It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 12

page: 157
<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Yay! You're joining our battle! We sure have missed you around here! So very nice to see you Hun! Loved your entry!!!!!

edit on 9-12-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I know how difficult things are for you right now Hun. Every day I keep praying and hoping for better things to come for you.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

(You're at the top of the page again...
)

Yup, I thought an army of gigantic sheep and goats might be kind of cool! Warning, though, I've never done any kind of collaborative writing so I'm a n00b at that part.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Shepherd! Nice to see you! So, did my efforts at bringing snow work?

For over a week I've encouraged a large, cold cloud system to form a spinning loop right over Minnesota, in the hope that you get some snow. Did it work?

edit on 9-12-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Page 5 (Shed 12) - The First Round (includes a link to all previous episodes)
Page 28 - Scars
Page 53 - Sparring
Page 56 - Blood
Page 57 - Char
Page 63 - Like Angels Singing
Page 68 - Hauerdred
Page 110 - Queen of the Jamael, part 1
Page 114 - Queen of the Jamael, part 2
Page 118 - Elder Poliara
Page 121 - Attending the Elder
Page 125 - Shame

Today's episode: In the Plaza

“What did she want with you?” Siere demanded.

They were walking back to the coach, Gaalen making sure his dark green cloak hid his kir. He looked away from her. “Nothing important.”

“You are a horrible liar. She must have said something. Tell me!”

Gaalen turned on her angrily. “Why? Are you going to Correct me again?” he hissed.

“What? I didn’t…” She stopped, grabbed his arm, and pushed his cloak aside. Her hand stopped halfway to her mouth, and her eyes were wide as she locked eyes with him.

Gaalen shook his head. “First you, then her. I’ve done nothing to be treated like this! I was trying to help you! I’ve had enough of you and your bloody Temple for one day.” With renewed fury, he snapped his cloak back around his shoulder and stalked out of the main doors of the Temple, back into Gerat Kuhjinoe. Turinen stood by the coach and his mount, reins in hand. He was talking quietly to the horse, gently running his hand down the animal’s neck. It nudged him affectionately and Gaalen caught the formal man grin. A moment later, though, Turinen caught sight of Gaalen and stood at attention, pink rising in his cheeks.

“Lord Captain. Seeress.”

“Take her where she wants to go, Turinen. Expect relief around Taen. Send word of where to meet your replacement detail one hour beforehand.”

“Yes, Lord Captain.”

Gaalen stalked off on foot down Port Road, toward the Bastion.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Hi swanne!
A little, but nothing significant. We've been getting light flurries for days, but it has been so little that it's not really accumulating - maybe a 1/4" on the ground.

There's supposed to be a storm showing up tomorrow afternoon, although I haven't read the forecast discussion for hours. They were saying 3-4" of snow across my section of Minnesota, and frigid temps afterward. Sounds like the highs on Tuesday and Wednesday won't get much above 0. Nothing like winter on the Prairie!

ETA: come to think of it, the NWS models were really confused a few days ago. The Euro model and the Canadian model both said tomorrow's storm would break south and MN would get very little snow, but the two American models were saying a big swath of 5-9". I wonder if you're atmospheric "persuasion" was messing with their computer sims. That would be awesome!
edit on 12-9-2016 by PrairieShepherd because: had a thought

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd

There's supposed to be a storm showing up tomorrow afternoon, although I haven't read the forecast discussion for hours. They were saying 3-4" of snow across my section of Minnesota, and frigid temps afterward.

Well, it was worth a try.

The loop of cold air has dissolved, the only possible source of precipitation I see coming your way is from straight west (not north), so I am not sure it'll bring you snow. I guess it depends on how cold your ground is locally.

ETA: come to think of it, the NWS models were really confused a few days ago. The Euro model and the Canadian model both said tomorrow's storm would break south and MN would get very little snow, but the two American models were saying a big swath of 5-9". I wonder if you're atmospheric "persuasion" was messing with their computer sims.

Sometime it does, actually. Remember when Hurricane Matthew was heading straight at New Jersey, and computer sims said it'd then loop back and hit Florida twice, creating even more damage? Well the following day, for "no apparent reason" (wink), Hurricane Matthew unexpectedly veered straight East, straight into the Atlantic (where it then dissolved), sparing New Jersey, defying computer sims and baffling meterologists.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Double post

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

The loop might have dissolved but there's all sorts of interesting stuff happening. What they're saying about the storm this morning is:

The thinking now is that a short wave will exit the northern
Rockies on Saturday and then deepen over the central and northern
Plains on Sunday. An area of surface low pressure will develop
over eastern Colorado on Saturday, move into the central Plains on
Sunday and reach the lower Great Lakes on Monday.

Snow will spread into western central and southwest MN by midday
Saturday and then reach into eastern MN and western WI during the
afternoon and evening. The snow then continues Saturday night and
Sunday as the surface low passes south of us. The snow would then
diminish from west to east Sunday night. FB pops were way too low
with likely to categorical pops used.

NWS Forecast Discussion

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Well, it kinda makes sense if I compare this to the satellite images. You'll be getting some precipitation, that's for sure. It's heading straight at you.

Btw I saw that you're well versed in JavaScript? It's a fun language to write in. I've almost succeeded in creating a system enabling you to make pictures on a page without the need for (img "url") tags. Now I'm using it to program chatbots.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Hello John and Shep! Nice entry again Shep!

Busy, but I keep trying to check in. Carry on.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

No hurry! I'm currently relaxing and daydreaming. Take your time!

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Awww, relaxing and daydreaming sounds good to me!

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Well, I wouldn't call myself an expert. I'd say I have a working knowledge of JS, HTML5 and CSS3. Our standard platforms have changed recently to HTML5/CSS3/JS for UI components, while we are still a Microsoft .NET shop mostly for the back end - C# & SQL Server mostly with some legacy systems/services in VB.NET.

No COBOL, thank heaven. Got enough of that when I was a support analyst.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

That's pretty neat. Looks to me like you've got some pretty solid skills, actually.

Do you have some experience with databases, as used in websites? I'm asking, because that's one of my blind spot.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I just reported that thing to the attorney general's office. So...yeah.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

The 5% - 95 % check scam thing? Good thing you did, I've ran into a similar scam in the past. Those are, unfortunately, incredibility popular.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I have a fair amount of skill with databases, yes. But not much experience with the typical web DB platforms like MySql, phpSql, and MongoDb. My expertise is mostly in SQL Server, which can be used behind web pages but it needs quite a bit more infrastructure.

Good deal, Skid. Keep those guys from preying on other people.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I'm trying to think up a way to send the content of a field into a simple online file. The file would update its content when I click a button, and the new content from the field would add to the content already there.

I can do that with JavaScript offline, with a text file in my drive. But I can't do the same with a file online. I hear php is required?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

What's your DB platform? When you say the content of a field, do you mean the entire DB column - all the values in that column of the table, or just that field for a specific row?

I think JS can connect to a DB, you just have to be pretty careful about security. You obviously don't want the DB accessible to the client, so you should code a server-side service that you can invoke from the client-side JavaScript that connects to your DB and loads whatever data you need.

top topics

<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join