It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Aliens create religion? And was it for a purpose?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
okay, first things first, i dont believe aliens created religion at all, i am a firm believer in Christianity and the Savior and Lord Jesus Christ. BUT this thread is for those people who do believe Aliens are in the bible or what not, or any one who finds what i am about to say interesting. And i want to get the attention off that stupid war topic in here! Okay, here it goes!

Did you guys ever think that if Aliens created Religion that maybe they did it for a reason? Maybe they created Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, and Budhism for a reason? Maybe they want us warring with each other and slowing ourselves down in terms of technological progression because maybe we are the smartest race and are gaining technology at an exponential rate in comparison to how fast they advanced. And they know that say we do advance past them in technology, maybe mankind will oppress the rest of space! Or maybe for some other reason. What do you guys think?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
To "create" something means to bring something into existence out of nothing. I do not beleive that aliens have "created" religion. Now, with that said, I do believe they have highly influenced certain religions, or at least certain cultures religious practices.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Official Disclaimer: I believe in a Creator.

Now then, I don't believe aliens created religion. At least not aliens like the kind we usually discuss here. Now if we were to take your question in a very broad sense and include beings from other dimensions under the umbrella term "alien" then we could open a whole new universe (pun intended) of possibilities. If we did this we could strech the term alien and theorize that angels, demons, ghosts, and gods are in fact aliens since they do not necessarily exist in our dimension as we do.

In my opinion, however, religion is a term denoting reverence for a supernatural power. In this sense I would have to say that people created religion. God simply is (for those who believe in a God), we create in ourselves reverence for our creator. Generally humans, sociologically and psychologically speaking, need some type of belief system (reverence) in their lives.
Therefore, WE create religion.

(Edited after engaging my "PC meter")

[edit on 1/24/05 by wellwhatnow]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Ever heard of MAD, mutually assured destruction by 10,000 nuclear warheads pointed at each other during the cold war?

Read into that and tell me again if we are the that we are the smartest race in the world.

Come on, we are not even smart enoughto realize that dropping couple of bombs would wipe off the entire planet, yet we have thousands in stockpile, the only reason we haven't blown ourself yet is because of pure luck.

Surf

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I just wanted to point out a flaw in your post Ryan, Christianity origonaly came from catholicism which came from Judaism.

As for aliens creating or manipulating the world religions, I'm unsure at the time.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
I just wanted to point out a flaw in your post Ryan, Christianity origonaly came from catholicism which came from Judaism.

As for aliens creating or manipulating the world religions, I'm unsure at the time.

What? Christianity is the overall category in which Catholicism falls into. Catholicism is just like a sect of Christianity. Your right Roman Catholic was the first, but where is the flaw? I never even got into this subject.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
they want us to fight each other that y they gave us a religon then after we have had all our wars and fight there goin to come to make us hosts of some sort

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555

What? Christianity is the overall category in which Catholicism falls into. Catholicism is just like a sect of Christianity. Your right Roman Catholic was the first, but where is the flaw? I never even got into this subject.

Take it a step further and say that Judaism, or the Hebrew scriptures "borrows" heavily from Sumerian legend and Egyptian myths. The story of jesus and mary are borrowed from the accounts of Isis and Horus=Heru.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
People may have seen aliens and thought that this was unusuall and invented god to explain this

BTW buddism is not a war religion so if aliens created that religion for war making..........

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
Ever heard of MAD, mutually assured destruction by 10,000 nuclear warheads pointed at each other during the cold war?

Read into that and tell me again if we are the that we are the smartest race in the world.

Come on, we are not even smart enoughto realize that dropping couple of bombs would wipe off the entire planet, yet we have thousands in stockpile, the only reason we haven't blown ourself yet is because of pure luck.

Surf

A couple of nukes wouldnt end anything except the people they were dropped on. He have nuked the planet 2,065 times not counting the ones used in Japan. 527 of which were above ground.

MAD never happened because the people in charge were not stupid if the US and Russia were infact stupid there would have been a nuclear war long ago.

www.johnstonsarchive.net...

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Maybe aliens created religions to see how mankind would deal with all the war and contradictions. Like a test. I think we failed that.

Maybe humans created religion after seeing aliens, thinking they were Gods.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:05 AM
link   
What if your saying is true and when Jesus/God/ the aliens return they're gonna be supremely angered that we didn't follow their instructions to the letter of the law. They might not like how we altered our religions to fit our new alternative lifestyles and single parent families. If so then we could be looking at another Sodom & gomorah only on a scale that would include the entire western civilization.
Better hope not.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that most wars historically have begun due to "Religious differences".
IMO, an alien race or races have visited this planet many times in the course of its existence and what they did or showed to people who witnessed them on this earth was wrongly translated into a "religious meaning". I also believe that the common denominator within all (or most, Im not sure) religions, the fact that Gods come from above, above is good, good deeds get you up and down is bad, hell is down and bad deeds force you to go(stay?) down was something we were taught as a race along time ago by the aformentioned race or races of beings from another planet/dimension/heaven.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Catholicism was not the first sect of Christianity Authadox Christians was. Catholicism is the beast that destroyed true christianity.
I beleive that Aliens through out history has molded us into what we are today. I dont beleive that they gave us religion but they are responsible for it. Most humans are naturally weak minded animals who needs guidance and control. Every flock of sheep needs a shepard to care for them and protect them from the wolfs.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I think there always been a kind of faith. Milions of years ago when there was lighting i think that the homo sapiens thought it was a act of a higher being. Just becouse they did't understand it. When the aliens landed with there 'fire horses' mabey it sparked a feeling of belief that there are gods in the sky....

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Doesn't wash...

Why create separate faiths? Creating one faith, then showing up as THAT diety, that would be the way to go....

Not to mention, there is a pretty well established chain of events showing how various religions evolved, incorporated other religions, etc....as I'm sure most anthropologists would agree.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Killak420

Most humans are naturally weak minded animals who needs guidance and control. Every flock of sheep needs a shepard to care for them and protect them from the wolfs.

You know sometimes the shepard is the evil one. I got to say it: Bush is a very good example of a powerful mind controler to get everything his way and massacre these would-be-wolfs.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
A couple of nukes wouldnt end anything except the people they were dropped on. He have nuked the planet 2,065 times not counting the ones used in Japan. 527 of which were above ground.

MAD never happened because the people in charge were not stupid if the US and Russia were infact stupid there would have been a nuclear war long ago.

www.johnstonsarchive.net...

I meant couple figuratively. By your own link, at peak there were about 70,000 warheads, tell me how many times can you blow the world with those?

The people in charge in US and Russia weren't stupid? Ever heard of Cuban Missle crisis or the incident when Russian computers falsely gave nuclear missle alarms? Those two are the known ones, who knows how many are unknown.

All the warheads we have detonated are ones far from human population, except tall and skinny ones.

People in Nagasaki and Hiroshima still suffer from radiation problems, and this is over 50 years and those nukes were first generation.

We now have ones that can do twice that many damage.

Tell me again, are we stupid or what?

Surf

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Interesting. I'm a Christian also, and I do believe aliens are responsible for different religions.
I believe that the fallen angels that mated with human women in Genesis and made human/angle offspring, that those offspring some of which were giants were the ones people of different cultures worshipped as gods. I think a lot of the mythologies came from those alien/human offspring and a lot of religions and traditions came from worshipping them. Lucifer and his followers started those false religions to lure mankind away from God.
Its a long story but it involves the ancient technologies that were very far advanced for those times, and could be the reason for the destruction of Atlantis and the Flood of Noah. Which is why some of the fallen angel/human hybrids then fled to space because they were driven from the planet by God. It's all very interesting.
Now we think of them as aliens because of their coming from other planets and their technologies, but most people who claim to have contact with aliens say that the aliens claim earth is their old ancient hangout. Aliens/star people/fallen angels/giants have been seen and written about all over the world and in different cultures all over the world.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Take it a step further and say that Judaism, or the Hebrew scriptures "borrows" heavily from Sumerian legend and Egyptian myths. The story of jesus and mary are borrowed from the accounts of Isis and Horus=Heru.

I wouldn't say "borrowed" I would say it's more like people wrote about what was happening in their time all over the world and different cultures had their own perspective of it, so that's why so many seem to sound alike or have a lot in common. The whole world experieced something and different cultures wrote about it but slightly different but still with a common denominater.
That's why just about all cultures have a story about a great flood. Many cultures claim their gods came from the stars and mated with human women and the Bible tells of fallen angels coming down to mate with human women. The Bible says there were giants in the land and many other cultures have their myths of different gods and dieties like Hercules etc.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join