It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks - Assange Still Alive - Asks Supporters to "Stop Taking Down Internet"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Annee

Your quote there, did you paste that in when people were blocking up highways for hours on end (even jamming up people nearly dying in ambulances), or do you only say that stuff when people slow down the information superhighway?

You rarely make sense to me, which is why I rarely respond to you.

Anyone, can reach out and grab some obscure scenario - - - plop it into the middle of a discussion - - - and try to make it fit.

Try sticking to the thread.

edit on 21-10-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Within the last two weeks, we've heard Obama talking about the need to crack down on the "wild west" of the internet. Suddenly, the US suffers an attack on its internet structure sufficient for even the average guy in the street to notice.

Shall we start a countdown for the "Internet Protection Act" that gives the government more tools to "protect" everyone from those "evil hackers"? Oh, and the malcontents (clearly internet terrorists!) who visit dodgy anti-government hate websites like... Wikileaks. Or Drudge. Or ATS.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Messaged received.

This is getting surreal.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
I was on the phone with a source, it was someone who has a slot in a organization that deals with national security.

First, 10s of millions of I.P.s (originating) were logged in today's attack.

Here's what struck me as intriguing, "The only entity that had something to gain was the government" and it has......

Secondly, the only entity that has the resources to sustain a attack of this size and scope ( its still under way )
there again is the government.

The Russians and the Chinese were very quick in the AM to deny involvement and the electronic record confirms that.

Are we to believe that a rag-tag bunch of hackers were able to mount a sophisticated attack that is / was far greater than anything that has ever been seen before ???
As well , on a scale greater than or equal to that of nation/state with advanced cyber warfare capabilities.

Gentleman and Ladies, this is a red herring to the Nth degree.

Buck

So we just witnessed a digital 9-11?

Makes sense.

I've seen the notion that the powers behind the election will push this 'Russians hacked the election,' to such a degree that they will be 'forced' to allow Microsoft to come in and save the day by taking control of all electronic voting infrastructure so that they can 'verify,' the count from now on.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Shall we start a countdown for the "Internet Protection Act" that gives the government more tools to "protect" everyone from those "evil hackers"? Oh, and the malcontents (clearly internet terrorists!) who visit dodgy anti-government hate websites like... Wikileaks. Or Drudge. Or ATS.

You Sir, are directly on target.

Buck

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008
a reply to: proximo

Don't most phones have internet access? Wikileaks by the way is not only Julian Assange, there's a few other folks involved.

I really have a hard time believing that cutting his Embassy connection would keep him from accessing the outside world.

Well cell phones yes, but I don't know if even has one in there, do you?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I'm suspicious also, but I tend to lean towards the idea that the DDoS was Wikileaks supporters protesting against the US influencing Ecuador to cut Assange's internet.

That could have been why Assange released the Ecuador 'pre-commitment'. Ecuadors President did essentially endorse Clinton at the end of September.

They can't back down and allow Assange to be extradited, but they did think they could slow down the leaks influence by limiting Wikileaks spokesman. I doubt they ever thought about how much this would backfire though.

Assange's silence is what has brought Wikileaks leaks to the forefront of news(finally). I think Assange knows this.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ManufacturedDissent

Surreal indeed. I'm confident of the message and the fact that the ones the message was intended for understand it, even though they will pretend that they don't. Look at the language in the official reports so far, kids in basements, rogue hackers. Na it couldn't be.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

Perhaps Pamela Anderson delivered it concealed in a vegan meal, or other places.

Perhaps he has a stash of phones somewhere in the Embassy. Phones are easy. I have an ancient flip phone and a pay as you go plan using a fake identity and can access the internet pretty much anywhere.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

I really hope you are right.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

They are compromised over time and await use. Probably a daily search for more to add. You seen in the past a few giant botnets discovered. The average person has no idea their devices are compromised.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I doubt it was Russia because it didn't help Trump or hurt hillary

IF Russia wanted to send a message it would be an attack on the government servers or on the power grid. Keeping people off twitter? cmon. Revenge would have been DDOSing the bank and its employees that froze RT's assets.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Problem-Reaction-Solution at it's finest. One of the elites favorite tools to bring something under their control, or get people to give up rights readily in the name of safety. The pattern is so obvious. Every time they want to control something this is the go to method.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

I find a lot of Wikileaks recent tweets to be odd.. I constantly go to their page each day, and the last few days, all his posts seem "off"... Anyone else feel that way too?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Who Shut Down the U.S. Internet Friday?

He said the attacks seemed more consistent with the methods used by the hacking group known as Lizard Squad, two of whose members, both teens, were arrested earlier this month in the U.S. and the Netherlands and charged in connection with DDoS attacks.

Said Komarov, "We have some context, that because of similar victims, using Dyn, and also tactics, tools and procedures by threat actors, it may be a revenge for the past arrests of DDoS'ers in the underground, happened several weeks ago."

That theory sounds logical.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
DYN did a great job of getting their clientele back up within very impressive time windows.
Wonder what that level of service costs? (plus obvious equipment installations)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: goou111ah
We probably wont hear anything from Assange himself until after the election.

And that will be his suicide note.

Yeah, suicide by drone.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

No real time data of Assange, in this modern age of iApple everything, pull the other one it's got boom magik attached

Be real and let free the animus

Chinese saying: a lie is like a tiger; it can be attractive, but is always dangerous

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Who Shut Down the U.S. Internet Friday?

He said the attacks seemed more consistent with the methods used by the hacking group known as Lizard Squad, two of whose members, both teens, were arrested earlier this month in the U.S. and the Netherlands and charged in connection with DDoS attacks.

Said Komarov, "We have some context, that because of similar victims, using Dyn, and also tactics, tools and procedures by threat actors, it may be a revenge for the past arrests of DDoS'ers in the underground, happened several weeks ago."

That theory sounds logical.

It's possible, i don't totally believe that 'official' story though.

It's not like the Government is gonna come out and tell us They shut down the Net. It's a cover story that is what im thinking.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Just a different, more embolden tone. It's Julian.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join