It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take a wild ride with me down a rabbit hole - Barack Obama was never President

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: C84K2

Actually, that's a point I have made on ATS a few times.

Here's an example: Link

If 'natural born Citizen' refers to 'natural law,' then there are many Native Hawaiians that don't recognize the jurisdiction of the U.S. Government. And I wonder if the drafters of the Constitution intended for someone born on land illegally annexed in violation of an international treaty to be considered as a 'natural born Citizen.' There is still a dispute...the federal government has admitted wrongdoing and apologized.

I think it's possible they did not and would have been concerned about conflicted loyalties.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: C84K2

Again, full disclosure: I attended the University of Hawai'i at Manao in the early 1980's.

That being said, Hawai'i is in fact, a duly-admitted state to the United States of America, and as such, is subject to the Constitution.

Having lived in Hawai'i, I can tell you that it is NOT in spirit a part of the United States. When it's convenient, Hawai'i is part of America. But if some Kahuna could channel his magic to keep the best parts of the United States (free stuff for the locals) into the monarchy most of them seem to so pine for, then 'A'ole pilikia (no more problems).

If you've ever seen the movie "Idiocracy", that's pretty much how the local and state government of Hawai'i works.
edit on 23-2-2017 by SBMcG because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Here's how the Supreme Court would view that angle given the overwhelming preponderance of case law and the always inviolate stare decisis...

Every SCOTUS case in US history that's even broached the subject of "natural born citizen" (which is very different from the 14th Amendment grant of statutory citizenship), from "The Venus" in 1814 to "Bellei" in 1971, has held that for an individual to be a "natural born citizen" of the United States, and thus eligible under Article II of the Constitution to be president, they must be of a "jus soli" (of the soil) birth.

No one in US history has ever been granted or conferred "natural born citizen" status by the Supreme Court or statute unless they were born on US soil.

Ever.

Because that form of citizenship comes from birth, not statute.

As for Obama, I have no idea whether he's a NBC or not. He might be. But his Certificate of Live Birth is a proven fabrication. We have no idea where he was born or who his parents were (are?).
edit on 23-2-2017 by SBMcG because: Correction

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Official Transcript
Chief Justice: So help YOU God.
President Reagan: So help ME God

??

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
Official Transcript
Chief Justice: So help YOU God.
President Reagan: So help ME God

??

Wasn't delivered with the inflection of a question and the official transcripts don't show it as a question.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Welp. Roberts went back to delivering the line as a question. He did with Obama, but not with Trump. Today, he went back to administering an unconstitutional Oath that closed with a religious test.

He asked Biden, "So help YOU God?"

But with Trump, he simply had him repeat the phrase "So help ME God."

TRUMP:

BIDEN:

It's not a stylistic choice. Roberts has not been consistent.

"There shall be no religious test..."

The line should not be delivered as a question.

Just making this part of the public record. Not looking to debate it. It is what it is...an unlawful Oath.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join