It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roger Ailes is taking down Fox News.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I agree, but it may create a need to rebrand to stick out. I'm not sure what the heads will do, I'm just saying its a possibility. Also,let's not forget that fox is established already, so that could be an advantage too.

When was the last time Fox got their chosen candidates elected for president?

Established yes, but is it a winning model/platform for changing ideologies? Whine don't do nuttin...at least a Trump channel would be entertaining like Alex Jones.
edit on 20-10-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Lol you are right!
Keep picking Romney's and they will never get another presidency. Even though he is apparently one of the best representations of a kind mannered man there is...but he had no will to fight when it counts.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Correct, but what do you expect them to do when he becomes the nominee and they want their side to win. He got a lot of coverage on fox early because he had people watching fox, liberal news did to because look at those crazy republicans/we know we can beat Trump 23587435 vs. 1 in the primary

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

a friend who is a disabled combat veteran was watching tv with me when he said that even fox news had become part of the Hillary propaganda machine.

PBS being a tool of the DNC during the whole of this election has destroyed their credibility forever as far as I'm concerned.

but better treatment of a republican campaign was expected from fox, but they joined the insanity and pushed the Hillary talking points as if real.

fox losing so much credibility amongst their viewers, it is time for a new network that will work against hillery and her like minded, imo.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Your scenario looks plausible to me. Trump has nothing to offer Ailes besides his brand, but will want to play boss, which Ailes will not countenance. Ailes's new organization will court the Republican right wing, I guess, while Fox gets more 'newsy' and drifts some way towards the centre.

But Trump is just what Bannon needs as a messianic figurehead of his nascent extreme-right political cult. This, unless I miss my guess, will not be a democratic party of any kind but some sort of direct-action protest movement. God knows what kind of action they will unleash.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

Snide might not have been the best word to use Gra. However I stand with my observation that this 'echo chamber' effect is an effect of both sides of the political spectrum. Your inclination to point out only one half of this 'truth' demonstrates either an ignorance of this or possibly that you are aware of this and have seen fit to ignore it to further a specific biased agenda.
And no, it is not truth that bothers me. It is half truths and blind political obfuscation that bothers me.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Ok, so other than the fox network as I said that does this exo chamber...which all of their own people do it... It's different when it is across networks.

My examination was specific yet no refute to it. There is a big difference as what I am saying.

One more time for you...

Fox News people tout the same line of bull.
Msnbc, PbS, CBS, NBC, etc. Say the same line of bull.

That is a big difference

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I agree, but it may create a need to rebrand to stick out. I'm not sure what the heads will do, I'm just saying its a possibility. Also,let's not forget that fox is established already, so that could be an advantage too.

When was the last time Fox got their chosen candidates elected for president?

Established yes, but is it a winning model/platform for changing ideologies? Whine don't do nuttin...at least a Trump channel would be entertaining like Alex Jones.

According to Glen Beck Ailes and trump split because he refused to practice and stay on script..

I guess that could still have been sold motivating factor, but looks like he is out.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Ok, so other than the fox network as I said that does this exo chamber...which all of their own people do it... It's different when it is across networks.

My examination was specific yet no refute to it. There is a big difference as what I am saying.

One more time for you...

Fox News people tout the same line of bull.
Msnbc, PbS, CBS, NBC, etc. Say the same line of bull.

That is a big difference

Unless the MSM uses the same lines because they legit disagree with conservatism and the Fox News scandals...

That's something the right seem to overlook when touting they MSM conspiracy. What if everyone else just thinks they are wrong??

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Sure... But saying the exact thing. At least change it up a bit.

I remember a time when "gravitas" was used by everyone. Now really? How often do you use that word? And for all the networks to use it on the same story.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Sure... But saying the exact thing. At least change it up a bit.

I remember a time when "gravitas" was used by everyone. Now really? How often do you use that word? And for all the networks to use it on the same story.

Best form of compliment is imitation lol..

IMHO the right has been throwing out fake scandals that go nowhere for so long that their voters no longer know who to believe.

Then you have the "cried wolf effect" where no one believes the real scandals because you lied about. Too many fake ones.

I'm in mississppi so I hear WAY more right wing stuff, but watching both sides it's obvious who is using single cases to make broad sweeping points about whole groups of people.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
...and now Roger Ailes is dead. I wonder what he knew.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join