It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Aliens create religion? And was it for a purpose?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
gl2

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Numerous reports say that US intelligence has evidence, actual alien testimony and more, that the so-called "federation aliens" (gray-related) helped to stage phenomena surrounding three of our prophets (presumably Moses, Jesus, and Mohammed). They may have done so to both steer us toward less war-like alternatives at each juncture, but they also planted a conflict regime that may be meant to handicap us, to prevent us from being able to achieve world peace without their colonizing intervention. Not so innocent.

The Moses case would have been to cultivate a personalistic religion, plus sort out the crappy lifestyles of the time. Jesus would have been timed to help end the Roman empire, perhaps more. Muhammed would have been timed to offer an alternative to Christian colonization of Africa to the south and to provide a more openly mathematical, studied classical learning than did Christians of the day (shortly after the fall of Rome). Now, of course, religion is a major obstacle to understanding of the science of other worlds. It is also an easy pawn in the federation takeover strategy, a way to bleed us all to desperation, in hopes of making us capitulate to federation stealing of resources in our vicinity. *The federation is based in and centered upon a distant galaxy, 14 million light years away, says Phillip Krapf, Pulitzer Prize winning journalist who documents the Verdants,. aliens who lead the gray-related federation. In short, that federation isn't even the prevailing format in this galaxy. Instead, it's a kind of window dressing for the overpopulation and resource excess of the Verdants, from an entirely different galaxy group. Signed, an experiencer who has disputed with them, directly, for years.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
There is an article that says there is some evidence that the need for a religion/spiritual practice is in our DNA. The article suggests that perhaps through a series of sociological needs and heredity, the average human is likely to seek spirituality.
It goes on to say that this trait will be strong in some and dormant in others, like any characteristics determined through our DNA, and therefore people's beliefs will differ in degree from zealot to aethist.

www.time.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow
There is an article that says there is some evidence that the need for a religion/spiritual practice is in our DNA. The article suggests that perhaps through a series of sociological needs and heredity, the average human is likely to seek spirituality.
It goes on to say that this trait will be strong in some and dormant in others, like any characteristics determined through our DNA, and therefore people's beliefs will differ in degree from zealot to aethist.

www.time.com...

Well, if folow the Bible, God says that we were created to worship him. If that is the case, then it not far fetched to say that we were born with a desire to see spirituality.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow

www.time.com...

now thats getting to the line of thinking i have...primitive religion, superstition etc is a part of our mental make-up.
early humans relied a lot on what we now call body language in concert with the early grunts & gestures which made up language.
those persons which had a heightened ability to to discern additional information, now called insight, had an advantage in survival and producing offspring.
this 'intangible' mental adroitness, while it could not be explained in words,
did gain a status & reverence...viola.......the unexplainable mysteries, the mind expanding unfathomable, the awe, the 'sacred' was born-created
first as superstition, then evolving to a religion as men became urbanized and civilized.

*ergo, 'spirituality' is a evolutionary advantage,
*religion is the formalized heirarchy within social structures
*aliens, be they ethenogens or ecstacies from induced brain dysfunctions, are anything not 'ordinarily-human'

IMHO

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:20 AM
link   
i rekon the aliens that moved us here from mars gave us a religion so there isnt much hate and wars but it hasnt worked very well that why in 2012 they come back and save us, well in a way they save us they help the UN spread peace..
Love the Aliens above

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
Maybe they want us warring with each other and slowing ourselves down in terms of technological progression because maybe we are the smartest race and are gaining technology at an exponential rate in comparison to how fast they advanced. And they know that say we do advance past them in technology, maybe mankind will oppress the rest of space! Or maybe for some other reason. What do you guys think?

How could an alien race make such an assumption the first religions were around who knows how long ago.

How could they judge from us then; then before we had religion that we would become a quickly advancing race?

It would be impossible to make such an assumption unless you wanna get into time travel i guess.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Did aliens create religion? Hard question to answer if you think that you will be cast to hell for all eternity for answering. I believe yes, for God, Jesus's alleged father was not of this world, never stepped foot on our planet, only his son. By alien last time I checked was not of this planet, not mortal. God is all powerful and can create life. Obviously not human makes him an alien...or simply non hollywood type phrase: not of this planet. Can we prove for sure 100 percent the existence of God, No, can we prove it to the negative? No again. faith and life and continuation are not the same as knowing the truth about our past. If an alien society wanted to influcence Earthlings what better time than B.C.E when people were majorally sucepible to anything. I.E Bring my 2008 car to 2100 B.C.E and they'd describe it with godly qualities... not a 2008 toyota. The terms they use then are not meant to be taken literally. Maybe the aliens are us, coming back in time to change the course of human history with Moses, and all the people that could predict future events, what better way than knowing because it already happened and than bringing that info back and gving it to someone that has not experienced it. Example of this would be me going back in time as an old man to myself when I am 14 and not telling myself who I am or where I am, just merely giving information of George W. Bush being president in 2008... than leaving... that simple act changes everything from what I would have been doing that day without the interference to years later when the fact becomes real... and I remember that an old man told me the future....Im awwed and wowed all that the same time, with unanswerable questions... it becomes fill in the blank. My truth now may be different than what really happened. Now say I gave my younger self vast knowledge of the soon to be...and it all came true. Simple man comes to simple conclusions, pure and sinple. Its not about faith or beliving in God ot Jesus...its about knowing where we came from and why. And acient people had nothing that we had now... if we landed in a simple plan in their time and we came from the heavens and they began to spin some truth to what they were seeing... and we never corrected them... it be a wonder what they would come up with then, based off what they know to be true about the universe, and their world in general. Could everything have happened differently than been interpited wrong, yes... happens all the time, example would be walking in on your best freind giving your girl friend a massage, could have been innocent, was innocent enough, but naturally we have to make our own opinions, and you tell one person that truth thats not supported, than that person tells another and so on and so forth. That simple. Human-kind may have simply needed a reboot and what better way than to infuse religion accidently when arriving to change something that went very wrong. How we are today in all parts of the world could have been drastically different, we will never know, for we never lived it. But the theory is there, as long we we believe in God and Jesus, there will be multiple ways to explain it, not one is more right than the other...for faith is stronger than the written word, for man makes mistakes, and not always knows it, till there is a world wide religous curcuit going on. God an alien? Why not, he aint from around here, human is human, alien is alien... and how to we know... because the bible tells us so... its a book written by men with a religous stake in the outcome.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I have never known what to believe in. I have gone to church a couple times, and seen those wacky preachers on TV. Every time I see them preach I laugh, and think wow what in the world, they are not speaking with rationality or fact at all. When I first started researching aliens, I quickly realized that they are more believable than any religion or god. And, why is christianity correct, but christians discard any other religion like the mormons or muslims? Christians discard them because they are make believe, but isn't christianity as well? I think all religions make their followers dilusional. If we all just got rid of the primitavity of religion maybe we can realize what really matters. Saving our planet from destruction, peace, and advancing our species. People using god as an explaination for things holds us back as a society. Example... Why are we here and how did we come about? (Christian response to that?) Oh, well, god put us here...
What is that? that explains nothing, but most don't look into the subject more than that. Well, if we would all come together and say "Hey, god didn't create us, so what really did happen?" then I think we would be more advanced than we are now.
Also, I do believe in aliens, area 51, s4 and s2, etc. because, it explains a lot. We as a people need to be at the level of understanding that our government is at. The people at area 51 probably already know why we are here. The technology used there is far more advanced than anything we can imagine... every year the government black projects surpass the general public in technology by 45 years. Right now it is said that we have technology that is 1200 times more advanced than anything in the public eye. How? aliens helping us out. I think we should all just raid area 51 and see what's really going on. Only then, will we know the truth and our purpose... but only time will tell. I could type for hours more but my wrists hurt so peace out... and remember religion and god is delusional. wake up.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Evidence of DNA manipulation in our distant past?

The Human Genome Project has dished up some real surprises to scientists. The first surprise was the vast percentage of the human DNA that is inactive. It is estimated that at least 97% of our DNA is in actual fact a waste of space, as it does not contain any active genes that actually carry the code for any of our physical makeup. Then within the genes there are Introns – parts that do not carry any code; and Exons - sections that carry some sort of genetic code. The full length of our DNA is made up of some 20 000 genes that have now been identified. These genes carry the blueprint for the structure of our entire body. What is very puzzling is the fact that Homo sapiens, as the supposed pinnacle if civilized evolution on this planet, should have such large parts of unused DNA. We seem to have the longest DNA molecule amon g all other species, but we use the smallest part of it in proportion to the other species. In other words, all the other creatures use much more of their DNA than humans do. Some species use as much as 98% of their DNA.

This flies directly in the face of the principles of evolution. Humans should have the most complex and evolved DNA of all creatures, to have reached levels of civilization seemingly much higher than any other species on Earth over millions of years of evolution. What is even more curious is the predicted number of genes in species. The numbers seem to increase steadily from basic organisms to the most advanced. We would expect that humans should end up having most genes, but strangely this is not the case. Here are some examples of the predictions for total number of genes in species. Fruit Fly 21 000; Zebrafish 50 000; Chicken 76 000; Mouse 81 000; Chimp 130 000; Human 68 000.

Can you see the problem here? The Chimp is our closest know genetic relative and yet it has almost twice as many genes as humans. And then we get to the anomaly of the chromosomes. Our DNA is broken up into 23 pairs of chromosomes. By comparison, all apes have 24 pairs. One would expect that Homo erectus, our immediate evolutionary precursor would then also have had 24 chromosome pairs.

On 6 April 2005, researchers from the National Human Genome Research Institute announced that "A detailed analysis of chromosomes 2 and 4 has detected the largest "gene deserts" known in the human genome and uncovered more evidence that human chromosome 2 arose from the fusion of two ancestral ape chromosomes" as reported in Nature. It is also the second largest chromosome we possess and it seems to make no sense why 2 primordial chromosomes should have merged to make us human, if this new chromosome gives us no apparent advantage for survival.

So when we read in the Sumerian tablets that humans were cloned as a sub-species between Homo erectus and a more advanced human-like species that arrived on Earth some 400 000 years ago, it suddenly makes a little bit more sense. The tablets describe how our maker removed certain parts of the "Tree of life" to trim the ability of the new "creature" and how they struggled to make the perfect "primitive worker" so that it could understand commands but not be too smart to question their existence.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
okay, first things first, i dont believe aliens created religion at all, i am a firm believer in Christianity and the Savior and Lord Jesus Christ. BUT this thread is for those people who do believe Aliens are in the bible or what not, or any one who finds what i am about to say interesting. And i want to get the attention off that stupid war topic in here! Okay, here it goes!

Did you guys ever think that if Aliens created Religion that maybe they did it for a reason? Maybe they created Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, and Budhism for a reason? Maybe they want us warring with each other and slowing ourselves down in terms of technological progression because maybe we are the smartest race and are gaining technology at an exponential rate in comparison to how fast they advanced. And they know that say we do advance past them in technology, maybe mankind will oppress the rest of space! Or maybe for some other reason. What do you guys think?

i for one would love to see any evidence at all for a god..or that jesus or god are or have ever been looking after us...i cant see any.

theres FAR more evidence of numerous things...UFOs and aliens included...than there has ever been of a loving and all seeing god..

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ryanp5555

The late great Arthur C. Clarke´s comment that ´A sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic´ is a perceptive one.
I suppose,nowadays,if we landed on a planet full of natives and then took off again, the locals would start deifying and embellishing stories about us almost immediatley (so the concept does not seem that outlandish).
Likewise if someone went back in time with something as mundane as a louspeaker or a cigarette lighter,they would also be regarded as powerfull magicians.
Who knows?
This explanation seems a bit more plausible and likely than the all encompassing creator of the universe putting in an appearance in our insignificant galaxy,never-mind insignificant planet.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mpeake

A THOUGHT...

One of the fist things that a large housing project developer builds, are the roads of the neighborhood. Then one by one the houses are built. In relation to this topic, think of the roads in this example, as the belief systems that beings which you are going to create eventually, will be using as a template for their lives.

Each housing project represents a particular religion. In time the home owners bicker with each other as to who has the best neighborhood. Causing so much commotion that all attention is drawn away from the developers, who in this case is one specific developer.

A bit simplified but you get the idea.

Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
4Text
To my point of view i think that aliens did create a religion also i am a believer of Jesus, but is there any prove of Jesus, no not really only in the bible, but what i don't get is that throughout history aliens and UFO'S are everywhere and i think that they did create a religion, why because there are so many religions out there, so many.

for example if there was only one main religion there will be, but no there are a lot of many religions with different gods, so i think different cultures around the world in the past have made contact with aliens and believed they was god, created this religion,

this is my point of view if there was no religion there would be no war.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I beilive we created religion, but they gave us the tools. Jesus was an alien human hybrid which explains his powers, how the Virgin Mary got pregnant, and the North star was an alien spacecraft.
Its a working theory. I'll post it as a seperate thread sooner or later.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Freuds Future of an Illusion goes into the evolution of religions to a convincing degree. There is a geneology to religions, you can see it go from polytheism to monotheism as time moves forward and civilizations became more and more intelligent.

I mean sure you could argue there is "divine intervention" by ETs but that arguement rests on the side of faith holders as well so it would be no different. I see zero reason to believe religion was created by anyone but scared people needing someone really really powerful to complain to about all their worries.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Did they allow themselves to be perceived as "gods"? YES, did they create the idea of religion itself, hard to say. What could be the purpose of these actions?
1. to make their presence easier for our ancestors who still had much to learn about the universe as do we.
2. to make us easier to control.
either could be a possible, although there may be other reasons we cannot even guess.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
What? What "god" looks alien? All of our "gods" are seen in mans image? There is no proof AT ALL of ETs being percieved as gods. At All.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I say give them credit for coming up with religion.

A lot of people already give them credit for inventing: computers,biology,physics.electricity,airplanes, etc,.etc.

What's one more title to bestow on our benefactors. We are just cattle, mulling around, waiting on another alien idea to propel us in a new direction.

I do want to thank the ET that came up with the drive-through restaurant idea. That one is a keeper.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I, for one, strongly believe that aliens influenced every religion that exists today, in one way or another. I believe man was created by the Anunnaki to be slaves (originally, but that is another story for another time.) Aliens came, mated with humans, created giants, etc. But when we die, our "soul" (our life energy/mind/being that is,) goes somewhere, just not "heaven" or "hell". Life is merely about the balance between good and bad. When we die, our souls just go to the collective conscience, and we, essentially, live forever.

Religion was/is just a way for the aliens to control us, and guide us. To see how far they can push us, and to get a deeper understanding of how the spirit copes trapped in a 3D body.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join