It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders Abandons Clinton in Final Week

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Rather than delay holding Clinton accountable to progressive ideals until she’s safely in the White House, Sanders has recently emphasized the importance of pushing her to do the right thing, as she can’t be trusted to do so otherwise. “This is not trust. We are not here to trust,” Sanders said in a recent interview with NowThis. “It is the very opposite of what I am saying, ‘oh, sit back, elect Clinton, and then trust.’ No, Mobilize. Educate. And if there are Democratic members of Congress, or if Clinton, when elected President does not go forward in doing the right thing, let them know how you feel about it.”
SOURCE

Sanders is proving once again that he's controlled opposition. I'm not blaming him for that. Who wants to end up like John F. Kennedy or Martin Luther King?

Anyone who could have seen his record of public service objectively would have known long ago that he was controlled opposition.

At least this latest change proves that he does genuinely mean what he says concerning his political beliefs. I just don't see how his followers will still be keen on listening to anything he says anymore. Didn't he betray them? I'm not criticizing the choice, but we need to face the facts.
edit on 3-11-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I don't read it that way. It sounds like he is going to be watching Hillary and asking all of us to voice our opinions when she starts going right to make the rich happy. Along with Warren. You can work with Hillary but not any republican.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Sounds to me hes moving forward with creating his new party. Got to realize Bernie is a reluctant participant and the reason is you cant change things from the outside looking in. He so much as said this and even on his website hes actively building a base not something you would do if your controlled opposition. In fact as the democratic party falls apart with this Hillary mess this will put him in to a make changes and even change the party.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

I don't read it that way. It sounds like he is going to be watching Hillary and asking all of us to voice our opinions when she starts going right to make the rich happy. Along with Warren. You can work with Hillary but not any republican.

You are one of the few left trying vainly to hold on to that rough ride Hillary bandwagon.Its falling apart quickly. Why do this to yourself ? Because of Party. Vote for a candidate about to be arrested by the FBI ? Break out of that Progressive Liberal mind control sh** . I did...and much better off for it.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Where are the charges? Gossip, gossip, gossip. I am going to have so much fun.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Bernie Sanders Abandons Clinton in Final Week

Really?

To me he says "vote Democrat, but hold them responsible for their actions"

edit on 3-11-2016 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   

That's exactly what I read as well... the article with it's headline feels like it's trying to sway votes rather than letting them think for themselves. It's beyond naive, even for Bernie, to think that Clinton will do the "right thing" and as well to think that he will have anything what so ever to say, once she begins to place those elitists in positions so they can control the whole thing without repercussions.

In fact, this Bernie statement saddens me... it shows that he has given way completely to the Dem game play, and he is trying to salvage what he has left. Tsk....

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Bit late now. He should've thrown her under the bus after the rigged convention and then ran as an independent.

Both major parties will need to reform and accept newcomers or die.

The GOP will have to embrace Trump's right wing nationalist populism, and the DNC will need to adopt Bernies slightly-left-of-centre social democracy.

Religious fanaticism and corporate interests respectively, as well as Imperialist expansionism simply aren't going to cut it anymore.

The old political order is on the way out, the huge surge of popularity for new comers and their ideas this year proves as much, it's just a matter of time.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: flice

Good, would not want him to go completely away. At least he has a plan.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Sanders, Pharrell Williams to rally for Clinton in Raleigh

Everything about this autumn is a trainwreck. On every side. And everybody points to anything even remotely resembling a problem, or possibly only a rumor and declares it to be a cause to have that candidate to resign.

This is hopeless. Everybody involved should hang their heads in shame, really!

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Thats the best example of a Progressive Liberal anyone could give. You know this.....

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I AM A PROUD PROGRESSEIVE LIBERAL, so stop trying to insult me. Where are the charges for all these people raping children and all the other numerous accusations? So now I am to believe that the FBI is just letting people fly around in jets raping children, stealing money for foundations with no charges. LOL.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   

*Inserts fingers into ears*

"LALALALALALALALALALALA!"

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Almost peed me trousers mate.

Laugh, nah, tears,

Didn't spill me beer but blew out a bit of froth laughing,

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
what I read was Sanders got a taste of the Clinton table and liked it. He's making it known that in the future he's expecting the favors to continue or he's willing to "rally the troops" if needed.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Yeah, I get that a lot from grandchildren. lol

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Is Hillary Clinton really the role model you want for your grand kids? Shouldn't be surprised when they start lying, cheating, and murdering people to get their way.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Ha,ha,ha. What fool would tell their grandkids they need a role model. Think for yourself.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Why would you attack Mr Sanders voting record, of all things? Its the most solid of any of the politically experienced candidates, not just in this election, but in the last three or more.

Seems an odd angle to come at him from.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

You don't read it "that way" MOM ... because Senator Sanders didn't say or do what the OP implies.

Sanders is saying (quite rightly) that his support is contingent on Clinton pursuing Progressive principles.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join