It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scapegoat Irony

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
There was a powerful famous in ancient Israel known as Azazel. The only being for which Yahweh allows and even instructs the Israelites to sacrifice to.

English Bibles tend to render Azazel ''scapegoat" but the goat that was led out to the desert and pushed off the cliff at the day of atonement was the scapegoat, Azazel is the recipient of the scapegoat sacrifice and the reasons why are a mystery. He is said to be imprisoned in Dudael in chains upside down. The possible son of Lilith and either Samael or Semyaza.

Now the scapegoat is Satan because everything evil is his fault after 2000 years of demonic panic. He is associated with the goat ironically because of the Greek god Pan and not Azazel who has associations with goats.

Satan was originally obscure, after all Job is his most relevant appearance and there is no question he is obedient to Yahweh. He really doesn't deserve the blame for what Yahweh told him to do. It was Yahweh who first mentioned Job not Satan. When man sins it's not Satan's fault.

And though he is not the rebel Azazel or responsible for any of man's ills he is the scapegoat for all evil in the Christian world.

Literally anything from evolution to contraception is the work of Satan. Every demon known is considered a name for Satan who is an angel. Not rebellious.

Demons are the souls of the dead Nephilim in this scheme. The fallen angels are finished until judgement day. Satan works for Yahweh not against him.

And Satan didn't do it. Whatever it is.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Malocchio

Literally anything from evolution to contraception is the work of Satan.

So Satan created natural selection and prophylactics?

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Malocchio

Religion ....... pah! i'm out

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Interesting OP i always thought that God ''allowed'' Satan's test's againt's Job and yes was in charge as to how far satan could go...(been a long while since reading JOB)
as your post states,

Satan works for Yahweh not against him.

as i see it God is in charge of Satan and because of our free will as human beings, we can choose to love and follow God (as best we can, being imperfect) or to give into lack of trust in God...hating God..and such..

Mark 12:30-31

30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[a] 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”
Source

Satan or the great deceptor/deceivor within the confines of our free will can be a battle...loving God or hating God...defeating the satan within is the fight and one can only blame their self for falling prey to disobediance to what God wants for his faithful...which in my opinion is the love for God and each other...hate will never turn a soul over to God, IMHO.
1 Corinthians 13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Source
thanks for the OP...hope i kept on topic as i found much food for thought!

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Literally anything from evolution to contraception is the work of Satan.

So Satan created natural selection and prophylactics?

That's an interesting theory. Stay with it.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Making it seem like I am the one blaming Satan is...freaking bad manners.

The last words in my OP. Read them, "Augustus."

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

You fancy yourself something of a clever wise guy, huh?

Too bad you aren't funny or wise and I can guarantee as much as you think you are great and feel gitty making remarks on your computer you are no more than a common internet troll as far as I'm concerned.

Masonicus. Please.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Frankly your Original Post is a bit disjointed and not easy to follow. So who is then, demons?

Just trying to figure what type of invented dogma where playing with here.

edit on 16-10-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

So you are mad now and your gonna attack my thread topic.

Nice troll strategy!

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Frankly your Original Post is a bit disjointed and not easy to follow. So who is then, demons?

Just trying to figure what type of invented dogma where playing with here.

I don't see anyone else complaining that it's hard to understand. Maybe it's just you.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

So you are mad now and your gonna attack my thread topic.

Mad about what? You wrote it, you explain it.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I don't see anyone else complaining that it's hard to understand. Maybe it's just you.

Maybe it is just me since the whole demons/Nephilim mythology is way too contrived for me to put any substance towards. But then again, the thread had been up for awhile and it is kind of light in the reply department, so maybe more people gave it a pass for the same reason but were just not nice enough like me to let you know they did not understand the Original Post.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Frankly your Original Post is a bit disjointed and not easy to follow.

He's right, you know.

Who is Azazel really?

Are you saying Azazel fugged some shiz up, then got locked away for being a bad boy, and Lucifer got the bad rep?

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

There was a powerful famous in ancient Israel known as Azazel. The only being for which Yahweh allows and even instructs the Israelites to sacrifice to.

English Bibles tend to render Azazel ''scapegoat" but the goat that was led out to the desert and pushed off the cliff at the day of atonement was the scapegoat, Azazel is the recipient of the scapegoat sacrifice and the reasons why are a mystery. He is said to be imprisoned in Dudael in chains upside down. The possible son of Lilith and either Samael or Semyaza.

Now the scapegoat is Satan because everything evil is his fault after 2000 years of demonic panic. He is associated with the goat ironically because of the Greek god Pan and not Azazel who has associations with goats.

my attempt at figuring out the goat symbol in Judaism...

In many cultures, horned animals are honored in the fall because the autumn is hunting season. The spirits of the animals, sometimes embodied in horned deities, were celebrated and placated. I don't know if this was true of ancient Israel, but that is one possibility for the origin of our fascination with horns. Another possibility is that horned animals represent the moon. All of the holidays at this season fall on a different phase of the moon. At this time when the nights become longer than the days, horned animals might have symbolized the transition to the dark half of the year.

It appears our ancestors had a long tradition of honoring goat-like spirit-animals, as the book of Leviticus tells us the Israelite sacrificial system was meant to replace the practice of offering meat to the se'irim or goat-beings. In II Chronicles 11:14 we hear about the Northern Kingdom of Israel (during the days when there were two Israelite kingdoms) worshipping se'irim. The depiction of the Adversary as a goat-like man may stem from the duel Israelite religion fought with the goat-beings.

How does Judaism transform the ancient symbolism of the goat or the ram? On both Rosh haShanah and Yom Kippur, the goat/ram is sacrificed as a substitute for us (of course, now we only use a text about an animal, not an actual animal, as a sacrifice). Through these stories, we symbolically offer our life-force to the Divine to be used for healing in the universe. This is part of the teshuvah or repentance process. The shofar, which is blown on Rosh Hashanah to represent Divine sovereignty, remembrance, and revelation, teaches us that our offerings need not be violent ones. We can dedicate ourselves to the forces of life through remembering our deeds and acting justly in the world. The ram and goat become, not only symbols of hunting, but symbols of righteousness. The nights of the holidays, with their bright moons, beckon us to search in our own inner wildernesses for our worthy inclinations, our path lit by the sky-torch of the Shekhinah. The hunt we engage in this autumn is a hunt for the knowledge of our true selves.

Good hunting to all of us.
source
steeped in pagan roots as i see it... very interesting stuff here..!
more on the "goat demons" or se irim,

The demons mentioned in the Bible are of two classes, the "se'irim" and the "shedim." The se'irim ("hairy beings"), to which the Israelites sacrificed in the open fields (Lev. xvii. 7; A. V. "devils"; R. V., incorrectly, "he-goats"), are satyr-like demons, described as dancing in the wilderness (Isa. xiii. 21, xxxiv. 14; compare Maimonides, "Moreh," iii. 46; Vergil's "Eclogues," v. 73, "saltantes satyri"), and are identical with the jinn of the Arabian woods and deserts (see Wellhausen, l.c., and Smith, l.c.). To the same class belongs Azazel, the goat-like demon of the wilderness (Lev. xvi. 10 et seq.), probably the chief of the se'irim, and Lilith (Isa. xxxiv. 14). Possibly "the roes and hinds of the field," by which Shulamit conjures the daughters of Jerusalem to bring her back to her lover (Cant. ii. 7, iii. 5), are faunlike spirits similar to the se'irim, though of a harmless nature. The (Job v. 23. A. V. "stones of the field"), with which the righteous are said to be in league—obviously identical with, if not a corruption of, the (Mishnah Kil. viii. 5), explained in Yer. Kil. 31c as "a fabulous mountain-man drawing nourishment from the ground" (see Jastrow, "Dict.," and Levy, "Neuhebr. Wörterb." s.v. )—seem to be field-demons of the same nature. The wilderness as the home of demons was regarded as the place whence such diseases as leprosy issued, and in cases of leprosy one of the birds set apart to be offered as an expiatory sacrifice was released that it might carry the disease back to the desert (Lev. xiv. 7, 52; compare a similar rite in Sayce, "Hibbert Lectures," 1887, p. 461, and "Zeit. für Assyr." 1902, p. 149).

source
Law of atonement...in OT purpose of the goat sacrifice?

“He shall take the two goats and present them before the LORD at the doorway of the tent of meeting. 8“Aaron shall cast lots for the two goats, one lot for the LORD and the other lot for the scapegoat. 9“Then Aaron shall offer the goat on which the lot for the LORD fell, and make it a sin offering. 10“But the goat on which the lot for the scapegoat fell shall be presented alive before the LORD, to make atonement upon it, to send it into the wilderness as the scapegoat.
11“Then Aaron shall offer the bull of the sin offering which is for himself and make atonement for himself and for his household, and he shall slaughter the bull of the sin offering which is for himself. 12“He shall take a firepan full of coals of fire from upon the altar before the LORD and two handfuls of finely ground sweet incense, and bring it inside the veil. 13“He shall put the incense on the fire before the LORD, that the cloud of incense may cover the mercy seat that is on the ark of the testimony, otherwise he will die. 14“Moreover, he shall take some of the blood of the bull and sprinkle it with his finger on the mercy seat on the east side; also in front of the mercy seat he shall sprinkle some of the blood with his finger seven times.

15“Then he shall slaughter the goat of the sin offering which is for the people, and bring its blood inside the veil and do with its blood as he did with the blood of the bull, and sprinkle it on the mercy seat and in front of the mercy seat. 16“He shall make atonement for the holy place, because of the impurities of the sons of Israel and because of their transgressions in regard to all their sins; and thus he shall do for the tent of meeting which abides with them in the midst of their impurities.
Source
so what i am gathering is, the sins or impurities of the people are placed upon the sacrifice and that satan is the choices we make...not a solid being to place blame...the sacrifice offering takes away our guilt and purifies us...so far as i have gathered...
thank you for this OP as it has given me much to contemplate...hope you don't mind my sharing what you inspired me to look up...!
edit on 16-10-2016 by peppycat because: more stuff

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Good work.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

thanks, i just added more, thanks to you and the OP...hope you don't mind because it makes my brain happy!

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Malocchio I knew it was either you or Maxi, what ever his name is, that started this thread.

why don't you show some scriptures no scapegoat was ever shoved off a cliff. He was left to wander in the wilderness.

The only place in scripture about the scapegoat is found in Levi Chapter 16, it is for Israel when they get into their land. so here they are.

Le 16:1 ¶ And the LORD spake unto Moses after the death of the two sons of Aaron, when they offered before the LORD, and died;
2 And the LORD said unto Moses, Speak unto Aaron thy brother, that he come not at all times into the holy place within the vail before the mercy seat, which is upon the ark; that he die not: for I will appear in the cloud upon the mercy seat.
3 Thus shall Aaron come into the holy place: with a young bullock for a sin offering, and a ram for a burnt offering.
4 He shall put on the holy linen coat, and he shall have the linen breeches upon his flesh, and shall be girded with a linen girdle, and with the linen mitre shall he be attired: these are holy garments; therefore shall he wash his flesh in water, and so put them on.
5 ¶ And he shall take of the congregation of the children of Israel two kids of the goats for a sin offering, and one ram for a burnt offering.
6 And Aaron shall offer his bullock of the sin offering, which is for himself, and make an atonement for himself, and for his house.
7 And he shall take the two goats, and present them before the LORD at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.
8 And Aaron shall cast lots upon the two goats; one lot for the LORD, and the other lot for the scapegoat.
9 And Aaron shall bring the goat upon which the LORD'S lot fell, and offer him for a sin offering.
10 But the goat, on which the lot fell to be the scapegoat, shall be presented alive before the LORD, to make an atonement with him, and to let him go for a scapegoat into the wilderness.

11 And Aaron shall bring the bullock of the sin offering, which is for himself, and shall make an atonement for himself, and for his house, and shall kill the bullock of the sin offering which is for himself:
12 And he shall take a censer full of burning coals of fire from off the altar before the LORD, and his hands full of sweet incense beaten small, and bring it within the vail:
13 And he shall put the incense upon the fire before the LORD, that the cloud of the incense may cover the mercy seat that is upon the testimony, that he die not:
14 And he shall take of the blood of the bullock, and sprinkle it with his finger upon the mercy seat eastward; and before the mercy seat shall he sprinkle of the blood with his finger seven times.
15 ¶ Then shall he kill the goat of the sin offering, that is for the people, and bring his blood within the vail, and do with that blood as he did with the blood of the bullock, and sprinkle it upon the mercy seat, and before the mercy seat:
16 And he shall make an atonement for the holy place, because of the uncleanness of the children of Israel, and because of their transgressions in all their sins: and so shall he do for the tabernacle of the congregation, that remaineth among them in the midst of their uncleanness.
17 And there shall be no man in the tabernacle of the congregation when he goeth in to make an atonement in the holy place, until he come out, and have made an atonement for himself, and for his household, and for all the congregation of Israel.
18 And he shall go out unto the altar that is before the LORD, and make an atonement for it; and shall take of the blood of the bullock, and of the blood of the goat, and put it upon the horns of the altar round about.
19 And he shall sprinkle of the blood upon it with his finger seven times, and cleanse it, and hallow it from the uncleanness of the children of Israel.
20 ¶ And when he hath made an end of reconciling the holy place, and the tabernacle of the congregation, and the altar, he shall bring the live goat:
21 And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send him away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness:
22 And the goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a land not inhabited: and he shall let go the goat in the wilderness.

23 And Aaron shall come into the tabernacle of the congregation, and shall put off the linen garments, which he put on when he went into the holy place, and shall leave them there:
24 And he shall wash his flesh with water in the holy place, and put on his garments, and come forth, and offer his burnt offering, and the burnt offering of the people, and make an atonement for himself, and for the people.
25 And the fat of the sin offering shall he burn upon the altar.
26 And he that let go the goat for the scapegoat shall wash his clothes, and bathe his flesh in water, and afterward come into the camp.

Sorry not one thing for a Gentile today. I will stick with the Lamb of God that taketh away the sins of the world.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

the name Azazel cannot be found any where in the preserved word of God, that should tell you something.

This is nothing more thant he Pseudo-interpretations of some cult leader because none of it is BIBLICAL.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

By him, for him and through him should have been enough to diminish Satan's power that he never had.

But despite everything being made for YHWH they somehow still believe that Satan works against YHWH and his father.

Satan works against us as temptation, we have freewill to choose what is right. Nothing can possess us and take away our freewill except mental illness.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

By him, for him and through him should have been enough to diminish Satan's power that he never had.

But despite everything being made for YHWH they somehow still believe that Satan works against YHWH and his father.

Satan works against us as temptation, we have freewill to choose what is right. Nothing can possess us and take away our freewill except mental illness.

Right on.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join