It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Locker room banter

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: reldra

Right?

This is really kind of interesting. It's exposing the true colors of many ATS members that I once held in fairly high esteem - or at least gave a reasonable amount of respect -

that respect has now disappeared. ANY PERSON male or female or in between who speaks like that is not worthy of respect.
I'm glad you are here.

ty
And I am surprised how many times I have typed this and how many times some of the same few come back to say this is sort of 'normal talk'. They are in the minority. Some type of world where this is ok and that somehow 'all of our friends talk like this, but conveniently when we are not around'. LOL

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

a reply to: StallionDuck

You are wrong. My husband is appalled by the idea, and he has all of his life defended women against such degrading talk. With "manly" physical consequences being delivered to the mouths of trash-talking scum.
He believes every woman should be treated like a lady.

Chivalry, you know. You know what that means? Gentlemanly behavior? Class? Education?

I suppose you think it's cool to have a giant scrotum hanging off of your trailer hitch too (since you can't get away with letting it just dangle out of your trousers, yet).

Ow My Balls indeed. Trash.

lol sure. I believe you
really...

You can't paint me for telling the truth. No balls hanging off my hitch. I don't own a truck. I think that's just a lil too country for me.

But hey... That's what people like you do. You paint someone a hillbilly because you instantly go to "You gotta be a hillbilly idiot if you think"... What does that tell you about yourself? To me, you're the worst kind of person because of that trait. I get it... It's a defensive mechanism. It just shows that you know I could be right. What your hubby tells you and what he really does could be totally different things. I'm not saying your hubby isn't a "perfect gentlemen"... well... Yeah I don't believe that. But hey... Anything is possible, right? What people say and defend themselves with isn't always true and a lot of the times, it probably wont be. People just like to pretend. The honest ones are usually called Aholes and Jerks.

George Carlin for the win!

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I think they are over-looking the disrespect and illegal grabbing of p****es in his chat. One guy brought up down & dirty Christian girls which has nothing to do with the chat.

I believe there is just confusion.

edit on Thu Oct 13 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: IAMTAT
But trumps defense is not exaggeration, I explained this in my OP.

He probably really did (does) those things

He said it was locker room talk. 'Locker room talk' is by nature an exaggeration. Common knowledge.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I think they are over-looking the disrespect and illegal grabbing of p***s in his chat. One guy brought up down & dirty Christian girls which has nothing to do with the chat.

I believe there is just confusion.

Yes, they are purposely overlooking it.
edit on 13-10-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Remember this old saying.........Sticks & stones can break my bones.....but WORDS will never hurt me.a reply to: reldra

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

Do you really talk about how it would be enjoyable to hurt women when it's just you and your guy friends?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Do you really talk about how it would be enjoyable to hurt women when it's just you and your guy friends?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

link   

link   
a reply to: Orionx2

Not my fault that you don't understand what it means to be cultured.

Do you enjoy arts, music, literature, exploration, expanded cultural awareness? Do you know what literature is? Are you comfortable around people from other countries or people in your own vicinity who don't use gutter talk in casual conversation?

It's because you were poorly educated. Trash begets more trash.
If all one can do for amusement is think about genitalia and make crude remarks about sexually assaulting women, one is in a veritable desert of real 'class.'

But sure, I can stoop to that level and say that a guy is an asshole, or behaving like a dick. I bet you get that part, don't you! Yes, you do.
That's about as vulgar as I allow myself to get.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

LOL!! Stop pushing the send button!!

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

It's a stupid saying, and it's been proven to be a lie.

WORDS are very hurtful indeed. A person who hears nothing but insults or degradation, shame and humiliation becomes angry....even homicidal...even serially homicidal.

So watch your mouth.
Some people will get offended and they might go off the deep end and let you have it with sticks and stones and bullets and bombs.

link   

a reply to: scraedtosleep

LOL!! Stop pushing the send button!!

I sent that same question to 5 different people though. lol
I wanted to see how many of them that are saying that it's normal for a man to talk about hurting a women but would all so say they are not one of those kind of guys.
edit on 13-10-2016 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

link   

I think they are over-looking the disrespect and illegal grabbing of p***s in his chat.

He said you can do anything, and made the p***y grab remark as an example of something that is obviously wrong that you could do if your famous. His comments make it clear that he knows that it is wrong.

He didn't say he "did" it. He said with the right amount of fame you "could".

He must be dealing with gold diggers on a daily basis, if anything he may have come up with the only foolproof test.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I grew up in a time when children were taught to be respectful to all. As a young man I was also taught by my father to be polite and considerate to Ladies, but I also learnt that guys would banter in a certain way when the ladies were out of earshot. Times have changed a lot and men are very careful about what they say even in all male company unless they are absolutely sure what they say will not be used against them for social/career point scoring. I do not know you or any of the other posters on this thread so I couldn't say if the they are deserving of respect or not but is my way to behave as if they are unless they prove otherwise.

You seem to be a respectable person and I will respond you in the same manner as you respond to me. I joined today for discussion and I am enjoying it so far and I hope you are too.

Kind regards. reply to: BuzzyWigs

link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

I think they are over-looking the disrespect and illegal grabbing of p***s in his chat.

He said you can do anything, and made the p***y grab remark as an example of something that is obviously wrong that you could do if your famous. His comments make it clear that he knows that it is wrong.

He didn't say he "did" it. He said with the right amount of fame you "could".

He must be dealing with gold diggers on a daily basis, if anything he may have come up with the only foolproof test.

He said, "And they let me."

link   

I was brought up not to do that sort of thing -- but I have certainly been told I was a snob. And no doubt people have used the "c" word about me because I have very high standards of appropriate behavior.

Sorry - it was my education. It was my middle-class parents teaching us manners and how to behave with CLASS.

Bull $#!%

You sit there and say it's all about education and morals and manners and whatever. Look here missy... I'm educated. I have a career. I had a very strict upbringing. I was raised with morals and manners. I STILL have them. But have I had some loud lude conversations with my buddies at some point in my life? You bet your arse.

I'm polite, I open doors, (car doors included) and I'm a soft speaking gentile soul. That's what a "lady" sees. That same lady is just as polite in public but when we're behind closed doors.... Yeah. Imagination land kicks in. You can be however you want to be in your world. I quite enjoy mine. You can't judge anyone but yourself. So stick with that.

You might call me a jerk, but I'd just say "See You Next Tuesday" in retaliation. If you judge me, it's only fair that I judge you right back.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join