It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battle For Mosul Begins Oct. 16, 2016 Documenting Now

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
This is disturbing if true.

Moezx Al ‏@moezx
#Isis fighter captured in #Kirkuk has confessed saying that #turkish aircraft deployed them south of kirkuk near sari taba. #iraq #mosul.

At least they have been successfully repelling the ISIS counter attack

During the past 48 hours #Peshmerga killed about 107 #ISIL & destroyed 3 vehicle & captured 11 others in #Kirkuk.

edit on 10-22-2016 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

#Daesh has set on fire a sulfur plant near #Mosul, 4 ppl died & hundreds suffer breathing problems from toxic smoke. [photo by NYT] #الموصل

American forces deploy HIMARS system against IS positions outside of Mosul Occtober 21, 2016.

edit on 10-22-2016 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
This is some ferocious stuff right here man. It looks like Iraqi forces were on the receiving end unfortunately??

Oooohhhhh look at the money shot I got onthis screen grab! You can see the shell leaving the damn cannon. Brilliant!! So we got some nice Iraqi artillery laying some siege on ISIS positions, dozens of individual mortars, even a good shot of an MLRS firing rockets. Round it off with a convoy of police and militia forces proceeding on with their push.

And just because its soooo damn sexy, I grabbed this one too!

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
These two guys are firing at each other from mere feet and around a wall. Its a Peshmerga soldier vs ISIS militant.

Exploring another daesh tunnel.

An unfortunate friendly fire incident.

#Iraq PMF group Asa'ib Ahl al-Haq warns #US coalition not to make more "Mistakes" or they will retaliate.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Double standard : application of different sets of principles to similar situations.

edit on 25-10-2016 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: filled out

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke
Awesome F yes!' – Violent video of Mosul offensive shocks viewers

Well, they killed their enemy and survived by stopping an attempted suicide attack. i would be screaming # yea too.

Destroyed Convoy of ISIS in mosul tried to escape to Syria

Iraqi forces marching toward bloodbath with ISIS: Special report from the Mosul front lines

“The timing of this battle is political, not military,” Col. Abdullah Mirza, commander of the medical company
says diplomatically, refusing to speculate on the reasons the fight is taking place now.

When not quoted by name, Kurdish officers are much less circumspect. “It’s clear that we’re going to war now so that Obama can say he’s liberated Mosul before he leaves the White House,” says one. Many of them are calling the operation, which has not received an official name, "Operation Obama."

The role of the Americans in this battle isn’t always clear. Crossing the battlefields and barren plains are “the Ameriki” – teams of U.S. special forces whose uniforms without insignia are similar to the peshmerga’s. The Americans, who even carry Kalashnikovs instead of U.S.-made rifles, disappear into their vehicles the moment media cameras appear on the scene.

They stand out with their bush hats, immaculate weapons, new jeeps and armored vehicles. No one is sure of their exact objective and the role they’re playing against the Islamic State. The heavy lifting – clearing Islamic State fighters from thousands of streets and buildings of Mosul and the surrounding villages – can only be done by the local forces.
The enemy is also cloaked in mystery. When Islamic State fighters are captured alive, as often happens, it’s hard for their captors to identify them by name.

“ISIS takes away the identification papers and passports from all its fighters,” an Iraqi officer says. “When we interrogate them, many of them won’t give their names or say where they’re from, just ‘I’m from the Islamic State.’ From their accents, many of them are Sunni or Turkomen Iraqis. But we’ve captured quite a few Algerians, Tunisians and Moroccans, as well as quite a few Chechens from Russia. Also a few Europeans. We contact their governments to try to identify them.”

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
It seems the Shiite militias are sealing off Western Mosul in an effort to prevent daesh fighters from escaping.

Iraqi Shi'ite militias launched an offensive toward the west of Mosul on Saturday, an operation that will tighten the noose around Islamic State's Iraq stronghold but has alarmed Turkey and could inflame tensions in the mainly Sunni area.

A spokesman for the Shi'ite militias, known as the Hashid Shaabi (Popular Mobilisation) forces, said thousands of fighters "started operations this morning to clean up the hotbeds of Daesh (Islamic State) in the western parts of Mosul".

Turkey is displease and issues warnings. As if they have the final say so over what happens outside of their borders where they have no business deploying thousands of troops and tanks.

But their deployment close to the border with neighboring Turkey prompted a warning from President Tayyip Erdogan, who said Ankara aims to reinforce its troops on the frontier and threatened a "different response" for the militias if they "unleash terror" in Tal Afar.

Turkish troops have been training Sunni tribal combatants at an Iraqi camp northeast of Mosul, but a spokesman for the Shi'ite militias said earlier on Saturday the Turks were in no position to obstruct their advance.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Damn guys shot up an innocent taxi driver because they thought he was a bomber. But its a damn war zone and the man was not listening to instructions to sit and stop. Poor bastard, killers behind him, killers in front. Sometimes you cant o anything but die I guess.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

WTF is going on here!? I don't know because it is in a foreign language. Translate anyone??

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
ISIS: Reporting From The Front Lines.. The Liberation Of Mosul Is A Mini Documentary On The War Against The Islamic State In Iraq The Liberation Of Mosul.
Reporters riding with heavy assaults on daesh positions, and some stops to see how some IDP's are doing.

ISIS: The Battle For Mosul.. A Rare Look Inside ISIS Front Lines.. Real War
This video footage shows the battle of Mosul through the eyes of The Islamic State as they release their own video of war footage..

edit on 11-8-2016 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I missed this a few days ago. I have to respect the professionalism and courage shown by the Peshmerga. I can support them with the creation of their new state.
Peshmerga forces capture ISIS terrorist alive in Bashiq, #Mosul yesterday. "We are not [Shia] militias, we won't kill you, surrender!"

And also a couple days ago, some more US HIMARS in action.
American HIMARS rocket launcher firing during the #MosulOps (via @geopolitiquee)

edit on 11-14-2016 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
So this is a maniac driving his bomb on wheels into an Abrams tank. Personally, I think the tank probably survived it and the crew too, but I have no way of knowing. Usually shaped charges from propelled warheads are what kills a tank. I think outside explosion, probably it can handle.
Absolutely surreal scene when an Islamic State VBIED drives straight towards an Iraqi Army M1 Abrams and detonates its deadly load. #Mosul.

Here are Iraqi forces giving the press a tour of recently seize mortar production facility. These guys were working full time in an assembly line model pumping out explosives!

edit on 11-15-2016 by worldstarcountry because: video

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

A Kurdistan24 cameraman was shot while covering a firefight between Iraqi forces and Daesh.

Its dangerous to be media in a war zone.

The Urban battles are becoming intense now among civilian neighborhoods, people seeking shelter among all the war.

This is what everyone feared about battle of #Mosul, ISIS decided to fighting in houses & streets among thousands of innocent people

#Mosul 💔😔

edit on 11-18-2016 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Shout out to all the mechanics who maintain the equipment necessary to fight Daesh terrorists!

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This is a current map of the lines on the ground today.

intense clashes in @#Mosul's Tahrir neighborhood between #Iraq-i forces and #ISIS militants on Saturday morning. #MosulOffensive

I missed this on the 9th of November. It is the excavation equipment used to make their pesky tunnels.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Well, this was a coalition airstrike on targets around Mosul yesterday or this morning. Wounded civilians and some ... umm... well kibbles n bit if you get what Im saying.

uhhh, whoops I guess.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join