It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks - Assange Still Alive - Asks Supporters to "Stop Taking Down Internet"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster
a reply to: Annee

when there's a new thread about wikileaks. Annee shows up to spread her hate.

what is your problem, really? great men aren't perfect. that being said, Assange made a stand. he risked his life. that's probably more than you ever did for humanity.

Perspectives and logical views of a spectrum.

If you "stand" in different places/time, you will have different views.

I realize most people view from the narrow perspective of their own "porch" going out.

I do the reverse. I look at the whole, then bring it to me.

Show me where the hate is.

Show me what is an attack.

edit on 21-10-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Lots of posts out there saying that he is dead and wikileaks has been taken over. 1HOUR is spreading those rumors.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: ghostrager

What do you mean "Assange Still Alive" is there any rumors he's dead?

There are many, many rumours. Some say he is incapacitated after being poisoned. Others say he is dead. Some say he has been taken from the Ecuadorian Embassy and handed over the USA for rendition. And on and on.

Until he shows himself in a verifiable way to those on the outside that he is still alive and well in the Ecuadorian Embassy many will suspect foul play.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Assange made a stand. he risked his life. that's probably more than you ever did for humanity.

Assange made choices, just like the rest of us.

We are all responsible for our choices.

And the consequences for making those choices.

edit on 21-10-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I would say Assange is probably the most controversial complex figure to come along in years.

He does some good but also does questionable things. He’s is hated by many...not only mainstream journalists but ironically many conspiracy theorists hate him as well

Now that may be jealously on the part in some of them.

He’s accused of being a Mossad Zionist agent, a Russian agent, a western agent, and God knows what else.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: ghostrager
a reply to: butcherguy

Yeah. Lot of speculation that Wikileaks has been taken over since Assange’s Internet cut off.

When that attack happened today, I couldn't connect to the sites that I normally get new WikiLeaks info from. Twitter and reddit. Why would WikiLeaks keep people from reading new info that they just dropped?

Supposedly its Anonymous who did the DDOS attack - wikileaks is not anonymous, and thus they are asking them to stop I guess.

But I have to be honest we really have no idea what is going on, for all we know it is the US government that has taken over the wikileaks twitter feed, and they are the ones asking for the attack to stop - probably not because if they had you would think the podesta email drops would stop.

Heck it could be a russian operation warning us, or it could be the US government doing it to blame on the russians, or to blame on anonymous.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapriti

What do you mean "Assange Still Alive" is there any rumors he's dead?

There are many, many rumours. Some say he is incapacitated after being poisoned. Others say he is dead. Some say he has been taken from the Ecuadorian Embassy and handed over the USA for rendition. And on and on.

Until he shows himself in a verifiable way to those on the outside that he is still alive and well in the Ecuadorian Embassy many will suspect foul play.

that's really a big big wow!

He has been playing with some really big matches

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

what is your problem, really? great men aren't perfect. that being said, Assange made a stand. he risked his life. that's probably more than you ever did for humanity.

If you "stand" in different places, you will have different views.

I realize most people view from the narrow perspective of their own "porch" going out.

twisting words won't help you. he made a stand to protect people all over the world from the governments.

all you're doing is posting in every single damn thread here about wikileaks, criticizing both wikileaks and Assange. and yet you have the audacity to claim (in another thread) that you don't really care about wikileaks, while bashing Assange post after post. if that's not an attack, then i don't know what is.

as for the hate, perhaps it's not hate. perhaps you just didn't make a stand in your whole life and are now regretting it, and you simply cannot stand (pun intended) Assange, because - while being a quarter of a century younger - he earned a respect of millions as a brave man, while you're just hiding behind your keyboard.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo
Supposedly its Anonymous who did the DDOS attack - wikileaks is not anonymous, and thus they are asking them to stop I guess.

I anticipated blaming Anon in another thread. I've seen some groups already deny they had anything to do with it.

Do you have any links to where you saw Anon being blamed, I'd really like to check that out.

Again the company that got hacked said they didn't know who did it and as far as I've seen, other than the very unusual WL tweet, nobody has taken credit for it either.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I think these are false flags. This happened the night of the 10 year anniversary for wikileaks, my guess to slow the spread of information for damage control if something big was brought up.

What's going on now I think are dry runs for whatever party is orchestrating the cutoffs. Each time they have occurred, a different part or aspect of the vast Internet infrastructure were tested. Should the pieces come together a true cutoff could be achieved.

All the attacks so far have been minor inconveniences. First, the ISP's were targeted, cell phone Internet was still viable though. Then the large company safeguarding many sites, I think the other sites were decoys to twitter which has proved to be a large vehicle for the spread of information (something I particularly don't like).

All of this though was done in a fashion to test their effectiveness against parts with little panic. All together it could have a very considerable impact though.

Edit: last piece of the puzzle is cell phones. I wouldn't be surprised to see isolated or wide scale attacks on those in the next week or two
edit on 21-10-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

My money is on the NSA.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I would say Assange is probably the most controversial complex figure to come along in years.

He does some good but also does questionable things. He’s is hated by many...not only mainstream journalists but ironically many conspiracy theorists hate him as well

He’s accused of being a Mossad Zionist agent, a Russian agent, a western agent, and God knows what else.

What questionable things? Pre-Wikileaks or after? Because if you take your bias out of it wikileak's just release's information for greater transparency. Basically it is just the unvarnished truth. With the amount of secrecy and corruption we know exists I for one want transparency - It is a major reason for a free press and is a crucial check and balance in a democracy. It should be clear to you the Normal Media no longer does this job at all, and so wikileaks is trying to fill that vacuum.

Sure there are going to be many people who don't like the information getting out who will viciously attack him (because it implicates them or people they support) - but if you truly agree with transparency then the only thing you really would have a right to complain about is if they released inaccurate files.

Thus far there has been no proof they have done that.

I suppose the only other argument would be if an information drop gets innocent people killed, again I am not aware of that.

edit on 21-10-2016 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

I think that Assange is the wikileaks twitter voice.

If you see all of his interviews and speaking engagements you will notice that the dry brand of humor he has is coming out in the twitter post. It's that and a few other things happening that lead me to believe it to be him.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Agree.

He does some good but also does questionable things.

Agree

He’s is hated by many...not only mainstream journalists but ironically many conspiracy theorists hate him as well

I don't hate him. I don't put him on a pedestal either.

Odd thing about a pedestal. Those on them rarely remain untarnished.

Not jealous. Watching this play out.

Tarnish #1 - - He's chosen sides. (Don't bother with the lame excuse he only releases what other's send him. There are no squeaky clean Republicans either.)

That's a crowded bed he lay in.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

What a bunch of dirty, nasty thugs. Hopefully they'll be caught and prosecuted.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

If you "stand" in different places, you will have different views.

twisting words won't help you. he made a stand to protect people all over the world from the governments.

I don't see any twisted words.

Perhaps you don't understand what the words say.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I did a little searching and found this Politico post saying a group called New World told them their group was responsible. Politico claims Anon was as well but doesn't provide any evidence of that at all.

That same article stresses that Dyn doesn't know who did it, alphabet organizations don't know who did it and apparently the 'internet of things' malware Mirai was involved...

Yeah. Lot's of theories, nothing proven.
edit on 21-10-2016 by Noncents because: Added Mirai

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents

originally posted by: proximo

I anticipated blaming Anon in another thread. I've seen some groups already deny they had anything to do with it.

Do you have any links to where you saw Anon being blamed, I'd really like to check that out.

Again the company that got hacked said they didn't know who did it and as far as I've seen, other than the very unusual WL tweet, nobody has taken credit for it either.

Well I am going off of the twitter handle @0HOUR1 who supposedly is anonymous, and some of the other anonymous retweets from him. I will grant you it is not a real reliable source - but then again how could you have a reliable source for a group that is Anonymous.

Well as I am writing this apparently the 0HOUR1 account has just been suspended by twitter - which might give it more credibility.
edit on 21-10-2016 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Well now we know that wikileaks is still in control, and their twitter account is being taken care of by wikileaks, personally, I think Assange is.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

Well now we know that wikileaks is still in control, and their twitter account is being taken care of by wikileaks, personally, I think Assange is.

How could assange be in control of the wikileaks account if he does not have internet access? You think he is relaying the messages by phone or something?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join