It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take a wild ride with me down a rabbit hole - Barack Obama was never President

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
To preface, this post will take several parts, please refrain from commenting until the end.

It’s probably no secret to ATS regulars that I entertain some wild political conspiracy theories — usually involving the complicity of both major parties. This particular political conspiracy theory, of mine, is no different. It’s near and dear to my heart, for many reasons.

For one, it’s juicy. It’s also a theory I haven’t been able to close the book on, in the last several years (I first fell down this rabbit hole, in 2010).

Lastly, when Barack Obama took the Oath of Office, in January 2013, my theory was tested and it stood up to the test.

My theory?

Barack Obama took an Oath to the Office of President of the United States a whopping FOUR TIMES, and ALL four attempts were Unconstitutional.

Yes. I believe a good argument exists for this theory. In fact, I am willing to say I believe it. But, I don’t claim to be a Constitutional law expert. However, I am a logical thinker, academically-speaking, and I like to think that I am a logical thinker otherwise, too. Even if I do entertain political conspiracy theories, I have also been known to abandon them if they fall apart. My mind is open and I am willing to admit it if I have been proven wrong. I am also prepared for the flames that will no doubt fly in response to this post.

Where better than ATS, though, to share it?

I am not convinced that Barack Obama ever took a legal Oath to the Office of President of the United States.

And I do not believe he was administered a legal Oath to the Office of President of the United States, by Chief Justice John Roberts, either.

And I believe these acts were intentional.

As I said, I don’t claim to be a Constitutional law expert, but some things are clear in the U.S. Constitution. For example, the ’No Religious Test Clause,’ within Article VI, Clause 3.

“…no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.”

link

It is this Clause that serves as the foundation of this thread. The oft-used phrase tacked on to the Oath, “So help me God,” is at the core of my questions.

“The ‘No Religious Test Clause’ of the United States Constitution is a clause within Article VI, Clause 3. By its plain terms, no federal office holder or employee can be required to adhere to or accept any particular religion or doctrine as a prerequisite to holding a federal office or a federal government job.”

The precise Constitutional wording of the Presidential Oath of Office, follows, and you’ll note that ’So help me God’ does not appear. It is recited ONLY at the discretion of a Presidential Inauguree, and is absolutely not a requirement:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Chief Justice Roberts administered the Oath of Office to Barack Obama FOUR times, and ALL four times he concluded the above Oath with a REQUEST for an affirmation to “God.”

CONTINUED….

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Roberts: So help YOU God?
Obama: So help ME God.

Now, many of you might be thinking, right now, that most presidents end their Oaths with “So help me God.”

This is true. And, it is up to each and every President-Elect to decide if they want to conclude their Oath by reciting “So help me God,” or not.

Obama decided he would, in fact, like to conclude his Oath, in 2009, with that voluntary statement, “So help me God.”

However, Chief Justice Roberts defied Obama’s wishes, FOUR times. Rather than conclude the Oath with a recitation of those words, Roberts delivered the phrase as a question AFTER the Oath was concluded. In other words, it was a request for an affirmation of Obama’s Oath.

Below is the affidavit stating Obama’s wishes and Chief Justice Roberts’ intent:

link

Wikipedia noted what Roberts’ expressed intent was, as follows, with regard to a lawsuit concerning the separation of church & state:

Chief Justice Roberts' reply was that his "prompting" for these four extra-constitutional words were to be recited "after" the oath of office, and not as a part of the oath as claimed in the suit.
link

But THAT is not what Obama agreed to. He agreed to CONCLUDE the Oath by repeating, “So help me God.”

And, as I’ll demonstrate shortly, Justice Roberts did NOT have to deliver the line as a question — in violation of Article VI, Clause 3 — to “prompt” Obama to say the words, “So help me God.”

To continue, in every video and official transcript available of all FOUR attempts at Obama’s Oath, Roberts delivered the phrase as a question, “So help YOU God?” And that question required an affirmation from Obama AFTER the Oath.

In every video and official transcript available of all FOUR attempts at the Oath, Obama responded to Roberts’ question by nodding and/or answering in the affirmative, “So help ME God.”

This is unprecedented, believe it or not. And I will go into that more, in a bit. But, let’s move forward, first, by revisiting all FOUR Oaths that Obama took to the Office of the President of the United States.

*Please note, in 2009, Roberts garbled some of the words and so did Obama. It was reported that, “out of an abundance of caution,” Obama decided to re-take the Oath the following day in private. Also, in 2013, Obama and Biden were both sworn in twice because the required date of the Oath, January 20, fell on a Sunday while the public inauguration ceremony was scheduled for the following day. Lastly, it should be noted that the Greatest Orator Evah garbled the word ‘States,’ in 2013. Personally, I think it appears intentional.

CONTINUED….

edit on 19-10-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Obama’s first attempt at the Oath on January 20, 2009:

Official transcript and audio: Link
Obama: *nod* So help ME God.

Obama’s second attempt at the Oath on January 21, 2009:
Official transcript and audio: Link
Obama: So help ME God.

Obama’s first attempt at the Oath on January 20, 2013 (starts at 3:43):

Obama’s second attempt at the Oath on January 21, 2013:

To contrast, let’s revisit Joe Biden’s Oaths to the Office of the Vice President:

Joe Biden, 2009, his Oath was administered BEFORE Obama’s (Link):

Justice Stevens: So help ME God.
Joe Biden repeats: So help ME God.

Joe Biden, January 20, 2013, his Oath was administered BEFORE Obama’s (starts at :57):

Justice Sotomayer: So help ME God.

Joe Biden, January 21, 2013, Public Oath:

Justice Sotomayer: So help ME God.

Curiously, the Vice Presidential Oaths administered to Joe Biden did NOT involve such a religious question, after the conclusion of the Oath, requiring affirmation. Joe Biden was administered a legal Oath.

Or maybe you believe this was this just a meaningless difference in ‘style’ between Roberts and Sotomayer & Stevens?

If it is, I am not willing to just accept it without some official explanation.

CONTINUED…

link   
To put this all another way, what if Barack Obama had answered, “No,” to Roberts’ question, “So help YOU God?”

Roberts: I, Barack Hussein Obama, do solemnly swear…
Obama: I, Barack Hussein Obama, do solemnly swear…
Roberts: …that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States…
Obama: …that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States…
Roberts: …and will to the best of my ability…
Obama: …and will to the best of my ability…
Roberts: …preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
Obama: …preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
Roberts: So help you God?
Obama: Nope.

What would happen? Barack Obama would not have affirmed his Oath and he would not have been able to execute the duties of the Office of President of the United States.

The question was a religious test – a trick. If Obama answered, “No,” then he would have failed the test. Am I supposed to believe that something so plain escaped the Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court…FOUR TIMES?

Now, take a listen to how these Chief Justices administered the Oath — without requiring an affirmative answer to a religious test — to every president since Richard Nixon, in 1973.

*ahem* “Please, raise your right hand and repeat after me:“
George W. Bush 2005:

Chief Justice: So help ME God.
President Bush: So help ME God.

George W. Bush 2001:

Bill Clinton 1997:

President Clinton: So help ME God.

Bill Clinton 1993:

President Clinton: So help ME God.

George H. W. Bush 1989:

Ronald Reagan 1985 (starts at 5:00):

President Reagan: So help ME God.

Ronald Reagan 1981:

Official Transcript
Chief Justice: So help YOU God.
President Reagan: So help ME God.

Jimmy Carter 1977:

President Carter: So help ME God.

Gerald Ford 1974:

President Ford: So help ME God.

Richard Nixon 1973:

President Nixon: So help ME God.

Understand, too, that before this time, the ENTIRE Oath was typically administered in the Second Person, and repeated back in the First Person — all of it prefaced with the phrase, “Raise your right hand, and REPEAT after me”.

And yet none of those oaths were administered with, “So help you God,” delivered as a question.

For example:

John F. Kennedy 1961:

Chief Justice: So help YOU God.
President Kennedy: So help ME God.
Official Transcript

CONTINUED…

link   
However, Chief Justice Roberts administered all four Oaths to Obama in the first person, Obama repeated each line back in the first person, and after the Oath had concluded, Roberts asks for an affirmation in the SECOND person, with the inflection of asking a question. Obama affirmed in the FIRST person.

The fact is, each time Obama took the Oath, it was followed with an affirmation to a religious test, making each attempt Unconstitutional. This is unprecedented as best as I can confirm.

So, I am not convinced Obama ever took a legal Oath. Roberts did not have to deliver the phrase as a question and it was out of the norm for him to do so.

Chief Justice Roberts’ inflection and his overriding decision to follow the Oath with an Affirmation — he knew what he was doing.

Obama’s head-nods in affirmation — he knew what he was doing, too.

And the official transcripts showing that darned question mark. Officially the record is supposed to show that Chief Justice Roberts did not administer a Constitutional Oath and Obama never took a Constitutional Oath.

Yet, no one is ever supposed to have noticed. That’s what I suspect.

And I wonder, “Why?”

If Obama never took a legal Oath, that means Joe Biden qualified to take it. Perhaps, he even did so behind closed doors.

And perhaps, Joe Biden has already served two terms as President and could not run for election, this year.

Yes, it’s a wild conspiracy theory, but I think it has some merit.

How will Chief Justice Roberts administer Hillary Clinton’s Oath?

How will Tim Kaine’s Oath be administered?

And, what if this wild conspiracy theory is true?

(END)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Throwing a log on the fire, popping popcorn. 😊

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
A logical thinker wouldn't think this.

Rolls eyes.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Interesting theory, however, Im not sure the use of the word 'God' indicates any PARTICULAR religious test, as the language of The Constitution prohibits, rather a quite generic one.

Like you said though, he was apparently free to decline with a "no" in response to that question. I dont think it could be used to deny him the office. Although it would piss off the religious folk im sure.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Pretty sovereign citizen-esque interpretation of the law.

All the clause states is that no person can be forced to adhere to a religion or religious doctrine as a condition of taking office.

The oath is what the oath is. Once the oath is repeated and affirmed, the oath is affirmed. The president (who after taking the oath is now the president) has the option of adding a prayer or reference to god at the conclusion at the oath. The manner of that prayer has no bearing whatsoever on the oath itself.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Interesting theory, however, Im not sure the use of the word 'God' indicates any PARTICULAR religious test, as the language of The Constitution prohibits, rather a quite generic one.

Like you said though, he was apparently free to decline with a "no" in response to that question. I dont think it could be used to deny him the office. Although it would piss off the religious folk im sure.

"God" plus the question mark = religious test.

As an atheist, I would not be able to affirm my oath with that question.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Pretty sovereign citizen-esque interpretation of the law.

All the clause states is that no person can be forced to adhere to a religion or religious doctrine as a condition of taking office.

The oath is what the oath is. Once the oath is repeated and affirmed, the oath is affirmed. The president (who after taking the oath is now the president) has the option of adding a prayer or reference to god at the conclusion at the oath. The manner of that prayer has no bearing whatsoever on the oath itself.

It is unlike any Oath I have found.

The question had no place as an affirmation of the Oath.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Well, it is a bit late to do anything about it.

To what end was this possible conspiracy perpetrated?

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Interesting thread here... MotherMayEye I always enjoy reading your posts and threads - this one was intriguing, but I do think he in fact was officially POTUS, even though there are some interesting details regarding the oath procedure, as you pointed out with so much detail.

Thanks for putting this together and sharing your theory with us.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

To what end, I do not know.

But I thought maybe you guys might enjoy a break from the current election 'conspiracy theories.'

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Mother of God...what did I just read.

Here, let me help you out.

When taking an oath, it only matters what the oath taker says...not the person administering the oath. It was not a "religious test", it was just the way Roberts delivered the oath.

Sometimes, words are just words.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Urantia1111

"God" plus the question mark = religious test.

As an atheist, I would not be able to affirm my oath with that question.

For the love of....God.

It's not a religious test.

And if you were taking the Oath, you would opt not to have that clause in the oath if you were an atheist.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I think you are being needlessly pedantic. Every single one of those oaths had a "So help me God" at the end. You're claiming a subtle difference between them that means Obama did not REALLY take the Oath of office. I agree the phrase shouldn't be there, myself, but it is a ceremony, a ritual, that marks the transition of power to a duly elected President that did, in fact, receive more than 270 electoral college votes and did, in fact, WIN the election, which was officially certified. Legally speaking, that's all that needs to happen.

This is not at all unusual. For example, the marriage ceremony. Is it the fact you said, "I do" and the preacher said, "I now pronounce you man and wife.' what creates an official marriage? Legally speaking, no. Signing the paper and having it recorded does. THAT is what officially creates a "marriage" and all it legally entails. The ceremony itself is a ritual that tends to make people feel good--especially if they are religious and it's a 'in the eyes of God' thing to them.

Just as an historical note, the only President to take office who refused to "swear" an oath was Herbert Hoover, who was a Quaker and could not "swear." So he said the word "affirm" instead.

As to your theory, my guess is it would receive little support from legal and constitutional scholars.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

(END)

I personally dig your wild theories.

So on the big "if"

I would suspect then, that on a technicality, Obama could swoop in and save America from Trump and Clinton, because "technically" he was never President so would still qualify to be president. And once he was re-sworn in, correctly this time, he would write an executive order holding up all his current executive orders that would other wise be null and void because he was never president. Then the Obama Empire would continue.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Well, you are wrong about that. It matters very much how the Oath is administered. If you would take the time to research that a bit, you would know that.

And you can save your nasty tone.

The words, "So help me God," at the end of the Oath of Office have been deliberated since Washington was president.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I am saying Roberts delivered the line as a question. That is the difference.

I can find no other Justice that did this.

ETA: And, in fact, Joe Biden's Oath was not administered that way either.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join