It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Wikileaks will release a statement about Assange tomorrow (24th October)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Ecuador won't house him much longer if they continue to publish leaks against HRC.

Their economy depends on her....

The ruling regime, which has a tense relationship with the US, absolutely opposes the election of Trump. If the Wikileaks revelations were designed to help Trump – possibly at the behest of the Russian government – Ecuador has a problem. For reasons of realpolitik, Ecuador wants nothing bad to happen that would worsen its relationship with the US. Ecuador Needs Trade The DDoS attack was the response by the hacker community.And this is because of declining commodity prices, particularly oil. The Ecuadorian economy is faltering badly. The government looks to a better trading relationship with the US as a way out. That is far more likely to happen under Clinton than Trump. Ecuador’s actions against Assange were a message to Wikileaks: stop releasing unflattering information on the candidate who stands the best chance of improving relations with the US.
fee.org... man+(Foundation+for+Economic+Education+-+The+Freeman+Latest+Articles)

It's my opinion tptb are "allowing" Assange to remain in Ecuador. If they wanted him, they'd have him so he must be doing something right according to their plan.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ

Ecuador won't house him much longer if they continue to publish leaks against HRC.

Their economy depends on her....

The ruling regime, which has a tense relationship with the US, absolutely opposes the election of Trump. If the Wikileaks revelations were designed to help Trump – possibly at the behest of the Russian government – Ecuador has a problem. For reasons of realpolitik, Ecuador wants nothing bad to happen that would worsen its relationship with the US. Ecuador Needs Trade The DDoS attack was the response by the hacker community.And this is because of declining commodity prices, particularly oil. The Ecuadorian economy is faltering badly. The government looks to a better trading relationship with the US as a way out. That is far more likely to happen under Clinton than Trump. Ecuador’s actions against Assange were a message to Wikileaks: stop releasing unflattering information on the candidate who stands the best chance of improving relations with the US.
fee.org... man+(Foundation+for+Economic+Education+-+The+Freeman+Latest+Articles)

It's my opinion tptb are "allowing" Assange to remain in Ecuador. If they wanted him, they'd have him so he must be doing something right according to their plan.

not to go Trump vs Hillary route here, but i think Trump should have nothing against trading with Ecuador. heck, he'll have nothing against trading with anyone, as long as USA gains something. unless you're implying that Clinton promised Ecuador a deal that will be damaging to the US - but if that's what they want, that's their problem.

as for their embassy, it's complicated. they don't want him there, that's obvious. Kerry pushed them to stop Assange, that's also obvious. wikileaks works just fine though, and there's nothing they can do about it. even more, wikileaks seems to have something far more damaging to them than poor economy, something that will be released (hash code of a file on twitter) if they won't cooperate, at least to a degree, otherwise they would throw Assange under the bus already.

as for tptb, there isn't much they can do about him, imho. making him a martyr would be pointless, and risking his dead man's switch being triggered - suicidal.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster
do your research. (and)
really, just read the thread, it's a single page.

I have and I did. Does not change what I said. Over the last month Wikileaks has repeatedly announced an impending announcement that has not happened.

Ecuador have curtailed Assange's internet to prevent its premises being used for political reasons linked with the US elections.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: jedi_hamster
do your research. (and)
really, just read the thread, it's a single page.

I have and I did. Does not change what I said. Over the last month Wikileaks has repeatedly announced an impending announcement that has not happened.

Ecuador have curtailed Assange's internet to prevent its premises being used for political reasons linked with the US elections.

they've said that they'll release a statement about Assange tomorrow. if you have links to their tweets confirming that they did exactly the same thing before (announcing a statement with a date) and didn't keep their end of the bargain, post those links.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

It's been reported on ATS over the last few weeks, this announcement, of an announcement, of an announcement. Best you go to your favourite search engine and have a gander, but here's a quickie... I am not a Twitter-type person as it's all too superficial for me.

- 4th October - LIVE: 'Hillary is done' Warning for Clinton as Julian Assange to make major announcement

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Your link is for a Sunday Express article. It is not an announcement from Wikileaks or Julian Assange. You need to post an announcement that fell through from either wikileaks or Assange. You don't let members here get away with such things. Try a little less hypocrisy.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Oh, that's not very nice and also unnecessary to insult me. However, I refer you to several ATS posts on the impending announcements by Wikileaks that have not happened. If you use the search facility on this very site and you will find them.

The article I posted was just one of many that reported an announcement at the beginning of October that never happened.

It seems that if your tolerance level of "proof" is Twitter, where posts can be removed, then we'll not get very far will we?

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I have not seen one announcement directly from wikileaks or Julian Assange that was not followed through with. ATS is full of hyperbole. You accused wikileaks of not following through. I'm asking for the proof.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Haven't seen JL deviate from what he states via tweet. No broken promises. No missed deadlines. His tweets come across to me without sensationalism. Have seen an abundance of embellishment and faulty inference in published reports/news/etc.

When asked about the dumps and HRC, he said (paraphrased) he thought it was important for Americans to see or know. Did he ever say it was a game changer? We may despise what we see behind the curtain but are we learning about anything illegal, or is it just difficult for us to stomach?

Maybe this fervent digging is a boondoggle, and it was all deliberately planted/planned so HRC wouldn't be Petreus'cized after the election. Once all the ugly is revealed, who has leverage?

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: EightAhoy
Haven't seen JL deviate from what he states via tweet. No broken promises. No missed deadlines. His tweets come across to me without sensationalism. Have seen an abundance of embellishment and faulty inference in published reports/news/etc.

When asked about the dumps and HRC, he said (paraphrased) he thought it was important for Americans to see or know. Did he ever say it was a game changer? We may despise what we see behind the curtain but are we learning about anything illegal, or is it just difficult for us to stomach?

Maybe this fervent digging is a boondoggle, and it was all deliberately planted/planned so HRC wouldn't be Petreus'cized after the election. Once all the ugly is revealed, who has leverage?

that's something to consider.

still, we're talking about Hillary. she won't be able to stop herself from doing more ugly.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
There was a video posted here a couple of times in the last days. It was a press conference - Assange on the balcony of the embassy. It was very recent, because he thanks people for coming to his defense at the embassy on the night the police stormed the place.

I can't find it right now. But it showed he is alive.

I wonder if this statement might be regarding Ecuador ending his asylum. They are under tremendous pressure from the US.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
There was a video posted here a couple of times in the last days. It was a press conference - Assange on the balcony of the embassy. It was very recent, because he thanks people for coming to his defense at the embassy on the night the police stormed the place.

I can't find it right now. But it showed he is alive.

I wonder if this statement might be regarding Ecuador ending his asylum. They are under tremendous pressure from the US.

It's from 2012

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

I think that is very mistaken about Ecuador preferring Clinton. They despised her treatment of Ecuador as Secretary of State. She would be the last person they would want in the White House because the Clintons (both) and the Obama administration have treated Ecuador like a satrapy or occupied territory.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: EightAhoy

Yeah, it's been LOL. People watch Alex Jones, get lied to, and then get mad at WikiLeaks because Alex Jones lied to them.

You can't win with the alt-right and conspiracy nuts no matter what you do. That's one potential reason why WikiLeaks is just ignoring them.
edit on 10/23/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

as pointed out, that video was old. as for his asylum, well. i wouldn't put it past them, but i think they're in a difficult situation because of the information wikileaks has on them. perhaps they've made a deal with Assange and he'll leave the embassy but they will smuggle him somewhere else. we'll see.

a reply to: Kapriti

actually, Ecuadorian president said he supports Hillary. maybe they've pushed him, maybe they've paid him, but that's what he said.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Er, they have not followed through. That's the point. We'll see if this next announcement comes to pass.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Wikileaks has not followed through with what the rag news organizations (click bait) are announcing. They have and will continue to follow through with what THEY, WIKILEAKS announces.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I don't believe Wikileaks is in control of their account anymore, I don't believe Assange is in control of his account anymore and I don't believe anything else that's supposedly going on with this situation. I think the US Gov has taken over all of it. I think they are releasing the statements, I think they are releasing the leaks. And I think they are even the ones doing the hacking that is being blamed on Russia. I also thing they were the ones responsible for the hacks the other day.

I don't know if he is alive or not but a "statement" that's is supposed to be from Wikileaks doesn't qualify as proof to me at this point with all that has gone on. The leaks magically seem to always be released at the best possible time for the US Gov and HRC. Noone knows about them or cares. They got to him, they got to Wikileaks and drastically altered what was supposed to happen.
edit on 23-10-2016 by awhispersecho because: because edit

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I know that "statements" will not satisfy anyone. In order to reassure supporters (and infuriate detractors) Wikileaks need to present a live feed with Assange interacting and conversing with a variety of persons outside of the Ecuadorian Embassy.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: awhispersecho
I don't believe Wikileaks is in control of their account anymore, I don't believe Assange is in control of his account anymore and I don't believe anything else that's supposedly going on with this situation. I think the US Gov has taken over all of it. I think they are releasing the statements, I think they are releasing the leaks. And I think they are even the ones doing the hacking that is being blamed on Russia. I also thing they were the ones responsible for the hacks the other day.

I don't know if he is alive or not but a "statement" that's is supposed to be from Wikileaks doesn't qualify as proof to me at this point with all that has gone on. The leaks magically seem to always be released at the best possible time for the US Gov and HRC. Noone knows about them or cares. They got to him, they got to Wikileaks and drastically altered what was supposed to happen.

and i believe you're a paid CTR shill.

i hope you'll find the door.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join