It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roger Ailes is taking down Fox News.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
In a hurry so short and sweet..

Roger Ailes creates Fox News as a media empire catering to conservatives.

Then Ailes is ousted by fox for sexual harassment claims by its biggest on air personalities.

Now Ailes is using trump to create a media empire "trunp TV" which will do what???

Split the GOP amongst the establishment and conspiracy crowds which will cut Fox News viewership in half on the first day..making them no longer the cool conservative source, but now the old foggy establishment source...

Fox News falls after a 50% drop in ad revenue and veiwership.
edit on 20-10-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

is this your opinion or some sort of fact?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Competition is good even in media. Hopefully they compete against one another for better ideas, as opposed to using thesame exact line that was given to them from their party lines like the left does

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

is this your opinion or some sort of fact?

Imho

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
#'d up how this follows South Park.

So now we go back to the most 'trusted source in news', CNN. pukes in mouth.....

This is such A pathetic troll attempt at sheeple mind control.

We are so #ed as a society.

I have started drinking Jack Daniels again. # it.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

Competition is good even in media. Hopefully they compete against one another for better ideas, as opposed to using thesame exact line that was given to them from their party lines like the left does

But could Fox survive paying for a inferstructure meant for all the right, then losing half its income??

That would fold most places I think.
edit on 20-10-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

My opinion...

Trump will likely wind up partnered with Bannon and rebrand Breitbart - without Ailes - on a new media platform ( the Internet - probably copying the Young Turks model ).

Ailes, on the other hand, still has juice both politically and in media. I think he is more likely to find a struggling, minor cable channel, aggregate investors, rebrand and launch, effectively, Fox News redux - stealing away a fair chunk of Fox's current talent... Hannity and O'Reilly most likely.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

Hopefully they compete against one another for better ideas,

Better? Or worse. And how we interpret those ideas is the crux of the matter don't you think?

Plus I find your snide little comment at the end to be rather disingenuous. Even a cursory look at 'new's on the internet let's us see that this 'echo chamber' effect is as prominent with right leaning outlets as you claim it is on the left.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

My opinion...

Trump will likely wind up partnered with Bannon and rebrand Breitbart - without Ailes - on a new media platform ( the Internet - probably copying the Young Turks model ).

Ailes, on the other hand, still has juice both politically and in media. I think he is more likely to find a struggling, minor cable channel, aggregate investors, rebrand and launch, effectively, Fox News redux - stealing away a fair chunk of Fox's current talent... Hannity and O'Reilly most likely.

Could any business survive having an inferstructure that covers all of a market. Then losing half that market over night???

Sure maybe they could cut back costs and such to acomodate the drop in income, but that's only if they admit they are screwed early.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Well, fox gets a lot of money from ads in football games broadcasted on their network. They have other supplementary income that gives them the advantage I would think

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

So now we go back to the most 'trusted source in news', CNN. pukes in mouth.....

Please don't do that. So many better choices exist. Larceny is just a few bucks more. If you are going to be mean to your liver, at least offer it something nice.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I believe this is a distinct possibility. Trumps supporters are hard core, loyal, and prone to cult think; a perfect demographic to corner the Conservative market. The perfect place to sell dried food and "don't tread on me flags"

Capitalism....ultimately like all media; it's about the money!
edit on 20-10-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It's actually a good thing. The current media situation is going to be dismantled anyway. Once she is elected and more and more people get upset. Hey, that's not what she said...I demand answers..blah blah.

New players will emerge. That is how free enterprise works. There are several news organizations I have deleted as an app and stopped watching and I know I am not the only one. It's actually a good thing. You can report bias all you want but end of the day, once the campaign money dries up so will the profits to sustain it. She won't be pouring money into them once she is elected.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Well, fox gets a lot of money from ads in football games broadcasted on their network. They have other supplementary income that gives them the advantage I would think

That's assuming they are willing to lose money on the News side and pay for it out of the network side.

Few corps are willing to do that.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Is it snide or truth that bothers you? The right has fox news for the most part... So sure everyone on fox will say the same, but I'm talking about on different networks saying the exact lines.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
In a hurry so short and sweet..

Roger Ailes creates Fox News as a media empire catering to conservatives.

Then Ailes is ousted by fox for sexual harassment claims by its biggest on air personalities.

Now Ailes is using trump to create a media empire "trunp TV" which will do what???

Split the GOP amongst the establishment and conspiracy crowds which will cut Fox News viewership in half on the first day..making them no longer the cool conservative source, but now the old foggy establishment source...

Fox News falls after a 50% drop in ad revenue and veiwership.
My greatest moment in grad school was having the opportunity to call out roger ailes in person for Fox News' iniquities. He was on a panel in my urban policy class.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: stosh64

Please don't do that. So many better choices exist. Larceny is just a few bucks more. If you are going to be mean to your liver, at least offer it something nice.

With my Obama care doubling in price this month I cant afford anything better.

I may even resort to Popov Vodka again. I haven't drank in almost 30 years but wtf. Its drinking for pure effect now.
edit on 10 20 2016 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I agree, but it may create a need to rebrand to stick out. I'm not sure what the heads will do, I'm just saying its a possibility. Also,let's not forget that fox is established already, so that could be an advantage too.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode
It's actually a good thing. The current media situation is going to be dismantled anyway. Once she is elected and more and more people get upset. Hey, that's not what she said...I demand answers..blah blah.

New players will emerge. That is how free enterprise works. There are several news organizations I have deleted as an app and stopped watching and I know I am not the only one. It's actually a good thing. You can report bias all you want but end of the day, once the campaign money dries up so will the profits to sustain it. She won't be pouring money into them once she is elected.

You know that could go to the root of the trump phenomenon..

The conspiracy crowd jumps back and forth between parties, always against whoever holds the presidency.

They were all democrats until OBAMA took the office. Then they swapped to the right.

Well 12-16 years of democrat presidents means literally a whole generation of conspiracy crowd have been republicans..

Might outlast the next GOP pres.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I agree, but it may create a need to rebrand to stick out. I'm not sure what the heads will do, I'm just saying its a possibility. Also,let's not forget that fox is established already, so that could be an advantage too.

Trump has walked all over the established order

top topics

<<   2 >>

join