It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore gives pro Trump speech and nails it.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh

Have I just crossed into an alternate universe?

Here we have none other than Michael Moore giving a speech (audio only) and he gets it. I'll be damned, he freaking gets it.

He talks about the factory jobs in Ohio and Michigan, and that he thinks Trump is the only one capable of helping people rebuild what has been torn down around them for decades.

Can't believe I'm recommending giving this dude a listen, but there you have it.

This is more shocking than TWD premier.

Warning: explicit language.

No, he didn't say that Trump could or would help anyone, or do anything that he says (and he says a lot of different things) but only that because it's their right to vote against the system they blame for their problems, to vote for Trump as a great big F U, even if it means throwing the whole thing in the can just to get to toss that lit fire bomb at some faceless and nameless system.

Strangely, what Trump has going for him is how many people just loathe him, which only adds to Joe Blows sense of satisfaction, to watch the bleeding heart liberals pull their hair out.

But what you fail to see, if you'd take your blinders off, is what an absolute disaster Trump would almost surely be for America. He's a one man wrecking ball not against the system which he would kowtow to, no doubt (just look at the way he was with the Mexican President), but against the American heart and soul.

It's not the right tone for America.

And what would Trump do with an ISIS attack, eh?

Think police state.

The man has dictator written all over everything that he says and does, but to hell with it all if you get to give a nameless "system" the finger, or think that you do.

Donald Trump concerns me greatly, and oh don't you love it.

It's an aimless, mindless support born of anger and outrage, with Donald Trump himself, the man, as the solution.

You don't see it. You're blind.

It's not the beginning of a solution, or a plan.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't comparing the two votes on a policy level. I was comparing them as an exercise in telling TPTB to f*ck off.

I was a reluctant remain voter: I didn't want to give David Cameron any comfort. Like the last few elections, it was a question of the least shiite choice.

EIther way, what we have now is a mess. At best, we will have all the disadvantages of the EU, only in our own government and in shady bodies like the WTO, and none of the safeguards. At worst, we will have the Tory wolves tearing into our nation in a desperate rearguard action before they lose their majority and find themselves trapped in a lame duck parliament until 2020.

If the yanks vote for Trump, they won't be as far up shiite creek as we are but it will still be the worst of two shiite choices.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

Unless something drastically changes and whole swaths of people suddenly decide to go with Trump, then there's no real concern.

It would be better though if the Americans were to make a statement and just repudiate Trump and look forward to something more like the 90's. P.S. I'm Canadian.

The US economy is still the engine of the global economy, or a very big part of it, so I think that a Clinton Administration will be better for the Brits, than a more nationalist, protectionist "America first" Trump Admin.

I think that the UK did the right thing by voting to get out of the EU, to assert their own autonomy and get out from under the EU bureaucrats.

This isn't the same thing at all, however.

There's no indication at this point, with less than 2 weeks to go, that whole swaths of the population are about to defy the polls, God willing (touch wood).

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Michael Moore has been talking and making books and movies about the jobs being lost overseas for a long time now. It's only instinct for him to call upon that to grasp the Trump movement and explain it.

More here:
michaelmoore.com - 5 Reasons Why Trump Will Win...

I don't pretend to know why Trump was the Republican nominee or why he might win the presidency. I just believe many of us are group-thinkers and this two party system works against itself if the candidates are bad.
edit on 10/26/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
On the tear shed scale.. TWD premiere had me at 9.
This had me at 0 because i was so shocked.
MM actually did verbally paint a picture which canvasses a thought vein alot of people want to mine..

Surprise is my color @ the moment.

B

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I dismissed this until I heard the audio on the radio this morning.

Sweet bacon luvin' Mohammed that could be turned into a freakin' campaign commercial! Add a little patriotic music into the background and let loose!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Here we have none other than Michael Moore giving a speech (audio only) and he gets it. I'll be damned, he freaking gets it.

He talks about the factory jobs in Ohio and Michigan, and that he thinks Trump is the only one capable of helping people rebuild what has been torn down around them for decades.

Can't believe I'm recommending giving this dude a listen, but there you have it.

Actually... it was a set-up to the rest of his remarks... in which he states a Trump POTUS win would be disastrous to America.

This is from the recent MM film, "Michael Moore in Trumpland"... and yes, he DID nail it... but he didn't end where this audio ends.

Great little snippit... but still, let's be clear about one thing...

F**k Michael Moore...

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

I never realize that a left elitist would actually get it. Strange.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
People say this is taken out of context because there is a big "BUT" after, but this snippet reflects accurately on the mood of many middle class Americans, and it is without doubt true, what follows the but is just speculative opinion by Moore, the fact is nobody knows how good or bad Trump would be as President. He could turn out as the worst President ever, or the best and shock the world and 50% of Americans, nobody knows what he will do if he actually wins.

His opinions kind of shift like the sands, but he has been consistent on making sure America has good trade deals going back to that 1988 interview. That is the one thing I think he will make good on because he has been talking about that for like 40 years. It is core belief of his, that hasn't changed.

A democrat liberal anarchist living in Michigan that watches this video just might be motivated to vote for Trump, just because of what he says in this clip.

And Trump is also making an interesting appeal to those same people,"Help Me Beat This Rigged System", he is saying it over and over again.
Trump is saying the system is rigged against Americans right now at all levels and he want to change that, and many wants to help him with there vote on election day.
edit on 26-10-2016 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Michael Moore supports Trump? I think Im living in an alternative universe, who would have thought!

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: dasman888

Actually... it was a set-up to the rest of his remarks... in which he states a Trump POTUS win would be disastrous to America.

This is from the recent MM film, "Michael Moore in Trumpland"... and yes, he DID nail it... but he didn't end where this audio ends.

Great little snippit... but still, let's be clear about one thing...

F**k Michael Moore...

Good to know. I was feeling dirty actually appreciating that slug.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join