It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks - Assange Still Alive - Asks Supporters to "Stop Taking Down Internet"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

He hasn't "chosen sides". He embarasses the currupt power structure wherever and however he finds it!

Did you forget what happened when the republicans were last in power in the white house?

But now that the democrats are in power and hes embarassing them, now all the sudden hes "chosen sides"? Rediculous.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob
Within the last two weeks, we've heard Obama talking about the need to crack down on the "wild west" of the internet. Suddenly, the US suffers an attack on its internet structure sufficient for even the average guy in the street to notice.

Shall we start a countdown for the "Internet Protection Act" that gives the government more tools to "protect" everyone from those "evil hackers"? Oh, and the malcontents (clearly internet terrorists!) who visit dodgy anti-government hate websites like... Wikileaks. Or Drudge. Or ATS.

Spot on.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Try cutting his internet connexion and seizing his mobile phones and all wifi devices ...

I am now certain that the insurance files have not dropped because WikiLeaks are trying to confirm whether or not he is alive. If he is alive and the insurance files drop, then he is a dead man.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

He hasn't "chosen sides". He embarasses the currupt power structure wherever and however he finds it!

Did you forget what happened when the republicans were last in power in the white house?

But now that the democrats are in power and hes embarassing them, now all the sudden hes "chosen sides"? Rediculous.

Yada, yada, yada

Apparently only the DNC is running in this presidential election.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

The widespread disruption experienced across the internet on Friday was likely caused by hackers who launched a massive attack with web cameras and other smart devices, experts said. Hackers blocked or slowed access to sites like Twitter, Reddit, Netflix, Airbnb and Spotify by targeting a company that manages a large flow of internet traffic. The company, Dyn, fell victim to a wave of distributed-denial-of-service attacks, or DDoS, that disrupted service beginning around 7 a.m. Eastern.

Dyn Chief Strategy Officer Kyle York said the attack came from “tens of millions” of devices that were infected with malware called Mirai. The New York Times reported that web cameras and home routers were among hundreds of thousands of devices used in the attack without their owners’ awareness. Refrigerators, DVRs and other machines making up the so-called Internet of Things could have been used in the attack as well, according to Popular Mechanics. They are potentially vulnerable to hackers because consumers are less likely to protect these smart appliances with strong passwords, according to the magazine’s website.

Anonymous and New World Friday, two hacktivist groups, claimed responsibility for the attack on Friday, according to Politico. The groups said the assault was in retaliation for the shutdown of WikiLeaks founder Julia Assange’s internet access in Ecuador. Security experts told Politico, however, that the true culprit has yet to be confirmed.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The hackers used our own devices to work for them.

Wow, just can't believe how they can hack your refrigerator. I get it, but it's just so odd

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapriti
a reply to: Noncents

My money is on the NSA.

cui bono?

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Speculation:

But very possible speculation

It seems their programming us for a 911 level-cyber attack that will cause devastation to the infrastructure to such an extent equivalent to 911 under Hillary’s regime

And guess who will get the blame

That’s right

RUSSIA!

Time

Willtell

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

During the 2008 election, I guess ONLY republicans were running for office, since the only thing published by wikileaks during that time relating to candidtates was the Sarah Palin emails...

Unless you count the leaks in late 2007 of the Standard Operating Procedures of Camp Delta, which revealed that detainees at Guantanamo were denied access to the International Committee of the Red Cross, something repeatedly denied in the past by US military officials... That was during a time when the white house was run by a republican administration, so that sure didn't look good for them...

And, lets see... In the leadup to the 2012 election, no specific candidate or party was targeted by wikileaks...
However, there was the Guantanimo Bay leak, revealing that many of the detainees were "not dangerous" yet served uears nonetheless. Information was released on most of the detainees interred since it opened in 2002. I think most people will always associate Guantanimo with George W Bushs administration, which was in fact in charge of the place from 2002 to 2008, so, theres 6 years of embarassment for the republicans, but, strangely, going against previous campaign promises, the democrats continued the same operating procedures and to this day have failed in Obama's promise to shut it down, although finally, in 2016, began releasing and transporting some detainees. So there is also 8 years of embarrassment against the dems, depending on how you want to look at it.

In summary, it seems as though "power corrupts...", and those in power, have the privilege of participating in the more devastating scandals and atrocities. Wikileaks was only created in 2006, and so only had 2 years to compile damning information whike Bush was still inthe White House, although some pretty terrible leaks against that administration occurred after Obamas 2008 inaugeration. Sadly, it was too late to do much damage, although the last 8 years of democratic presidency could be evidence that those leaks may have had an effect in the minds of Americans at least during the 2012 election.

The dems have had the "power" for the last 8 years, so it is possible that they have been corrupted by it and this is why we are hearing more leaks about them during this election.

I, too, am a fan of the quote you posted about absolute power. Let us look through the lens of that quote at all parties involved, equally

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   

During the 2008 election, I guess ONLY republicans were running for office, since the only thing published by wikileaks during that time relating to candidtates was the Sarah Palin emails...

Unless you count the leaks in late 2007 of the Standard Operating Procedures of Camp Delta, which revealed that detainees at Guantanamo were denied access to the International Committee of the Red Cross, something repeatedly denied in the past by US military officials... That was during a time when the white house was run by a republican administration, so that sure didn't look good for them...

And, lets see... In the leadup to the 2012 election, no specific candidate or party was targeted by wikileaks...
However, there was the Guantanimo Bay leak, revealing that many of the detainees were "not dangerous" yet served uears nonetheless. Information was released on most of the detainees interred since it opened in 2002. I think most people will always associate Guantanimo with George W Bushs administration, which was in fact in charge of the place from 2002 to 2008, so, theres 6 years of embarassment for the republicans, but, strangely, going against previous campaign promises, the democrats continued the same operating procedures and to this day have failed in Obama's promise to shut it down, although finally, in 2016, began releasing and transporting some detainees. So there is also 8 years of embarrassment against the dems, depending on how you want to look at it.

In summary, it seems as though "power corrupts...", and those in power, have the privilege of participating in the more devastating scandals and atrocities. Wikileaks was only created in 2006, and so only had 2 years to compile damning information whike Bush was still inthe White House, although some pretty terrible leaks against that administration occurred after Obamas 2008 inaugeration. Sadly, it was too late to do much damage, although the last 8 years of democratic presidency could be evidence that those leaks may have had an effect in the minds of Americans at least during the 2012 election.

The dems have had the "power" for the last 8 years, so it is possible that they have been corrupted by it and this is why we are hearing more leaks about them during this election.

I, too, am a fan of the quote you posted about absolute power. Let us look through the lens of that quote at all parties involved, equally

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
My phone has gone insane with these triple posts, which is Part of the reason why I rarely post anymore, at least until I I a different device for internet access. And now the 4 hours in which I was able to edit has passed. And of course it had to happen when I made a big, long post.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
My phone has gone insane with these triple posts, which is Part of the reason why I rarely post anymore, at least until I I a different device for internet access. And now the 4 hours in which I was able to edit has passed. And of course it had to happen when I made a big, long post.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Wow, just can't believe how they can hack your refrigerator. I get it, but it's just so odd

Because people don't reset default passwords and some devices have software with poorly written code that make getting around security rather easy, if there is any.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join