It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Greenwald interview with CBC.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Glenn Greenwald interview with CBC.

What is the big difference between Snowden and Assange? Well, Glenn Greenwald lays it out in an interview with CBC’s Diana Swain.

Two people at the heart of the most earth-shattering leaks of stolen data in the past few years are at odds about how those troves of documents should be handled in public.
"You'd have to be a sociopath to think that we ought to just take all of this material and dump it all on the internet without regard to the impact that it will have for innocent people," says Glenn Greenwald, the journalist who first reported on the massive document leak provided to him by former U.S. National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden. The documents revealed the American government was listening in on its own citizens, in contravention of its laws.

Full interview available here

This includes a video and I must apologize for the stupid ads you will need to wait through before you get to Glenn and Diana.

So… was Snowden ethical and Assange a sociopath (with no conscience) in his Wikileaks email dumps?

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

So… was Snowden ethical and Assange a sociopath (with no conscience) in his Wikileaks email dumps?

I don't think so. He runs a platform for leaks. If and when it does prove these leaks do have a negative impact on innocent people, we can judge by the result. It could also have the opposite effect: a positive effect on the innocent, and could have a negative impact on the guilty.
edit on 22-10-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I have no problem with negative influences on the guilty, but as Glenn pointed out, Assange didn't seem to care about harming innocent people in his data dumps.

I have no knowledge of what is in the Wikileaks dumps, but I think Glenn Greenwald might have a clue.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

The only innocent people that are in danger of being harmed or killed by these documents are the ones releasing them.

Hell,hilary already asked if we could just drone Assange.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

"a negative impact on the guilty"

I think that is the true fear of the op.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

The article leads off calling Assange a sociopath. The video calls anyone supporting the leaks sociopaths.

No. Just no.

Exposing corruption is a good thing. Snowden exposed unchecked surveillance, great. WL is exposing unchecked corruption, great. Both are issues that need exposing. It's for the greater good. And I agree with LesMisanthrope. So far I haven't seen anybody truly innocent affected yet.

According to my doctor I'm not a sociopath. Screw that guy.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

I agree.

I mean-it's not like telling the world on live tv how long it takes for U.S. nuke response time....oh wait...

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
You can't un-ring the Wikileaks Bell.

If you don't break our Nations laws...

A guy holed up in a London Embassy doesn't frighten you.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Picklesneeze

"a negative impact on the guilty"

I think that is the true fear of the op.

You think I like Hillary?

I don't like ANY of those 4 . They seem like evil characters out of a DC Comics movie.

No... I'm asking if Assange is a psychopath, like Greenwald stated.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

If I recall the some of the leaks, apparently Assange leaked Intel with names of people helping the US overseas...

That is careless. There are plenty of indications that Assange maybe a socialpath, at least that is what I gathered from documentaries and such.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

You can read his Psychosocial Medical Report @ file....__._/file/cms/Psychosocial%20Medical%20Report%20December%202015.pdf and find out what his doctor has to say about his state of mind.

The leaky place.
edit on 22-10-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: changed link

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents
WL is exposing unchecked corruption, great. Both are issues that need exposing. It's for the greater good. And I agree with LesMisanthrope. So far I haven't seen anybody truly innocent affected yet.

Oh really?

WikiLeaks has exposed the personal data on hundreds of ordinary citizens, including rape victims, sick children, and the mentally ill, according to a report published today by the Associated Press.

A trove of diplomatic cables from Saudi Arabia's Foreign Ministry, first published last year, includes at least 124 medical files, according to the AP, including those belonging to mentally ill patients, children, and refugees. Transparency activist Paul Dietrich tells the AP that he uncovered more than 500 passports, employment files, and academic records after conducting a partial scan of the Saudi cables.

The organization also named teenage rape victims in two different cases, and published the name of a Saudi citizen who had been arrested for being gay — an offense punishable by death under Saudi law. Other files on Saudi marriages, divorces, and custody battles contained information on people who married women with sexually transmitted diseases, personal debt histories, and other sensitive data.

edit on 22-10-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

If innocent people end up being harmed in one way or another, I think we can pass judgement. but it would be nice to see which innocent people were harmed, how they were harmed, and to what extent before we pass that judgement.

You should take a peak into those leaks. Very illuminating. We can witness the inner-workings of a political machine he'll-bent on power and public relations, not political principle and transparency.

top topics

join