It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks will release a statement about Assange tomorrow (24th October)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   

We will release a statement tomorrow about Assange. Our editor is safe and still in full command despite reduced communications with staff.

twitter.com...

if all is well, why the statement?

could it be that the left side spreads the rumours about Assange and wikileaks to divert attention from the leaks, and they got f...... tired of it?

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I'll only believe it when I see a photo of Assange holding a copy of today's newspaper.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
It's probably a statement about the passing of Gavin MacFadyen

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fisherr
It's probably a statement about the passing of Gavin MacFadyen

it's a statement ABOUT Assange, not FROM.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Pretty sure Assange is gone.
The latest leaks have been telling but no groundbreaking things.

Now the death of the founder, the fact Wikileaks has taken such a passive stance towards his death is also very telling.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I have doubts They would whack him before the elections over, as once it got out it'd take the world by storm given the timing and such and such. It'd bring it all back to the emails; give credence to.

They'll have until January to 86 him.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Belgianbeer
Pretty sure Assange is gone.
The latest leaks have been telling but no groundbreaking things.

Now the death of the founder, the fact Wikileaks has taken such a passive stance towards his death is also very telling.

got any proof? if not, at least wait until tomorrow before repeating the same rumours again.

also, what should they do? throw a temper tantrum and start a riot over a conspiracy theory, pissing all over the death of their friend?
edit on 23/10/2016 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

He may be preparing to hand himself in , the situation is having an effect on his health plus the Ecuadorian embassy can't house him forever.

Free Assange !

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
I have doubts They would whack him before the elections over, as once it got out it'd take the world by storm given the timing and such and such. It'd bring it all back to the emails; give credence to.

it makes no sense to kill him, he would become a martyr. not even mentioning the dead man's switch that would blow up in their faces.

no. he's pretty much untouchable for them. what they can do though, and are constantly trying to do, is to discredit both him and wikileaks. all that rumours about Assange being dead, wikileaks taken over, it all looks exactly like such attempt.

something does smell about it though and i think the truth may be somewhere in the middle - Assange being detained in the embassy. still, if we're wrong, that means Hillary's minions were really damn successfull. we have to wait until the statement, it's time for wikileaks to clear up this mess.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

He may be preparing to hand himself in , the situation is having an effect on his health plus the Ecuadorian embassy can't house him forever.

Free Assange !

of course they can.

also, unless his condition is really bad (doubt it), a doctor visiting him should be enough. people can send him any goods as well. it's all a matter of cash, and wikileaks has cash, make no mistake about it.

and Ecuador cannot intervene too much, in fact it's possible they did cross the line already and that's what this statement will be about. remember those 3 hash codes posted on twitter by wikileaks? it was a warning. Ecuador is their hostage, and while Ecuadorian president supports Hillary, they have their hands tied, otherwise they would boot Assange long time ago.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

it makes no sense to kill him, he would become a martyr. not even mentioning the dead man's switch that would blow up in their faces.

no. he's pretty much untouchable for them. what they can do though, and are constantly trying to do, is to discredit both him and wikileaks. all that rumours about Assange being dead, wikileaks taken over, it all looks exactly like such attempt.

something does smell about it though and i think the truth may be somewhere in the middle - Assange being detained in the embassy. still, if we're wrong, that means Hillary's minions were really damn successfull. we have to wait until the statement, it's time for wikileaks to clear up this mess.

The big hole in this theory is the notion they have to kill him.
As I have said before, we the public only know Assange, we have no clue who his allies/partners are.
For all we know they might have all been killed already and no one would ever know.

For all we know, Assange is the last man standing. And the wikileaks handler we have now is just a CIA handler.
If I was in an agency, I would keep on leaking ( small, trivial stuff ( which pretty much is happening )) until the elections are over. and then quiet down.

The worst possible outcome for them would be to do sudden things.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

of course they can.
also, unless his condition is really bad (doubt it), a doctor visiting him should be enough. people can send him any goods as well. it's all a matter of cash, and wikileaks has cash, make no mistake about it.

He's been under house arrest for 4 years now , that will take a toll on anybody's mental and physical health , it's all very well for you to say it's all a matter of cash but you have your freedom , you can go outside.

The statute on the remaining allegations he faces don't run out until 2020 , I doubt he would want his current imprisonment to continue for that long and the Ecuadorians are no doubt under pressure to resolve the matter.

edit on 23-10-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Belgianbeer
As I have said before, we the public only know Assange, we have no clue who his allies/partners are.

that's a lie.

google for wikileaks advisory board for example, or just check contact info on wikileaks website.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

of course they can.

He's been under house arrest for 4 years now , that will take a toll on anybody's mental and physical health , it's all very well for you to say it's all a matter of cash but you have your freedom , you can go outside.

The statute on the remaining allegations he faces don't run out until 2020 , I doubt he would want his current imprisonment to continue for that long and the Ecuadorians are no doubt under pressure to resolve the matter.

Ecuadorians can't do squat if they're being blackmailed by wikileaks.

as for Assange, he has no choice. if you can live in a bunker for years though, you can as well live in an embassy. it's a matter of exercise and proper nutrition, some equipment perhaps, nothing the money can't buy.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   

What ?

as for Assange, he has no choice.

He does have a choice , he can either rot in the Ecuadorian embassy for the next 4 years or he can hand himself in and see what fate has in store for him , given the choice I'd choose the latter.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I have been under a rock the last 9 days with bugger all Internet access so just getting up to speed...

Personally I would not be surprised if he was to have taken his own life.. Being in his situation must take a massive toll mentally and no doubt he has a strong mind but even with that people can be suspect able to losing control..

I hope I am wrong but being in his situation is like a life constantly on remand..

RA
edit on 23-10-2016 by slider1982 because: Sp

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

What ?

did you read what i've said? doesn't seem so.

pre-commitment 2: Ecuador
eae5c9b064ed649ba468f0800abf8b56ae5cfe355b93b1ce90a1b92a48a9ab72

twitter.com...

a hash of a file containing some unreleased info about Ecuador. a warning.

as for Assange, he has no choice.

He does have a choice , he can either rot in the Ecuadorian embassy for the next 4 years or he can hand himself in and see what fate has in store for him , given the choice I'd choose the latter.

that would be possibly the most stupid thing he could do. he can either live a better life than many people these days for the next 4 years in the embassy, or rot in Guantanamo/any other prison.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

The "storm" you speak of is an restricted, mostly self-contained storm on the internet. The average American and fewer others are not going to care much about whether he is alive or dead. And most of them will probably say "good riddance."

Assange is the Robin Hood of Information (my tag). A determined, self-made hero? I have a problem with that, can't that also be said about others that have risen among us but whom we despise vehemently? It will be a long time, if forever, before his proper place in history is determined whether he is dead at this instant or that comes later.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
It seems every day a new statement is going to be published, but never is. It's all a bit of an anti-climax.

Is Assange going to give himself up so he can be extradited to face his accusers in Sweden? It seems even Ecuador are feeling he's overstayed his welcome, what with cutting his internet, and all that.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
It seems every day a new statement is going to be published, but never is. It's all a bit of an anti-climax.

Is Assange going to give himself up so he can be extradited to face his accusers in Sweden? It seems even Ecuador are feeling he's overstayed his welcome, what with cutting his internet, and all that.

do your research. they've actually claimed it's the other way around - that they will continue to support him. the fact they've limited his communications has everything to do with presidential election in the US, and Kerry talking to Ecuador. what exact steps did they take at the embassy though - i guess we'll find out tomorrow.

really, just read the thread, it's a single page.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join