It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Man Bun. Just no.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
If there was some fashion statement that made you stick a pencil through your nose, I swear, there would be idiots lining up to buy pencils and sharpeners.
Navigating through the airport yesterday, I witnessed several "man buns". If both men weren't significantly larger than I, I may have said something like, "wow, that looks quite goofy", just loud enough for them to hear, but thinking better of it, I remained silent and decided to just tell ya'll about it.

A fad emerged where men would wear pants that fall down to your knees. Now lots of teens and twenty-somethings are walking around looking just like 40 year old men who lost their ass. But these punks still have an ass. The joke will be on them in 30 years when they try in vein to keep a set of shorts from falling to your knees.

And turn down that damn music!!!! OH #, I turned into my parents..........

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Who cares, it's just hair. My partner has shoulder length hair, and when he needs to keep it out of his face, up into a bun it goes.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I saw a guy sporting a man bun the other day and was also wearing what I could only describe as "skinny shorts" with the cuffs rolled up to about two inches above the knee. Of course he had a stringy beard, too. I'm glad I don't remember what was on his torso.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Doing it out of necessity is fine--for a fashion statement, I can't stand it (but I also don't care who wears it...it's not my head).

I have a shaved head, and so when I work out, I have to wear a do-rag to help keep sweat from falling into my eyes and all over the floors and equipment that other people will be touching.

I certainly wouldn't wear said do-rag as a fashion statement, though.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
I'm glad I don't remember what was on his torso.

Your cheek?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

sorry, I'm old school. If you are a man, and you put your hair in a bun, I'm going to laugh at you. (again, your size has a large impact on how loud I may make said laugh)

My advise to the dude is get a haircut if it's bothering you.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

WHY??? Why do you care how some guys wear their hair???

I love a man bun.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
I'm glad I don't remember what was on his torso.

Your cheek?

eww.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It looks dumb.

It's not so bad on a black guy with the kinky hair, not looking so smoothed back. I've seen some that at least had a 'style' going on.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I love a man bun.

How about a mankini? Or mandals? Would you still love me if I had a better murse than yours?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Lol, my man bun wearer is also "old school"! He's just not old, and has yet to harden to the point where he cares about other peoples hair.

link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
...and has yet to harden to the point where he cares about other peoples hair.

The only time I care about other people's hair is when it is in my food.

link   

WHY??? Why do you care how some guys wear their hair???

I love a man bun.

You know, I am not surprised at all to hear that. It's a rant BTW, I am not required to be PC at this point in time.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I wear my hair long in a bun, not because of trends or hipsters,.... but because it is the preeminent hairstyle of my forefathers. If you look to the pre-colonial cultures of Southeast Asia and India, you will see that we have worn our hair like this for millennium. It was the hair worn by royalty, nobility, and even the great Buddha.

I am saddened by the sudden mainstream trend-chasing hipster interest in the hairstyle, because those who do not know me or my culture think that I am one of the "trendy".

link   

...and has yet to harden to the point where he cares about other peoples hair.

The only time I care about other people's hair is when it is in my food.

Sometimes I just pick it out...

link   

I abhore fashion for what it implies to me...and that is a need for attention, a lack of security in oneself and a dependence on externals to fortify ones sense of self.

But hey, if you ask my wife Im wrong about everything

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Sometimes I just pick it out...

Too lazy, can't be bothered.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
OK? My father had hair as long as mine until he joined the Military, because we are Anishinaabe... It's not a "Fad" its how you wear your hair when its long, and you want it off of your neck. Men have had long hair for centuries, regardless of their nationality etc....

There is nothing wrong with men having long hair, and there is nothing wrong with those men putting it into buns.

You may not like the way it looks, that's fine, don't grow your hair out, and don't wear it in a bun.

What is the point of opening your mouth to antagonize someone else about their hair? You don't know them, they don't know you, it'd be more convenient for both of you to just leave them alone.

I understand this is a rant, but that's my response.

just my 2 cents.

Hope you have a less judgmental day.

-Alee

edit on 10/7/2016 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/7/2016 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I love a man bun.

How about a mankini? Or mandals? Would you still love me if I had a better murse than yours?

what's next, the "bro" for your moobs?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
what's next, the "bro" for your moobs?

So last year.

Did I ever show you mine? I bedazzled the eff out of it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join