It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Aliens create religion? And was it for a purpose?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Long time reader, first time poster.

This is a very interesting topic. First off, I'd like to expound upon a few things which I believe might be possible.

I believe it's possible Jesus Christ is a member of a benevolent alien race trying to guide humankind on the path toward enlightenment. I believe it's possible when Jesus returns for the second time, a fleet of cross-shaped ships will beam up humans with a "light soul vibration" and leave humans with a "dark soul vibration" on Earth to suffer from an entirely different set of beings who want to cause nothing but suffering. I believe it's possible Heaven is a large dome-encased living space floating somewhere in space where those with a "light soul vibration" will live in peace and pleasure for eternity.

Now, I don't necessarily hold to these beliefs, but in the thinking sense of a normal human being, I believe these things to be possible.

In response to the actual topic, if the possibilities above hold to be true, I believe religion was created for two very simple reasons: One, love the Lord Your God (aka, the One who created you) with all your heart, soul and mind, and second, love your neighbors as yourself (aka, hold others to the utmost love and respect). While these two paradigms are the basis for the Ten Commandments, they stand alone as the two rules that should be followed to live a healthy, respectable life.

So, in a nutshell, worship the being who created you, because he/she/it is the one who gave you life, and love others.

(Sorry if this comes across as preachy. Just my interpretation of the whole thing.)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by created0045
I believe it's possible Jesus Christ is a member of a benevolent alien race trying to guide humankind on the path toward enlightenment.

I like this because it reminds me of the 80s, and when Linda Howe was talking to Richard Doty about that. It is just so funny to me. A person doesn't believe what hundreds of people are trying to tell them, going through great lengths to get attention, and they believe one outrageous thing from one source who is obviously untruthful. I know Linda believed the other things that appear to be truthful but bring Jesus in it is funny to me because I cannot see a tie.

Religion has absolutely nothing to do with Ufology, and would have nothing to do with the government admitting to the world that they found dead alien bodies at Roswell, then or now. The solders that saw the bodies kept on going to church, only a few couldn't handle it.

For the people who are emotionally affected who witness an alien, it may be an emotional thing cause nightmares and so on, but it doesn't have anything to do with religion unless you are using religion to deal with your issues.
edit on 8-5-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join