It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims and Christians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I have read so many things in comparison to Muslims and Christians. I have read alot about how Islam and Muslims tear the bible apart peice by peice and compare it to US society and ways of living.

It boggles how they concentrate on this so much, yet they dont clean up the way the Quran and the ways of Islam are being perverted for ideological ways to claim the reasons for war, jihad, attacks.

I am not trying to make an argument that Muslims are better than Christians or vice versa. But what I see and read, they focus their efforts on comparing the bible to our way of life. Point being, Why wont they teach and instill the true way of the Quran and Islam, help show those Muslims the way back.

Lets not go historical here, stick to today and the events going on, but you dont see Christians comitting acts of terrorism in the name of Jesus or God or saying this is Gods or Jesus's way and you will be awarded in Heaven for killing innocence and to flush eastern democracy out of our lands.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Not every muslim hates the bible and the U.S.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I'm not sure what kind of discussion you're after...

You have to remember that The muslim countries have a massive quantities of uneducated people. People that can't read a word. Therefore they can't read the Quran themselves. The religious power is heavily concentrated within the groups of religious leaders. Just like it was in Europe centuries ago.

You will clearly see that muslims living in western countries have some education and they don't blow themselves up.

I addition you have the Saudi racism... Wich functions the same way the German nazism did.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Actually, sometimes Christians do commit acts of terrorism in the name of Jesus. Think abortion clinic bombings. Killings of doctors who perform abortion. Obviously ,it is not on the scale of the WTC attacks, or the holy wars, but yes, Christians can be quite out there

I would imagine that the militant violent muslims are a small minority of the Islamic population. They are definitely the ones you see though

I am Christian, doesn't mean I agree with everything someone who calls themself a Christian does. I would bet many muslims would say the same(about muslims)

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Religious wakos and followers of Christ teachings are two different brands of poeple. You can't be a christian just because you say certain things. You must look at the way a person lives in order to tell if he's legit or not. True Christians will have been transformed by the power of the Holy Spirit as the bible states in the book of Acts chapter 1 verse 8. In this chapter Jesus said that the Holy Spirit will give his followers the power to be witnesses unto him.

This means that they will have the power to live out his teachings and follow his ways so that they can witness to the fact that he is alive and that he is the Son of God.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The IRA (Roman Catholic) conducted a fair amount of terrorism and killing based on killing differing religous people (Protestants) . Obviously secondary to being occupied by the British.

BTW the Bible actually could do with cleaning up as it only represents heavily editited and selected gospels. Gospels that tie in with the male-centric, sole conduit to God, Jesus being devine (when he never claimed to be) and highly eclectic mix of Pagan and Egyptian religous dates and symbology.

Its clearly not the true Christian teachings and has sparked more wars and killings than any other entity. Not excusing Islamic fundamentalists but we should clean up our own backyard before telling the neighbour to clean his.

[edit on 24/1/05 by subz]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I think the main point is that there are some people who will resort to terrorism no matter what is happening to their religion. Of course, with education, this WOULD be greatly reduced. I am not sure what you are suggesting mscbkc070904. Do you want the Quran to be taught properly so that people don't interpret it as terrorism? Great idea, but not likely to be put into practice on a large scale.
Tordenskiold is right in one way. Although most muslims CAN read the arabic script of the Quran, they have no idea what it means, which usually means they end up yammering verse after verse in poetic fashion instead of actually learning what it says. This leaves an open invitation for fanatic mullah's to misquote and mistranslate the Quran to further their own aims. In this way at least, education about the Quran would at least help the average muslim catch these errors when they are made.

top topics

join