It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The enlightened ones might lack aggression!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: crowdedskies

Yeah, but life is built out of feedback loops. People mirror one another: mean with me, and I'll be mean right back to you.

The term for this dynamic - because it grows beyond each individuals personal control - is a "positive feedback loop" - because each party provokes the other into an increasingly stronger reaction.

The clearest minded thinkers - Jesus and Buddha come to mind - had it right, fight aggressiveness with compassion; do not mirror the other and so confirm their expectactions. This is important - we expect, anticipate, and pro-spect into the future when we think: these anticipatory mechanisms are built into the base-level of our brainfunctioning, the so-called reptilian brain.

I also don't think the op was advocating an aggressive attitude, though he was indeed implying that being good is partly the reason why the bad guys i.e. people like you (JK!) succeed.

My model of politics would probably resemble the "mordechai" model. You know the book of Esther? That book models the rational way of functioning within the sesspool of politics - intrinsically a phenomena in which people hide their actual thoughts and feelings from others, in a game of mutual deception and contingent (yet intrinsically unstable) alliances in the pursuit of power. But it takes a great deal of spiritual 'might' - or gevurah. You might see this as "dirty tricks", or what have you, but it might just simply refer to the discipline to tolerate the idiocy and cynicism of the other - that, if they engage in acts of deception and malice against you, the last thing you should give them is your psychic "openess" to their meanness - if they devalue and objectify you, relate to them as they are: deluded creatures who cannot stop themselves from being deluded; so accommodate to that situation and learn, unfortunately, the art of concealment - at least of some matters. Most importantly, relate kindly because you are kind, but do not expect them to be able to be anything than they have hitherto been; have realistic expectations, in other words, about what they might plausibly think, feel or be planning against you.

But yeah, you always want to model sincerity, so that others can learn to trust one another. The Human brain loves nothing more than being around and living in the presence of trusted others. Unfortunately, political minds are not good at "trust" - they have it ingrained into the base-functioning of their brains to compete with other people and see in them competitors; unless, of course, if its "family"; people like this have a mafioso type hypocrisy about themselves: affirm we'ness between "blood" relations, and pretend that we'ness doesn't apply as a basic human relational principle, regardless of blood relation of not.
edit on 29-10-2016 by Astrocyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: crowdedskies

Not telling you to do anything now or ever... why? Because you already have freedom.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
Aggression arises from fear

The absolute most incorrect statement on this website.

Stillness arises from fear.

Your inaction disgusts God, not Satan. The latter being the one who has to sample your actions. Less work for him if you just die. The Holy Spirit is strictly offensive.

Negative is positive. Everything you know is wrong.
edit on 30-10-2016 by JuanDope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JuanDope

I wouldn't bow to either of those beings you hold in a higher or lower regard. Not concerned about what disgusts any being as that's their hangup and attachment.

God and satan are the same thing the polarity within oneself you'd rather pretend one side of you pats you on the head says it;s ok while the other half tortures you and tempts you to doing what you want to do anyway.

Quite a dishonest way to live pretending that those forces to do or not to do are existent outside of oneself... just because the concepts of them didn't originate within you but were taught to you you've chosen to hold them along with concepts of good and evil.

I know nothing just like socrates do you have any hemlock as some tea would be more lovely than hearing this sort of nonsense ad nauseum as it's gone on for thousands of years too long already... Rome trying to conquer the world stole the jewish monotheistic view using a fellow as a martyr to take over greece in furthering their empire.

Quite the legacy have fun with the make believe that just wanted to conquer and control using belief and stupidity to do it and still continues to do it.

The irony is all of such believing they are above animals stooping to even worse than animals how pathetic and pitiable at the same time, but since people do it to themselves enjoy the consequences of such actions as that is the reaping to all that sowing when it's the seeds of ignorance that keep getting planted.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Shouldn't enlightenment be about the over all accumulation of experience and knowledge of things when a certain plateau is broken then being associated with good all the time.

If it was only a tool for good, then why are the bad guys using or get instilled with it? Maybe all those mannerisms,balancing a book on the head, and being slow an steady their reason for success.

As for enlighten folk s and such, maybe they don't find the value ot the need for material things other then a shelter, compant, water or food. Even then they try to fight those needs not being reliant or valuing their self control over everything else. Or maybe they are just to inactive, to busy with grandeur, or worried about the when they go to the next dimension.

Too focused on death an such, where it should be the story of the journey not the destination should be most revlant

It like two apex predators ones on land, the other in water...they have no need to fight unless there both hungry and starved, when the meet in mutual grounds.

At the end of it all, karma can be acruel mistress for the active or passive that likes bitter sweet fruit when it most ripe.

edit on 10-11-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

People take in all of that knowledge and experience for castles already in the sky... so not only does such a thing dwell without but within...

Where was your dwelling before experience and knowledge of the world that was here and the knowledge of how to live in it and experience it as others poke and prod you to dwell in it?

Every sentient being seen and unseen has the same basic needs... what appears as a bum laying on the street could be a drunk with delusion and illusion viewing a king napping in his palace.

But no I trust appearances as appearances, sounds as sounds... because I learned what they are?

Ha, where did you learn such things and to trust the senses based on such knowledge?

So does grabbing someone else that was taught the same things and knowledge of sights and sounds validate the expreience?

Does two drunk people equal a sober one?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND
Why are the enlightened ones losing the war for planet earth? Is it because we are too passive and not aggressive enough?

I would say that anyone trying to win a war isn't enlightened.

But if aggression is the answer how many people should be attacked to prove to the world how enlightened you are?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

People take in all of that knowledge and experience for castles already in the sky... so not only does such a thing dwell without but within...

Where was your dwelling before experience and knowledge of the world that was here and the knowledge of how to live in it and experience it as others poke and prod you to dwell in it?

Every sentient being seen and unseen has the same basic needs... what appears as a bum laying on the street could be a drunk with delusion and illusion viewing a king napping in his palace.

But no I trust appearances as appearances, sounds as sounds... because I learned what they are?

Ha, where did you learn such things and to trust the senses based on such knowledge?

So does grabbing someone else that was taught the same things and knowledge of sights and sounds validate the expreience?

Does two drunk people equal a sober one?

My dwelling before the start was in my mothers womb, listening but not seeing what out side it, much like how the soul is resides in a body, and learning and experience just wheeled forward from there when I saw that light at the end of that canal.

But what I meant by the accumulation of knowledge and experience is taking everything one knows, and try to push forward past a limit or a barrier of understanding. It like that a saying I came across reading a book..." One who has eaten a mustard seed, has a much better understanding of it, then one seeing an elephant carry a wagon full of it."

Appearances are deceiving, but also very truthful at times. I can understand a person much better in person since body language is the other 90 percent of a conversation other then futile words. Which to me is a sum of articled knowledge with experience. Sounds are sounds which are easily fleeting, if a tree fall and no one around, does it still make a noise?

Also what the point of closing ones eyes if appearances really mattered at all in reality, maintaining a static posture, but yet actively listening, an feeling for a sound to happen.

Does me being quite, staying aware of my surrondings would make me aware and enlightened about reality being judge by others to be entitled to it, or does just self proclamations make it so?
edit on 11-11-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Lack aggression? Have you seen what happens when you share your opinion online? lol

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

If you have a view for enlightenment or an ear for it then speak what you see and hear...

A deaf man blindly stumbles and yet the cooks belly grumbles on.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

I ve seen enough things to no there is no point to it, i can even dare say that i met God, and it was my witneness, but I will tell one experience to appease your static curiosity, with my madman ramblings Monk.

Certain point in time years ago, at a certain point I saw something over come my sense of view. A white light that was moving, a tunnel that seemed to winding like a roll coaster. It faded as soon as I noticed it and dissappeared just how it.phased in.

Ah but why would a monk listen to thr mad ramblings of the town bum.

But enough about me, or me. Back to the thread, my main point is that enlightenment has nothing to with the idea of love..not one but. Sure one doesn't have to be a genius to know man wouldn't exist today if it wasn't for the feeling and acts of compassion an love, and only a proud fool wouldn't realize there strength in numbers.

But it still has nothing to do with it, if anything love could be a huge derailment in thr quest for that goal. But then being locked in a quiet temple all day from the wild animals, explains as much.
edit on 12-11-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

So you saw the face of death and didn't recognise it as your own? How is that white light of the bardo treating you having declared fealty not recognizing the face of Mara? As you offered your head in a duality that has twisted love like it belongs on a bread bag and wears ties weekly to prove it... yes spinning in the noose at the same rate makes the world go around in such numbers like so many other hungry ghosts feeding on concepts of no other but my brother.

So son of man how is your fathers face that squiggled through moments of desire wearing on you?

This is simply an admotion that you've stopped short and caught you own head in a bag and have decided to gather armies to be the next mara for one so silly to claim something you feel you have already won...

Speaking thusly is from love an empathy that accepts yes you had an ellaborate dream so much so reality has become a quest to pop oh so many infecutious bubbles no aware they are one's own as you saw GOD and not your origional face as you passed by the mirror on deaths door... still wearing the mask? Or just headless and headless riding a horse but really steedless and calling it steadfast?

Yes ignorance is just as stubborn as the roots one has planted after thinking the other ones have been uprooted and the goat munchs on higher and higher in the branches of that yggdrasil of a mind eating the fruit instead of you...

Oh well may the naga queen rest in your boughs as you raise them to fire into that mirror once again unseen.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Run back to your temple and lock your self in so you will not see, hear, or be to keep a sanitary mind. For they will be ruins.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I'm shaking in your house already

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I thought Buddhists hated Dragons and snakes. Your kind of beating around the bush with your defensive pose. Your snake style is strong...

But my koi/drag -on style stronger. We could do this all day and not accomplish a thing.

But throwing accusations of working with mara...you have surely lost your ground and footing in the thread. How child ish, accuser.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Assumption after assumption leads to more and more presumption... so you trust a house build on such sand?

Inspection fail even give you an opportunity to show compassion and you strike with venom puffing the self up like an adder.

If you want to be a naga king perhaps you should speak him about Vishnu having his daughter rubbing his feet raw in a constant repose trying to fream he's Brahma... pretty sure he's still not pleased with the union having been flattened out and ridden like a carpet amd he may grant you a boon.

So dragon? Ha try becoming the mountain before you even pretend to know why it's smoking. The only pearl of wisdom you're grasping reflects a mirror of your own transfixation.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I was thinking son of god...man sounds so small.

But to be frank with you
...your just flattering me. Did Marra teach you that.

Isn't buddha a snake king tho...I could make it a middle title.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Hey playing with yourself is optional if you want to come again...

the refractory period isn't that bad of a refinery I suggest no more than 5 times a day how many fingers you use to jiggle is up to you.

If you want a shot at the moon don't hide your sin so quickly in the shuffle.

Thats the run down.

If you want a cross don't play in traffic eh?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Wow you really are teased at enticing a little simian, and feeding the bloated glutton.

Wow. Been reading my browser history.

Anyways, your much lower then I thought for succumbING to my childish antics, an grasping nirvana.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

If you wanted revelation you should have grown more heads

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join