It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump's attorney said he had little interest in the tax code

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

He's like a bigger version of Kim Jong Un
That's it in a nut shell. But if that is so, it makes Trump voters just like the North Korean people and everyone knows they are brainwashed and hence they will not admit that they to are brainwashed and then go about making up the most irrational justifications for him.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Vasa Croe

$6 billion in contracts that couldn't be accounted for.

Nope.

they couldn't come up with the proper documentation to show where the $6 billion went.
Still, nope.

What did HRC hide in 30k deleted emails, immunity deals and destroyed laptops?
Don't know. But whatever was in the immunity deals and destroyed laptops doesn't seem to have been of huge concern to the FBI.

Oh the destroyed laptops. Do you think that it was a bad idea to destroy them after any pertinent data had been retrieved?

Maybe one eyebrow. A bit. But I actually think the FBI is concerned about national security. You may think otherwise.

Well here is $4.2 billion directly from the report....

recent OIG audit the closeout process for contracts supporting the
U.S. Mission Iraq revealed that contracting officials were unable provide 33of 115
contract files requested accordance with the audit sampling plan.3 The value the
contracts the 33missing files totaled $2.1 billion. Forty-eight the contract files
received did not contain all the documentation required FAR 4.8. The value the
contracts the incomplete files totaled additional $2.1 billion.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Yeah. I know.
Where does the report say any money was unaccounted for?

edit on 10/7/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

$6 billion in contracts that couldn't be accounted for.

Nope.

they couldn't come up with the proper documentation to show where the $6 billion went.
Still, nope.

What did HRC hide in 30k deleted emails, immunity deals and destroyed laptops?
Don't know. But whatever was in the immunity deals and destroyed laptops doesn't seem to have been of huge concern to the FBI.

Oh the destroyed laptops. Do you think that it was a bad idea to destroy them after any pertinent data had been retrieved?

Maybe one eyebrow. A bit. But I actually think the FBI is concerned about national security. You may think otherwise.

As far as your destroyed laptop statement goes...HIPAA has a 6 year data retention policy, but our government has a couple weeks and then wiped clean? Ridiculous....

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Yeah. I know.
Where does the report say any money was unaccounted for?

Please link to the updated version you apparently have that shows where it went....

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Please link to the updated version you apparently have that shows where it went....

You said that the report shows money was missing.
The ball is in your court to show where that is stated.

HIPAA has a 6 year data retention policy, but our government has a couple weeks and then wiped clean?

What makes you think the data is gone?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

again i don't care for either one and have decided to vote for limberbutt.
but when i see dribble such as this, i have to speak up.

from the IP's first link,

i wonder why they thought they could post that out of context?

you know someone doesn't have to be sophisticated to do a good job, and one doesn't have to show interest in all strategies, but being able to grasp and knowing that something will work is a pretty good thing in my book.

look not one president knows everything, that's why he has advisors and people that make the plans, they brief him and if he trusts their expertise he goes with their plan. that's exactly what trump did. and if they ___ it up he says your fired. just like when the president asks for or excepts a resignation.

now watch someone is going to post that obama and hillary are more sophisticated than trump. they all look like bumbling fools to me.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Yeah. He knew there are ways to avoid taxes. But he didn't know much of anything about how they work.

"I understand the tax laws better than almost anyone, which is why I am one who can truly fix them,” he said at a campaign rally on Monday. “I understand it. I get it. And that is what I commit to do."

Genius.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

says one man, based on what he thought the interest trump showed, for all we know trump and ivana, talked about the taxes and strategies when they were alone.

the man can't say for certain what trump knows or doesn't know.

edit on 7-10-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   

for all we know trump and ivana, talked about the taxes and strategies when they were alone.

Yeah. Right.
But in 1995 it was Marla, wasn't it? Am I wrong?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Trump takes credit for everything! It's clearly part of his narcissistic personality disorder. To give him credit for knowing all the tax laws is a joke! He likes to think of himself as some kind of know it all genius. The rich can afford to hire professionals to help them hide their money, take advantage of real estate investments and suggest making the correct business decisions. His personal financial and real estate advisors play a big part in his real estate success. Just like his accountants play a big part in preventing him from paying taxes!

For Trump to take credit for Pence winning the V.P. debate should clearly drive this point home to his supporters. I really don't know how Pence can look at himself in the mirror knowing how many of his personal views clearly conflict with Trump. Pence accepted the V.P. spot for his own self-interest just to further his political career. Clearly those who had conservative principles, such as Kasich, stood by those principles and didn't accept the V.P. offer for their own self-serving political gain.

edit on 7-10-2016 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   

maybe but this from the 2nd link,

Mitnick, a CPA and attorney who did taxes for Trump from the 1960s to 1996, said that when Trump was married to Ivana, she was the one more likely to ask questions about how the taxes were prepared. Mitnick said that Trump's father Fred was very detail-oriented, while the younger Trump was more of a "concept" man. "He knew that we would produce the lowest possible tax for him within the law. And he never went into the details," said Mitnick, who said it took him six months to prepare Trump's taxes. "He understood that he had to rely on us to generate the returns, that it was beyond his knowledge."

that is what i'm talking about, the man can not say with 100% certainty that trump had no clue. sure he relied on him that's what he was paid for,if not that guy someone else, anything else is just speculation on the the accounts part.
bosses don't always tell their employees what they do or do not know.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

The entire quote says, if I may paraphrase, "Trump knew that there were ways to reduce his tax burden. He didn't care how, he just wanted to pay less."

Right? Pretty much? That's what it says?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   

i'm not gonna play any more phage, you can find someone else. you can twist and swril it around all you want. you know damn good and well what i'm saying.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   

No, actually I don't.

Are you saying that Trump's tax man said that Trump is a tax whiz?
Because that's what Trump says.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Where did Trump use the word genius?

He simply stated he knew more about dealing woth the tax system than career politicain presidential candidates who never ran a billion doallr business and employed tens of thousands of Americans.

If you have evidence that any of the other 2016 presidential candidates has more tax experience than Trump then prove it.
edit on 7-10-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   

No, actually I don't.

Again, cite evidence to support your claim that Trump ever said he was a "tax whiz" or "tax genius" or stop making false claims. It is beneath you.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
And it just so happens this unprofessional and unethical accountant suddenly stopped working for Trump in 1996.

It is likely the incompetant jerk was fired and now has an axe to grind.

(post by Floridagoat removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

No, actually I don't.

Again, cite evidence to support your claim that Trump ever said he was a "tax whiz" or "tax genius" or stop making false claims. It is beneath you.

Trump said that he knows tax laws better than almost anyone, which would technically make him a tax genius. Jesus , do you take everything literally ? How desperate are you ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join