It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superbowl: Patriots vs. the Eagles? NWO Plot?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Not that I seriously believe this to be the case, but....

I do find it eerily poetic that at this particular time in history, we've got two patriotic-named teams vying for the superbowl trophy... Any NWO machinations or hidden messages there? Who knows!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Isn't it the goal of the NWO to reduce patriotism and nationalism to make it easier for people to embrace a single hegemonic world government?

[edit on 1/24/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
No....... Papa Bush, for one, is a Texans fan.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Not that I seriously believe this to be the case, but....

I do find it eerily poetic that at this particular time in history, we've got two patriotic-named teams vying for the superbowl trophy... Any NWO machinations or hidden messages there? Who knows!!!

I have heard Ann Coulter sleeps in an Eagle's jersey.............Go Eagles

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
No....... Papa Bush, for one, is a Texans fan.

If you did some google searches, you would find he is a Brady, Pats fan.
He invited Brady to some event before the last superbowl.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Isn't it the goal of the NWO to reduce patriotism and nationalism to make it easier for people to embrace a single hegemonic world government?

Interesting point, but it seems to be the Bush agenda to use patriotism and fear as a uniting principle and to get citizens to sacrifice freedoms for security...

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Interesting point, but it seems to be the Bush agenda to use patriotism and fear as a uniting principle and to get citizens to sacrifice freedoms for security...

That's pretty devious of the evil GW to mislead the people he's trying to lie to and subjugate.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
If you did some google searches, you would find he is a Brady, Pats fan.
He invited Brady to some event before the last superbowl.

Trust me, I live in Houston. He's a Houston guy through and through. Maybe he likes the Pats in the Super Bowl because they're the 'Patriots' and his granddaughters probably think Tom Brady is real "dreamy" or some garbage like that. If you ever get a chance to watch Astros home games, you'll often see Papa Bush in the stands as well. He has a close relationship with both Bob McNair (Texans) and Drayton McClane (Astros).

Peace

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

That's pretty devious of the evil GW to mislead the people he's trying to lie to and subjugate.

Trying to keep up with all the ins-and-outs of the NWO machinations reminds me of a dog trying to chase its tail.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
i've actually slept inside of anne coulter

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yeticha

Man that had to hurt............You OK?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Congratulations! I wish I could say the same...

Now remind me, what does that have to do with the topic of this thread?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
absolutely nothing....but who wouldn't enjoy a broad that wants to nuke an entire country

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Didn't it's penis get in the way?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Bush is a fan of Brady as someone else had mentioned. Brady was also present at the State of the Union address.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Not that I'm a sore loser or anything, but I predicted this right after 9-11. It was obvious that they wanted the Patriots to win then so we could have a huge "patriotic" celebration. I mean think about it, at the end of that Superbowl there was red white and blue streaming everywhere for millions to see. I knew going into yesterdays game that the Steelers were going to lose simply because what better of a chace to show off patriotism than a game between, essentially Boston and Philadelphia. It's obvious guys, come on I mean the Steelers should have won despite three turnovers and a rookie quaterback. It's pretty clear to me that the game was fixed!

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Well it's pretty obvious, the NWO is the country United States of America and it's governing body. The long-term goal of a one world government will be accomplished, but for now our Carlyle administration must take the appropriate baby steps.

If there is a super bowl conspiracy, it is pro-patriotic in a sense and hardly NWO "ish". I mean what two single teams in all American major sports can better represent American patriotism?

Patriots vs Eagles.

Sit back and beat that in attempt of pro-patriotic sports matchup

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
If it wasn't rigged it would be the Vikings vs Steelers, where Big Ben would throw 8 interceptions to Claiborne, 5 to Winfeild, and Hovan would get 10 sacks, in the first half while Dante Culpepper would throw 10 touchdowns to Randy Moss, 4 to Nate Burelson, 4 to Kelly Campbell, and 2 to Wigguns while Smith and Bennet run for 15 touchdowns combined.(Guess who is a Vikings fan)

But yes, the Pats went from play offs? Whats that? To going to what? their 3rd SB in 4 years? And the NY Jets went to one, didn't they? Kinda funny isn't it? Or could just be a coincidence.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Please, tell me you guys are kidding...

The NFL is not rigged. No modern pro sports are. How could they be? Every play of every game is on TV -- with millions of people watching every game either in person, or on TV. It may have been possible to rig sports in the days of radio or even before then, but they still had live audiences, so that possibility was very limited even then. (Just ask the Chicago White Sox about their 1919 World Series, for example.)

If New England was a terrible team after their victory in Super Bowl XXXVI, then I might actually entertain the idea that some people might think something fishy went on -- that is, I'd understand how the urban legend gained its footing, but I still wouldn't believe it. But New England is now in a position to win three Super Bowls in four years.

If you take a conspiratorial view of history, then why didn't the Patriots (representing the U.S.) regularly beat the Bears (which you could have represent the Soviet Union) in Super Bowls during the Cold War? (Actually, Chicago and New England met in Super Bowl XX in 1985 -- Chicago blew out New England in one of the most lopsided Super Bowls ever!)

As for the question "How could the Patriots go from worst to first?" Well, where else were they going to go to first from? Every sports dynasty in history started out as a terrible team -- they had to slowly work their way up to being winners. In Michael Jordan's early years, the Chicago Bulls couldn't even make the playoffs. The Dallas Cowboys, in the early years of Jimmy Johnson, Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, and Michael Irvin were 1-15 their first season together. Just last year, the Carolina Panthers went from 1-15 to being in Super Bowl XXXVIII in two seasons.

Next question?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
So....

Was the Raiders v. Buccaneers superbowl a plot to forward the cause of terrorism? After all, both teams have marauder/piracy themes. Perhpas gulf coast drug runners were involved in helping Tampa Bay win?

Maybe the Falcons v. Eagles NFC championship game was rigged by the Birdwatching Society of North America?

I know you guys are kidding... but, heck... there really are only a few 'themes' for team names in the NFL! Let's look at some:

Industry:
Oilers (formerly), Steelers, Packers

Mammals:
Bears, Lions, Rams, Jaguars, Chargers, Colts (though they used to be the Colt .45s), Broncos

Birds:
Seahawks, Ravens, Falcons, Eagles, Cardinals

Marauders:
Buccaneers, Raiders, Vikings

Other Historical names:
Cowboys, Redskins, Bills (as in Buffalo Bill)

With this limited selection of names, it's inevitable that you will occasionally have a 'themed' superbowl.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join