It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PC Pandering GONE WILD: "Iron Man" is now 15 year old black 'Iron Teenage Girl'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Expanding one's market by appealing to minorities is the American Way. Remember, Superman was secretly Jewish.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

You have the gall to complain about "SJW stuff", yet are clutching pearls over a girl comic book character?

Oh, the irony!

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
LOL. I love how mere rational criticism of an example of overkill social engineering has not only been decried as racist, but also exclaimed as being special snowflake'esque outrage. Especially as this whole thing is overt pandering to the socially engineered hyper-sensitive Special Snowflake Generation.

edit on 25-10-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I remember the comics from my youth (1960's). As the decades come and go, so do genre's in comics. Not to pile on you, OP, but this is a different generation.

I stopped collecting in the 70's.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Oh, and the idea that 'Iron Man is white, so he had to go', well guess what: That is racist.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

You say it's pandering to the "hyper-sensitive Special Snowflake Generation". Yet you're the one whining & complaining about this non-issue because you apparently can't handle it.

That's what some of us are laughing at and/or calling you out for.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

This issue isn't that it's a new character, the issue is that the teenage little girl 'just had to' replace the Iron MAN character.

The black teenage girl angle only further drives home the reality that this is SJW overkill, before factoring in how Iron Man's sidekick Iron Patriot / War Machine was given his own series long ago (is my understanding).

Also interesting in our little case study so far is how by merely doing this piece I'm being labelled as fanboy "nerd", which by the way is both stereotyping and bigoted.

Carry on, and have a good day!

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

LOL. I love how mere rational criticism of an example of overkill social engineering has not only been decried as racist, but also as special snowflake'esque outrage.

It's not social engineering. It's a comic book series. That fact that you actually think this is a coordinated effort to "engineer" anything is definitely snowflake-y.

Especially as this whole thing is overt pandering to the socially engineered hyper-sensitive Special Snowflake Generation.

Wow...you just make things up, don't ya?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

All criticism isn't tantamount to OUTRAGE.

I criticized, and you guys are flipping out all over my arse.

Criticism met with cry bullying. Good show.

And I'm disappointed ES, I had thought you to be one of the moderates of the lot.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

This issue isn't that it's a new character, the issue is that the teenage little girl 'just had to' replace the Iron MAN character.

Who cares? It's a comic book series.

The black teenage girl angle only further drives home the reality that this is SJW overkill, before factoring in how Iron Man's sidekick Iron Patriot / War Machine was given his own series long ago (is my understanding).

No. It drives home the fact that for some reason, the sex/race of the character bothers you.

Also interesting in our little case study so far is how by merely doing this piece I'm being labelled as fanboy "nerd", which by the way is both stereotyping and bigoted.

Again, who cares? Being a fanboy nerd is just fine. Being a sensitive snowflake about it, is not fine.

Quite whining and move on.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
From how I understand it - the black girl is an MIT student and is quit capable of taking the mantle.
They are not morphing Tony Stark into a new universe where he is now a black girl.
He will still be very heavily involved in the storyline.
This will also just be a story arch - stories in order to continue must be infused with new anchors.
As the second comment in this thread stated - on a scale from 1 to "I'm voting for Trump" - how upset are you?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Oh that's right, by denying social engineering's existence, in this conversation you're an expert on the subject and we should all just go back to bed. And CNN is truth. And Santa Clause is real. Anything else?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

UGH! I seriously can't with these people anymore, the whining and the tears is beyond human tolerance. Something tells me they were either smacked too much or not enough... either way someone messed up somewhere!
edit on 10/25/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

You say it's pandering to the "hyper-sensitive Special Snowflake Generation". Yet you're the one whining & complaining about this non-issue because you apparently can't handle it.

That's what some of us are laughing at and/or calling you out for.

Ya. Just seeing the title kind of took the wind out of my sails this morning. That a person, any person could get upset over a comic book. If the human race is truly becoming, or has in this case become this superficial, then we are indeed, doomed. Idiocracy, here we come.

OP, find a handicapped neighbor, or a broke one, and go rake their leaves. Go walk the dogs at the animal shelter.
Bake some cookies and take them to a nursing home. For God sakes man, get a grip on reality.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

So - wait - is your take on this that by having a black girl be Iron Man for what will be a limited run story arch - that TPTB are trying to psychologically attack you?

Do you think you're turning into a black girl? Serious question.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
OP you'd better not watch Luke Cage

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Oh that's right, by denying social engineering's existence, in this conversation you're an expert on the subject and we should all just go back to bed. And CNN is truth. And Santa Clause is real.

I did not deny the existence of social engineering. I said this case in particular is not SE.

Anything else?

Yes. Not everything is a nefarious SJW plot to socially engineer people.

Get a grip.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tsubaki
OP you'd better not watch Luke Cage

Why not?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

But Iron MAN still exists. Again you are neglecting the fact that Dr. Doom will be Iron Man too.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I dont know what article you read, but the one I cited explains it as him being replaced by 'teenage girl that nobody had better not mention what race she is or else'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join