It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone Is Learning How to Take Down the Internet

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: roadgravel

And then they took out that French TV network.

Somebody is practicing to mess with the US elections.

US elections are not done over the internet.

Oh wait, you mean Trump will be denied tweeting?
edit on 10/21/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Given, at least it seems to me, that a few private companies try to track and map these type of events, it makes me think governments don't care. Don't care because it might be in their future attack plans.

Most likely these are from large botnets. It could be only for lulz but almost without fail everything is about money.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Maybe going to take down the whole net when they kill or arrest Assange. Then put it back up after they prevent whatever insurance protocol was in place.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Twitter and Netflix are also down. Hack attacks since this morn (21 Oct).

www.usatoday.com...

SAN FRANCISCO — At least two successive waves of online attacks blocked multiple major websites Friday, at times making it impossible for many users on the East Coast to access Twitter, Spotify, Netflix, Amazon, Tumblr and Reddit. The first attacks appear to have begun around 7:10 am Friday, then resolved towards 9:30 am, but then a fresh wave began. The cause was a large-scale distributed denial of service attack (DDoS) against Internet performance company Dyn that blocked user access to many popular sites standstill.

also, Yesterday for the first time my web service was off (phone and all) for hours. So glad that I took most of my money out in cash a few days ago by fluke. Banks are being hit too.

edit on 21-10-2016 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dianashay

Banks are being hit too.

I don't think banks use DNS management services.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Just a thought here...

But what if it's a test to check either the server's infrastructure and the level of the preparedness for such attacks? This is obviously big, it's not done by some random hacker at some random country... The timing is critical, Russia and the west are at each other's throats, the US elections are drawing closer and TPTB might see Trump as a threat for their agenda.

We could be on a verge of something we don't know yet, this could be just the beginning.

Again... A thought.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I don't think banks use DNS management services.

Banks are not immune to DDOS attacks,
as evidenced by the mass outages in 2012.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shuye
Just a thought here...

But what if it's a test to check either the server's infrastructure and the level of the preparedness for such attacks? This is obviously big, it's not done by some random hacker at some random country... The timing is critical, Russia and the west are at each other's throats, the US elections are drawing closer and TPTB might see Trump as a threat for their agenda.

We could be on a verge of something we don't know yet, this could be just the beginning.

Again... A thought.

That's the idea being stated by the source material. The election part isn't there but who knows if it is part of it.

Possible planning and proof of concept

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

This is terrible - without the internet I won't see all these weird US recipes that have pumpkin as the main ingredient - argggh!!!

Genuine LOL post.

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

If the Russian hackers APT 28 took down TV5 (France), I would ask some questions about TV5 and its relationship to French intelligence throughout the world and its relationship with the USA's CIA.

But as Colonel Schultz would say, "I know nusSINK!"

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

originally posted by: Shuye
Just a thought here...

Again... A thought.

That's the idea being stated by the source material. The election part isn't there but who knows if it is part of it.

Possible planning and proof of concept

You're right, my apologies. I was reading about the story from another source.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Every action is a test of something when speaking of cyber related events.

Just imagine if you could say or do something to someone and watch how they react so that one day you could use the way that person acted as part of an overall greater plan. Now apply that to websites, servers, applications / software, system admins and even automated mediums ( traffic lights, data servers, etc ) .

That's basically cyberwarefare in a nutshell, using your anonymity to gather intel on " targets " and use that intel to further help you achieve an overall greater goal. It's a long con chess game in many cases.

Thing is, you can play this game fully automated during the day while you're sleeping or catching some waves...

Not to mention flags don't give you away, no teamster meetings and certainly not many trusting people so it's a much harder protect and guard against.

With the above said, why would you think this is a nation sponsored thing? I could be, but could just as easily be a group of americans, or global citizens, even just a tight band of 14 year old D&D players. This is why cyberwarefare is much scarier than you could ever imagine, since it takes terrorism and removes most distinguishing and recognizable features.

The next false flag will be online.
edit on 21-10-2016 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2016 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The internet will be the first to go!

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I was going to make a post yesterday asking what people would think if the internet suddenly went dark? Would they think WWWIII had officially started?

But also I want to know if one day I wake up to read that a major bank has been hacked and all cash transferred out. This wouldn't surprise me really, I think it's only a matter of time before one bank gets hacked!

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Maybe Trump is funding this attack against a rigged system?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: WilburnRoach

I certainly do wonder what all of Trumps talk about the " rigged system " to the general public. We understand how even us savy online users jump to conclusions, now what about the average jane and joe, will they be saying it's the " government " 1st or carry on with the status quo.

While I was and still am pretty sure Trump won't get elected ( I support neither ), I do wonder if he has opened the channel for the public to start questioning the government more and it's roles.

If they do, then, Trump has done more good than we'll truly know.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Who knows.
Could be a 3 letter agency testing for whatever reason.

Blacking out the internet before the final Veritas videos and Assange's final leaks email leaks, supposedly the biggest ones. Russia would gain from not taking out the internet.
or
Conversely these could be probes in order to figure out how to attack some major places to expose something in the near future.
or
Hackers retribution against the west for cutting the internet off of assange.
or
Testing, to cause an internet blackout during a hot war. Cuts down on opinions they do not want people to hear, on hackers, on spies.
or
Permanently taking the internet out to roll out a new internet. One with that has .gov peeking through everything.

I like the idea of blaming Russia, I am going to start blaming russia when I stub my toe. They are like the new NWO for hillary supporters.

It's likely election related.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
Who knows.
Could be a 3 letter agency testing for whatever reason.

Blacking out the internet before the final Veritas videos and Assange's final leaks email leaks, supposedly the biggest ones. Russia would gain from not taking out the internet.
or
Conversely these could be probes in order to figure out how to attack some major places to expose something in the near future.
or
Hackers retribution against the west for cutting the internet off of assange.
or
Testing, to cause an internet blackout during a hot war. Cuts down on opinions they do not want people to hear, on hackers, on spies.
or
Permanently taking the internet out to roll out a new internet. One with that has .gov peeking through everything.

I like the idea of blaming Russia, I am going to start blaming russia when I stub my toe. They are like the new NWO for hillary supporters.

It's likely election related.

Ok, it's time for me to put on my tinfoil hat:

This morning I was on Drudge and clicked on a headline that read "Heavily armed 'police' outside Ecuadorian Embassy...'

That link took me to Twitter and it was at that point I realized it was down. Weird thing is, I was on Twitter about 1-2 hours before this happened.

Not long after I went off Twitter (before it went down), I went to the Wikileaks site and started going through their latest emails which came out today. I couldn't go past page 8 for some reason. The error message read "internal server error." The suspicious side of me decided to Tweet Wikileaks and a reporter from Infowars. Not long after that, Wikileaks was back up and running. I was able to go past page 8 of the new leaks but then had to leave the house.

I'm bringing up all that to say this: Could these hack attacks at Twitter, Netflix, etc be connected to Wikileaks? I'm not saying that Wikileaks caused this. I'm saying it's possible that someone who does not want Assange to release more dirt on #CrookedHillary & Company may be responsible.

It was just yesterday that Wikileaks said they had a surprise for Tim Kaine and Ms. Brazile.

That link I just quoted could have been a reference to something going on at Assange's hideout in London. But I haven't seen anything else online that makes reference to an incident there.

Anyway, this is too much of a coincidence if you ask me. When looking for a possible suspect it would be prudent to ask "who would benefit most?"

Not China.

Not Russia, especially with the looming threat of WW3. But don't tell that to Clinton or Obama, who, in all likelihood, would blame Putin if Walmart ran out of tp.

A ton of information goes out on Twitter every day. Wikileaks puts out alot of stuff about their new revelations on Twitter, where it can be spread around from one person to another to another. I get most of my news online now, as opposed to the tv or papers.

I think that someone who does not want more news from Wikileaks to come out is responsible. Jmho.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune
The DDOS attack is on the East Coast servers for DYN. Twitter is one of very many companies which use DYN.

This will have no effect on "news" from wikileaks.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The chance that Russia has given up espionage on the US is at zero.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join