It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Takei Nails What’s So Dumb About Trump’s ‘Rigged Election’ Gibberish

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
MORE rigging here..www.tmz.com...

That's not election rigging. Even if it's true (this is TMZ we're talking about here), it shows media bias, not voter fraud.

In my opinion, media bias is a legitimate topic of debate. The idea that there is widespread voter fraud simply is not -- as there is no evidence for it.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

If its a real Trump tape.

How is it rigging?

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

True, the court's action in that case, while dubious and clearly politically motivated, isn't voter fraud. If we speak in general terms about "rigging" an election, there were widespread reports of all kinds of shady tactics--voter intimidation, ballots being tossed out (including a large amount in Florida at the order of then-governer Bush), the infamous "dimple-chad," etc.

Speaking in more narrow terms, for the GOP, voter fraud is typically a euphemism for suppressing the vote of a particular demographic. From what I can tell, true instances of voter fraud in the strictest sense of the term are rare.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
What exactly did this guy nail? He can't even grasp the simple concept that this isn't about Trump. The system is utterly broken. I don't know how much more evident that could be if it was wiggling on our faces - which it practically is.

All I can say about this election cycle is everyone is getting precisely what they deserve.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

That's not election rigging. Even if it's true (this is TMZ we're talking about here), it shows media bias, not voter fraud.

In my opinion, media bias is a legitimate topic of debate. The idea that there is widespread voter fraud simply is not -- as there is no evidence for it.

How fast do you think a legitimate (or not) Hillary tape would be put up?

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MagicCow

Internment camps will be a reality - where do you think we're going to put those incoming immigrants for their patriotic evaluations?

We are going to send them right the fock back to the country they came from, until they can come here legally.

He did say he would kill the families of people even suspected of being a terrorist.

He said he would go after known family members of suspected terrorists.

I wonder if that will extend to domestic terrorist as well. I am aware off at least 3 "patriots" that planned to murder somali families.

You know what? You're right.

And that is exactly why we must enforce stricter immigration policies in this country. If we just let all these unvetted migrants/refugees into our country we are creating an environment that support the narratives of far right extremists.

It's just like when Obama & Malala said we have to stop the marginalization of muslims in the west in order to prevent the radicalization of muslims throughout the entire world.

So to follow Obama's logic on what breeds extremism, he needs to stop fueling the fire of these right wing extremists by securing our borders.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

We can't follow Obama's logic in this because his presidential run has come to an end and it will be under Trumps new rhetoric and dogma that we will be led by - assuming he wins. Securing our borders is a sentiment I can agree with; but not one where I envision walls and the deportation of MILLIONS, to the backdrop music of WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS as many trump supporters imagine mein fuhrer will do.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MagicCow

Securing our borders is a sentiment I can agree with; but not one where I envision walls and the deportation of MILLIONS, to the backdrop music of WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS as many trump supporters imagine mein fuhrer will do.

We have a border. It is being exploited.

Why not build a wall?

We have millions of undocumented immigrants. Some of which are violent criminals subverting our population via narco terrorism.

Why not deport them?

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Singularly it isn't, in THIS context it's a system and an attempt at biasing.YOU yourself mentioned a forth wall.
A DNC octopuss tentacle.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Criminals should absolutely be deported if they are illegal here.
I'm not going to stand and rail against that - it's an obvious.
However there are MANY illegals here that have been here for decades.
That have created lives here - should we deport them as well?
Can it be mitigated by creating a process allowing those
individuals creating a path to naturalization?
We have millions of americans - some of which are violent
criminals subverting our ideologies using talking points
that create xenophobia disguised as patriotism.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Just remember folks.

In star trek all the smartest people joined the military and hung out far away from earth that was possible.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode
The evidence of voter fraud is clear. It is happening. That is rigging any angle one looks at it. It does not matter if it is small or large scale. Rigging is rigging and in some districts all it takes is a handful of votes to tip the scale.

Anyone who thinks it's not a big deal is being obtuse about the entire topic. It's a problem. No political willpower to stop it. An ID card could help but that idea has been s*** on . Fingerprints would be the best coarse of action. Get everyone in the system. This could be done very easily, even with absentee ballots. A small fingerprint kit enclosed. Too easy.

Something like 10 cases of voter impersonation have ever been found. No matter how much Trump says rigged or Guiliani says dead people vote, it is simply not true.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: Byrd

Another celebrity who's opinion about politics is completely irrelevant.

Hey George!

No. One. Cares.

Trump is a celebrity, not a politician (so preach his followers). So why exactly is anyone listening to him?

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
Hey George Takei was... number 5 ?, William Shatner is numero 1

I do confess I'm a Trekkie and have been in capt. Kirk's audience
and the guy is amazing, nice and a darn good entertainer.

Takei has the largest internet presence. That is probably why this is important here. As we are on the internet.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Greggers

How fast do you think a legitimate (or not) Hillary tape would be put up?

If Hillary had a video where she was talking about using her power and influence to grab women by the junk without waiting for permission, that stuff would be all over the news in three seconds flat.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

If Hillary had a video where she was talking about using her power and influence to grab women by the junk without waiting for permission, that stuff would be all over the news in three seconds flat.

Pfft.

No it wouldn't. It would break on Twitter first, then get censored. Then it would get picked up by Breitbart and probably get posted here on ATS. Then eventually Fox would pick it up and THEN and only THEN would the other MSM be shamed into having to cover it.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

So Fox news isn't part of the MSM??

Oops, my bad. Please disregard this question. Read it so quickly I skipped over the "other" part. Sorry about that.
edit on 19-10-2016 by Gandalf77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Just remember folks.

In star trek all the smartest people joined the military and hung out far away from earth that was possible.

I'm thinking a nice vacation on Vulcan would be ideal for awhile.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

They sure are. And they're a total joke. But right now they're consistently the first network in the MSM to break the Wikileaks news.

I was just illustrating the chronology of what would happen in Greggers' hypothetical situation.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Good point. My apologies for misreading that.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join