It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USS Mason Fired on Again Off Coast of Yemen

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
NBC News

The U.S. Navy destroyer USS Mason was fired on again in international waters off the coast of Yemen, but the ship deployed countermeasures and the vessel was not struck, two U.S. officials said.

The incident occurred late Saturday or early Sunday local time. At least one missile was fired, the officials said.

I guess our Tomahawk missile strikes were not entirely effective.
Waiting to see what our response will be.
Iranian Navy heading to that area and a Russian carrier heading to the Mediterranean, things are heating up.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I expect them to fire back.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Iran is playing a deadly game of chess.......

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

I expect them to fire back.

I would hope.
I don't expect the strikes to be overwhelming, as they should be.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Withdraw from the area and stop aiding Saudi Arabia's genocide against the Shia would be my suggestion. No more missile launches against US ships.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Iran is playing a deadly game of chess.......

I would imagine much of the world say his about the US given all the arms we supply to rebels around the world.
edit on 10/15/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
It's time to leave the Middle East and let it implode.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Those are international waters, why in the hell would you want us to cowar away in international shipping routes?

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: RedMenace16

Their presence is in support of the Saudi Autocracy.

The House of Saud and their tyrannical reign are not deserving of anyone's support.

Truly the hypocrisy of the US and those who rule her comes to light when one examines her foreign policy and allies. She claims to be in support of and the champion of human rights across the globe, yet aligns herself with one of the most backwards, barbaric and repugnant states on Earth.

Secularism is by no means a foreign idea to the people of the Arab world, yet the US seems totally dedicated to destroying it in favour of radical, monarchic Islamism.

One can be judged by the company they keep, and when it comes to the US and the Middle East the US keeps quite a sinister group of friends.

But hey, In a Republic the interests of the corporate class should render deaf any moral conviction, right?

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

I agree with you mostly. I once thought there were enough Arabs that wanted a secular society that it would work if given a chance. Egypt going Muslim Brotherhood in it's first free election, Iraq rapidly going sectarian, failure of secular rebels in Syria, and Turkey (not Arab, I know) going Erdogan all seem to show otherwise.

I wonder if the ship was in the area on normal patrol or specifically there to observe the
fightingor assist Saudi Forces

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: RedMenace16

I meant the Middle East in general. The shipping lanes need protected obviously.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

im almost certain we [the uS] are the catalyst for any implosion in the ME(or destabilization, over throwing regimes, bombings; cant think of a yer when we didnt drop bombs on a foreign nation... since WWII?).

i would fire until i dont see foreign warships off the coast of my country. imagine other naval warship 'off our coast' just 'patrolling' .

i wonder what the reason keeping people form seeing the fault in all of this...

its always them, never the instigator.
most are blinded by some egotistical, nostalgic pseudo-patriotism.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

If the us doesnt just fire on the site that fired on them and sanction yemen and its alies.... they will strike support infrastructure and forward positions. Hospitals, dams, power plants, government hq, shock and awe...

It will not go ignored they fired on a us vessel.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
imagine other naval warship 'off our coast' just 'patrolling'.

That's a reality every day. You just don't read about it in the newspapers.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Whats protocol. 12 hrs 24 hrs 48? 36? How long does yemen have to apologize give a bull# excuse and arrest some generals before the us turns them to glass. The vessel had to use defensive measures. The last missile attack would have never struck their targets... this was a direct threat to us sailors.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
here is my prediction for the outcome of the rebels in Yemen firing at our ship....

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
The conclusion of the "Tanker War" didn't end too well for the Iranian Navy...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Praying_Mantis

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Sounds like Iran went all cheap buying weapons with all the money Obama shelled out for them. Wonder if he got on the hot line and told them they could afford better ?

edit on 10/16/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Pulling the tail of a sleeping tiger will eventually cause it to bite back. It's incidents like this that start wars.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
If you engage yourself in a war, sometimes they actually shoot back. Go figure.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join