It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chili The Right Way!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
This time of year, when the coolness is in the air, we tend to make certain comfort foods more so than others, one of my favorite "comfort" foods to make is Chili, very spicy HOT Chili, with beans (I use 3, white, black and pinto) and my version has many different meats and peppers, too!

Get ready to make the very Best Chili you have ever had. Ingredients as follows:

You will need these items prepped first. When I make Chili I use a HUGE pot so I have leftovers to last awhile.

Onions - How ever many you want, I use sweet Vidalia (2) and I use a grater to prepare them.

Garlic - I like to take whole cloves and just drop them in, usually 3.

Peppers - Green, Red, Yellow, Jalapeños, Habanaro, Cayenne, Serranos and Sweet Chili.

These all get chopped fine and sauteed in olive oil before being used in the Chili.

The meats I use are varied sometimes, but this recipe will have 7.

Meats - Turkey Sausage, Italian Sausage, Ground Sirloin, Bacon, Veal, Ground Pork and Ground Chicken breast.

All of these get cooked well done with the onions and garlic, cooled off and then chopped chunky style.

Beans - I use 1 cup of each, White (Navy), Black and Pinto, all cooked in a pressure cooker first, together.

The base for the Chili is pureed Roma tomatoes and Beefsteak variety, 2 gallons of water, because my pot is HUGE! I need many tomatoes in my recipe because I prefer to make my own sauce rather than use the can crap.

I bring the base to a boil first, and then I add 6 eggs. I let them congeal with yolks intact first, then I throw the garlic cloves in, followed by the pepper concoction I have sauteed, I add a healthy portion of crushed black peppercorns here, then after about 20 minutes I add the meats.

I let this simmer for about 4 hours, stirring occasionally and lastly I add the cooked beans.

I have a lot of patience when I cook because I enjoy the making of a Masterpiece, a fine portrait that requires many steps to complete and the longer it simmers the better it is, another 2 hours under a low heat simmer will finish this just in time for Sunday Night Football watching MY BOYS kick the Eagles butts!

Bon Appetite!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
You forgot a bar of very dark chocolate melted in. You will thank me when you try it.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Thanks for sharing, i too always make my chilli from fresh and make my own sauce with chopped tomatoes and tubed puree.

But like TheKnightofDoom says, add dark chocolate to the sauce to give it a richer taste, it deffo makes a difference

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Don't forget cornbread! Gotta have it

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

You had me until the part about your 'boys. I think I'll go get a cheesesteak instead.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: RomaSempre

Oh, you mean a cheapsteak? Knock yourself out, we eat real steak in Texas!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Sorry, I prefer my chocolate in my mouth the old fashioned way!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: PeachesNCream

Oh well, I did not forget the cornbread, never, mine is a sweet jalapeno corn bread!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Love the dark chocolate chili. I only add beans when I'm making it as a request or side gig catering order. I love large chunks of meat. Beef, venison, elk, even rabbit. I make a little chili powder blend from ancho's, pisillas, and guijillos and other spices. Some deep marmite stock and some carrot add great flavor. Damn, I want some chili!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Sounds good, though time consuming..

Also, if you post a recipe..shouldn't you put the quantities of the ingredients?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

What's up with your crazy use of the eggs sir?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

pics or it didnt happen

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
You mean my wolf brand chili isn't good enough?

Well I never! /sarcasm

This chocolate bar trick I have to try.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
while i would eat your chili, i find it hard to believe you are texan cooking like that.

Eggs?

Where are the dried chiles?

Beans?

Eggs?!?!?

But you bailed it out totally with the jalapeno sweet cornbread. I like to fry 1 part corn, 1 part jalapeno, and 1 part onion until it starts to carmelize, then throw into the batter. Also, using cream of corn for your liquid makes it taste more corny than corn should taste. Great cornbread.

The 100% dark chocolate recommendation....sinful by a purists standards. But its a nice "secret" ingredient for sure. I also recommend using ancho's in the chili, since it pairs perfectly with the chocolate.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I got to try cornbread I don't think we have it over here. It sounds yummy.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
Love the dark chocolate chili. I only add beans when I'm making it as a request or side gig catering order. I love large chunks of meat. Beef, venison, elk, even rabbit. I make a little chili powder blend from ancho's, pisillas, and guijillos and other spices. Some deep marmite stock and some carrot add great flavor. Damn, I want some chili!

You know how to make chili.

You just rattled off my blend of chile's that I use in mine. And I throw in new mexico, and some chipotle (not the kind in adobo....dried chipotle)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Your Chili sounds very tempting.

But I think you have alittle longer that 2 hours til kickoff.

Today is Wenesday, October 26, 2016.

The game isn't until Sunday, October 30, 2016.

How could you let something that sounds so yummy sit in the fridge for 5 days before you dig into it.

Come on now. Break that Chili out and share. Now!

Oh wait.... I went and reread your post. Your gonna make on Sunday.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'm not in the bean camp, I'm a traditionalist (let the insults fly!). It's a stew, so a long and slow braise can only help builed the flavors. It's a Texas meat stew.

Tradition to a point. Add the chocolate seniors!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
You forgot a bar of very dark chocolate melted in. You will thank me when you try it.

Whaaaat!?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I also can't get past the eggs. Why eggs?

Also, I need a good recipe for chili with deer meat. Anybody?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join