It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear war 'IMMINENT' as Russia tells citizens to find out where the closest bunkers are

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
How come Obama isn't telling US to locate OUR nearest bomb shelters?---Does he really want us to die?

The bomb shelters are reserved for the rich elite. No peasants allowed.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I wouldn't think anything of it because the Russians are expert at phyc games. However last week a Russian teacher in Utah suddenly changed from a friendly coworker, to a leave me alone I don't care if I know you person. He then Loaded on a jet and flew back to Russia. I got this info direct from a family member who works at that school.
I think they know they have the best cards on the table and that in the United states we have no real leadership. Our military has been shut down and the few advantages we have are already compromised.
I know we have a few aces up our sleeves, but who controls them for real, I don't know, and if so, do we have the courage or wisdom to use them if needed?
However if the true agenda is to depopulate the earth through war, those of us have not's are out of luck.
a reply to: Profusion

edit on bFriday32101410am102016-10-14T10:32:34-05:002016-10-14T10:32:34-05:00 by Blindmancc because: missing words

edit on bFriday35101410am102016-10-14T10:35:01-05:002016-10-14T10:35:01-05:00 by Blindmancc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
CALM down KIDS he's channeling Khrushchev...and it's a cold war.
We GOT these, if the white house GET'S out of the way.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Dont you love the fact russia has civilian bomb selters yet us in the west get sweet F all.
We just get to fry and die while our leaders cower in bunkers....

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I think Vlad is very clearly trying to get the people scared and fired up. We (the US) have effectively helped them destroy their house of cards economy and he's getting edgy.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

The USA is talking about military actions in Syria with a studied disregard for the fact that the Russians and the PRChinese are already there and waiting for provocation from the USA. This is not merely sabre-rattling. It is madness to pursue this course, and whoever is actually in control in Washington is clearly insane.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

How come Obama isn't telling US to locate OUR nearest bomb shelters?---Does he really want us to die?

Our bunkers are a joke and no longer prepped for nukes in any case.

It would take a concerted effort by civil services to get them ready to even try to support a few people for any length of time as the supplies they used to have have been let rot, and it's questionable how effective they would be.

Imagine the panic that would ensue if they decalred tomorrow that all the old bomb shelters needed to be refurbished and restocked?

Imagine what effect that would have on the election? Guess who's bloated carcass they are working very hard to try to drag across the finish line and then ask yourself again why they would ignore doing this just before the election.

They covered up the deaths of an ambassador and four brave Americans at the hands of terrorists preferring to blame it instead on spontaneous anger caused by an obscure YouTube video to save the last election. Do you really think any of us matter to them more than getting Hillary in the White House?
edit on 14-10-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

With help from the PRChinese buying Russian oil, the Russians have managed to work around the sanctions imposed after the occupation of the Crimea (Krym). I have seen many propaganda moves by the Soviets and then the Russian government, and this announcement to the people is not one of them. They are clearly concerned that those in control in the States intend nuclear war.

Now can Putin and his political party use this to their advantage? Of course they would... they are politicians after all, and the first rule of politics is to have a strategy to capitalise on every crisis to move your agenda forward. But is this merely manufactured propaganda simply for a political purpose? No. Putin's elections are behind him at the moment, and that is one of the indicators that this is a deadly serious business as far as the Russian government is concerned.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueShaman

At least you have bomb shelters, in the UK we got rid of them all.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

You only have bunkers for the political class and the wealthy. The rest of your civil defence instillations and bunkers are either relics of the Cold War or they are non-existent. The Russians and the PRChinese build bunkers to protect all of their citizens. I am certain the political class and the wealthy in those countries have better bunkers for themselves, but at least they did build them to protect their citizens. The PRChinese have even built empty cities in the middle of nowhere, and one of the opinions is that they are intended for the survivors of nuclear war that would take out the centres of major cities.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

We still have one in Lincoln. It was one of the last ones completed and is now used by the emergency planning team. Unfortunately they found it a "bit stuffy" so cut a huge hole in the wall to get air con installed. You couldn't make it up!

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: blackrabbit1

The bunkers still exist. You can see signs for them if you look. They're in most older buildings.

But they wouldn't be supplied.

My dad remembers that they had a large can of peppermint candies that someone brought in to where he worked when the cold war was winding down. They weren't replacing the supplies in the shelters, so rather than waste them, people were simply scavenging what was left and taking it home or to other places if they wanted to.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Dont you love the fact russia has civilian bomb selters yet us in the west get sweet F all.

The US in fact does have nuclear shelters for civilians in large cities. Basements of buildings that are 10 stories offer adequate protection. Buildings higher than 10 stories have "safe zones" on the middle floors that do not face the blast ( by virtue of construction requirements) and are at least 1 mile from fallout zones.

Civil defense now falls under homeland security.
edit on 14-10-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

How many of those buildings are going to withstand the blast and not pancake like the Twin Towers though?

I can't think of much worse than going into a shelter, possibly surviving the blast, only to die with a mass of people trapped under a ton of radioactive rubble as your food and water and maybe air runs out ... in the dark. Maybe the blast would have been better?

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The US in fact does have nuclear shelters for civilians in large cities. Basements of buildings that are 10 stories offer adequate protection. Buildings higher than 10 stories have "safe zones" on the middle floors that do not face the blast ( by virtue of construction requirements) and are at least 1 mile from fallout zones.

That is perhaps the most bizarre assertion I have read in many, many years. Those basements are not reenforced to handle the total collapse of the buildings above them. They are not stocked with food, water, and medical resources. They do not have secure air systems to protect those in them from fallout.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

That would be too much government interference, ya know.

We're independent pioneers, everyone for themselves.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

That would be too much government interference, ya know.

We're independent pioneers, everyone for themselves.

*snort* That is national defense and falls under the COTUS.

It is a similar function to civil defense shelters for tornados or organizing evacuation routes and shelters for hurricanes.

Those are legitimate government functions, and so are civilian fallout shelters.

But just as the levees in New Orleans are neglected and the funds for it misappropriated and abused by the political appointees and just like we know that and EMP attack would be devastating to our national grid, our Washington bureaucrats would rather fund studies on why lesbians tend to be overweight and unhappy through the CDC than harden our electrical grid or build adequate fallout shelters and stock them.

After all, overweight lesbians are miserable and let everyone know about it everyday, but nuclear war is always something that will happen on someone else's watch. Politicians tend to placate the ones who will immediately vote for them, and this is the danger of greedy special interests always voting only in their own self interests without learning how to think about the country and everyone else around them.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Not fear mongering?

Nuclear war 'IMMINENT''

In caps no less. You claim you're just 'reporting the news'.

What news? Nothing 'new' about it.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I have to wonder when the people of Russia revolt against the government run media and government. I bet the USA would help the people of Russia.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I'm gonna build a shelter. It will be the biggest and bestest shelter ever. I know this because I know the best shelter builders around, in fact people say "wow, you know all the best shelter builders".

AND......and......biggest, I'm gonna make Putin pay for it!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join