It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FredT has almost a half-million points!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
? How does one submit a story to ATSNN?

Too late. FredT got it.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
I'm planning on selling some of my points on E-bay. Will the mods please stand ready to transfer them to the member I designate once payment is recieved?

Just over 32,000 points, whats the reserve?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Submit news is one of the two yellow links just below the ATS banner at the top of the page. It's really self expanatory. You'll need to hunt down an online source for your report. Going through the most recent AP releases is a good way to locate something you learned about elsewhere.

As for my point reserve... if I could I'd sell every one of them. I stopped caring about them in my first couple of months I was here.
If I get a high volume of quality responses to my threads, especially from members who I respect, that's real affirmation.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Unfortunatly,
FredT gets far too many points from me as im constantly getting sucked into threads he created because of "objectivity issues" i have with some of his postings. Ive contributed to feeding the monster (just jesting)

Apparently one of the other MODs is questioning Freds seemingly copying/stealing thread topics and starting the same idea as his..(as i read on at least 2 other threads today)..LOL
Perhaps this explains so large a point total.....point scabbing thru duplication of threads from other ATS posts to ATSNN.

Dont let the points go to your heads people...A person could post crap to start a thread just to bait people into responding to shoot it down...generating points the whole time for the poster. How "valuable" are those points? Heck you get points for posting in a thread you created....just make a thread and talk to yourself over and over...LOL
(warning....MODS frown on BOTH such tactics, so dont try this at home kiddies) But just pointing out that points arent all their cracked up to be...dont be affraid to mentally duke it out with someone with a lot of points.

WOW, negative points....ouch! Until today ive never seen that one before...someone give the person some points eh?

[edit on 24-1-2005 by CazMedia]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Caz, I will agreee with you in one item. Points are meaningless for moderators. Now in regards to you charge of points scabbing? What exactly are you refering too? Other than just baiting for baitings sake. if I post a duplicate to ta thread that alread exists on ATSNN the editors will either punt it to an appropriate ATS forum, or trash it if one also exists there. Thats how things work. Recall if you will that the same story can exist on both ATS and ATSNN at the same time. Also note, how many ATS threads start after the ATSNN story hits? Considering that I average say 10-15 stories a day, 20+ one night
, what exactly are you looking for?

Also, in case you misses the thread, moderators can and do have opinions. Just like you are not shy about yours, I am not shy about mine. Thats kind of the whole point here on ATS eh? Be rather dull if we all just agreed on anything.

My summaries of the news story itself are free of bias and if not I invite you to u2u if you feel otherwise. The commentary section is just that, MY OPINION of the news.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Who cares about points?

Just show up and argue your point and have fun, thats what its all about

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
With as many points as youve gotten, your bound to find a harsh critic in the house somewhere.

Trust me Fred,
I wont hold back and know neither would you...
and YES thats exactly why i come here, for the diversity of opinion.

I was in slight error, the other person alleging your copping of thread ideas is NOT a MOD, but lists as a writer....
Not to get between you 2, but check your fermi2 reactor shutdown thread,

Valhall

Well, it appears that once again, we have FredT copping other member's topics for ATSNN topics.

and your secret unit thread
Valhall

I personally would have appreciated you contributing this to my recent news article on the SSB.

Just stating my observations....I too have noticed certain seemingly duplicate, or shall we say, paralell threads occuring at similar times on different sub boards of ATS.
Again, not judging, just stating observations, which others seem to have noticed as well.

I have not taken notice of what post hits first however, so indeed, the chicken could have come before the egg, or vice versa.

[edit on 25-1-2005 by CazMedia]

[edit on 25-1-2005 by CazMedia]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
You accuse Fred of possibly manipulating the system to generate a greater amount of points for himself:

Just stating my observations....I too have noticed certain seemingly duplicate, or shall we say, parallel threads occurring at similar times on different sub boards of ATS.
Again, not judging, just stating observations, which others seem to have noticed as well.

I have not taken notice of what post hits first however, so indeed, the chicken could have come before the egg, or vice versa.

But then you admit you really don’t care too much about the system:

and YES that’s exactly why i come here, for the diversity of opinion.

So I’m wondering why be a hypocritical hypocrite here?

It’s all gravy under the bridge...lol…Nothings going to change anyways…

It’s kinda like…um…
www.dubyasworld.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Congratulations FredT,

I believe the accumulation of points of 1/2 million shows what a dedicated ats member and moderator you are. I always check out your news stories. Sometimes I don't agree with your take on the story, but you always have a point worthy of consideration.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Enron,
Can you make that picture say "Because CazMedia Says so" and put it back up?

I love it as it is, because that pretty much is the way i see it and the way Bush sees it to...
Translated, "do something or become nothing"

I didnt know there were liberals in the capitol of a proud southern state
you must not be a native floridian.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by CazMediaWhooo yah! Lets give some points to whoever started this kiss up fest!

OK, thanks Caz

I posted this because the amount of points he had accumulated caught me by surprise and I also wanted to give Fred some props for a job well done on ATSNN.

I'm one of the people who complains about duplicate threads but I think Fred is far less guilty of that than many other posters on this forum, especially when you concider the amount of threads he starts every day.
He very rarely duplicates News threads.

The comment about the nuclear post was a little off-base IMHO.
He didn't just copy and past the post by the other user.
He used a different news source and it's possible he got the idea for that story from another site.
On another forum that I'm a member of, I saw that same news item posted. That doesn't mean they ripped a post from here.
They've probably never even heard of this forum.

*sigh* I sure didn't think this thread would result in any arguments.
I guess any thread on ATS can result in a flame nowadays.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Well Fred, you know I like you, but apparently we're gonna have to take you out back and beat you up just because you're not the only one who submits breaking news. Would you like a blindfold?

To the point patrol:
1. If there was any evidence that somebody around here felt compelled to cheat for points I'd just feel sorry for them.

2. I feel even deeper sorrow for the kind of person who would feel threatened by such a thing.

3. Not everyone who brings up another persons accomplishments is greasing the wheels. I have no power to do anything for anyone around here, but every once in a while I get kudos. I suppose people are brown nosing me just incase I'm not kidding about running for congress some day? (and I'm not kidding about that by the way).

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:27 AM
link   
AceofBase laments, (while collecting points...LOL)

*sigh* I sure didn't think this thread would result in any arguments.
I guess any thread on ATS can result in a flame nowadays.

If you think making a statement of observation is flaming...
While I occasionally find cause to become involved with FredT, I dont find he is excessive in rhetoric nor "dual" posting. Yes MOD's have opinions too,(there was already a thread on that) but ive always said,
If you are a "leader", expect people to question your actions and motivations....or dont lead. Isnt that what MUCH of this political site is about? QUESTIONING AUTHORITY?

What i found amusing was 2 threads on the current top of the ATSNN forums list where another member was speaking about something i too had noticed but not commented on,
then I look to the board questions&business section and see this thread at the current top of the heap.
Looks like FredT is certantly getting around so to speak. Obviously with his points total, this would validate his active participation.

As FredT said and i commented on,

Points are meaningless for moderators.
The question of ideas bouncing from one ATS sub site/thread to another (and collecting points for "dupes") was one i was watching for after the ATS
olitics split from the main ATS.

What am i missing from one to the other, how often do i see duplicate or extremely similar threads? The reason is, splitting things didnt eliminate dupe threads, it seems to encourage them, i still see the SAME type of threads under "current affairs" and "political conspiracies" as i do on any of the "politics forums". What is the Difference?

It seems that people have been spread out as an ATS community, yet the same stuff seems on the surface appears to be going on, which makes me question (ALWAYS a damn question from you CAZ:@@
WHY was the split done at all? The biggest reason was to weed out the whiners and politico's from the theorists from what it seems, yet go read some of the posts in "current affairs" they easily could be over on the "politics" site or vice versa.

So FredT isnt being singled out by me for "points scabbing" as it can and is happening. i already said,

so im not sitting around tracking who posted first, just noticing some SEEMING, coinkydinks that i then quoted another as noticing as well.

When your as big of a "public figure" like FredT,
The spotlight follows you around.
Big Deal,
keep up the good work FredT, Ill bump into you again im sure!

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Vagabond
on your #2, who's threatened, sounds like a plan for points if your quick about "thread swapping" LOL

If your running for congress, put decriminalizing canibis on your stated agenda, you'll get my vote.
Say no new taxes,
seal the border,
stear away from sucking up to corporate contributions, dont become a corp-biatch lobbiest junkie!

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Wow, guess I'm an amateur compared to Fred and some others, hehe...

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

You have voted AceOfBase for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

I did this just to fry caz, but I'm sure at some point during the month Ace will post something WATS worthy, so I'm not worried about it.

From now on, whenever somebody complains about the point farming thing, let's applaud the person they complain about. =).

Just ribbin' ya caz. No problems.

As for my congressional career... I'm going to start a BTS thread later to lay out my platform. I'm thinking about promising people money and comfort.
I could do this one of two ways. A platform of Free Beer and Million-dollar minimum wage would do it. Alternately I could fight to bring state and federal funds into local infrastructure modernization (roads, powergrids, etc) to create jobs and make life a tad more comfortable.

I'm not legalizing drugs though. The CIA and KGB (oops I mean SSB!) need drugs for funding. If I legalize it and bring the cost down I will be shot.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia

If there are any issues with a reporters' actions on ATSNN, I'll be the one to take care of it. Believe me.
Don't be so critical, Caz. Fred is doing exactly what we expect of our reporters .... reporting the news. That's why they have the "Reporter" tag under their names.
And as has been the case for **over a year** now, there are allowed (and in many cases, expected) to be threads on both ATS and in ATSNN on the same subject. I don't know how many times I have to say that over and over. No one seems to be listening, and unneeded drama ensues.

Now, most importantly, Fred earned the points celebrated in the original point of this thread. He doesn't get paid to report news, none of us do! But it's a symbol, at least, of the work he puts into this project of ours. Instead of bitching about it, why not sit back and think "hey, this guy works pretty hard around here." ?

But I guess that isn't as much fun, is it?

*sighs*

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Banshee,
Can you tell Im back? I couldnt have done it without your gracious help and are FOREVER in your debt.

Yes, FredT is doing a fine job, and i agree that his points are both earned and reflect his serious involvment with ATS. I can only aspire to his level, let alone yours. I was just stating an observation.

You know i cant resist the urge to QUESTION EVERYTHING tho.
I'll try to keep my drama to a minimum in the future. (I cant promise :@@

But anything for you.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
*Frantically looks for BAN button in Freds Profile....*

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Keep it up FredT

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join