I would have done the same thing had the establishment screwed Trump like Hillary did to Bernie, even though I didn’t initially support Trump.

Please let me be wrong on this. Please let Bernie supporters turn on the establishment in the voting booth. I can’t fathom the level of idiocy of millennials and young people who would think this is ok. Please restore a shred of my faith in young people and I promise I will look at them in a whole new light.

Thank you for letting me say my piece!
Not all of us are..

However, yes, I'm having trouble understanding those who are. Most are following the lesser of two evils and pragmatist argument. Most liberals do think trump is worse than Hillary.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Bernie didn't deserve that platform but that's what happens when everyone dropped out before the first lap of the race. They all dived and cleared out the way. It was probably the funniest part of the whole DNC script. It looked like Bennie Hinn laying his hand on people and they hit the floor and pass out.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

Bernie spent his whole political career earning that platform.

His voting record was the most consistently pro-humanity of any politician in the entire country, still is. I am unsure what your issue is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join