It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 months in jail for 87yo grandma who said Auschwitz was a labor camp.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

German grandmother, 87, is sentenced to ten months in jail for saying Auschwitz was 'just a labour camp'.

In the interview with the ARD network she claimed the death camp of Auschwitz in Nazi occupied Poland, where at least 1.1 million people were murdered, was 'nothing more than a labour camp.'

I find this to be quite sad.

To imprison such an elderly woman simply because of her statements or views...

If she was inciting, encouraging or calling for violence, I could understand imposing a penalty.

Understood that some people are going to be offended or upset by her views/statements but she's simply questioning or disagreeing with an aspect of history...

Kind of hypocritical that we in the West are imprisoning people for their statements and views while at the same time pointing our fingers at other "repressive regimes".

Also a bit ironic that it seems perfectly legal to say very disturbing things about another group (Moslems), some even calling for the entire extermination...

i will end with Voltaire: "I may disagree with your view, but I will die defending your right to say it."

By the way folks, he wasn't American...

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

Electrified Barbed Wire

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

That's like telling anyone who think North Korea is a totalitarian state to move there to enact change.

You do realise how silly that sounds don't you ?

Clearly not

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

That's like telling anyone who think North Korea is a totalitarian state to move there to enact change.

You do realise how silly that sounds don't you ?

I've been listening to you all afternoon, so yeah. I'm familiar with silly. So basically what this is that you think the Germans should live by what YOU think.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I did a sweep of the camp at half second intervals on the camera, perhaps I should do an animated GIF rather than post individual shots, this place is VAST and this is just accommodation

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Germans have the right to enforce their laws, just like we do, and they should with this old lady, provided she is mentally competent.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: Willtell

Did they put up concentration camps and killed millions because of slave work until they died alone and if not they were gassed and then burned? If not, no.

Look I’m as much against the savage Nazis as anyone.

And I don’t believe in unlimited freedom. For example, I am all for jailing fools who want to aid and join ISIS in America or anywhere else.

But this lady is dealing in an idea or belief about history that’s not a present danger to public safety as an ISIS nut would be.

Did you people know the US and Israel today don’t acknowledge that the Turks genocided the Armenians. They do that to placate the Turks. Is that a crime, of course in Turkey it probably is to say it happened.

But their mere belief in something or that you don’t believe something happened or you believe something did happen and you go to jail for it is to me is a crime against free speech. A higher law is in operation here.

Now if this lady went out and started killing people in the name of NAZISM or blowing people up then sure put her ass away

edit on 30-9-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I´m back because of your pictures, please do share the gas chambers and crematorium if you have pictures of it. So that people can see with their own eyes. You should do a thread

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Funny thread. Very clear to see who the real nazis are in here.

Scum.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

But Nazi's still do kill folk fueled by the BS she says.
Nazi groups recently have been arrested for terror offences.
I see it similar as that Chowdry twat in the UK we did him on a similar charge.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
She broke the law, so what's the problem?

The law is the problem.

And off course, subservient idiots.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: VanDenEviL

The law is the problem.

German's don't have a problem with it, why do you?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: VanDenEviL

Do you have a problem with the law choices the Germans have come up with?. Do you wish to destroy a law brought in by the German people to help Nazism not rise in it's country?.

I think it is the only subject which can not and should not be denied...no one can deny it happened, only those who agree with the ideaologys will attempt to deny it.
I have been lucky to talk to so many old folk who was in ww2 one told me harrowing stories about the liberation of Bergen-Belsen, broke his 19 year old heart forever.
Nope no sympathy for these people who want to ignore the worse man can do.
edit on 30-9-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Is that all you can do ? Silly little ad hom quips ? And twisting the words of what people say ?

I'll ask you again, are we not allowed to remark on repressive laws of other nations ? Do we have to physically move there in order to have opinion ?

The German government can do whatever the hell they like, just like the government of Syria, just like the government of Libya, just like the government of North Korea, just like Stalins government, just like Mao's government, just like Hitlers government....

Hell by your rationale Hitler was well within his means to do what he did and the allied powers should never have stuck their noses in his business because we shouldn't be telling other nations to live by what we think.

I'm done with this thread and those who support totalitarian laws as there's clearly no way to make it clear how wrong it is to have laws against speech, either that or you're just trolls like the old lady was but I won't attempt to repress your freedom to troll, I'll just do what any SANE person would do and ignore it, don't need any laws protecting me from hearing "mean nasty words" from a troll

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Never attempt to teach a person that refuses to learn.

Sounds familiar?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

This whole deal is the Nazism you love to hate so much.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

It was a labor camp....but the problem is in the phraseology. "JUST a labour camp". Ok...we have to give her the basics but....it was a labour camp where you died while, without, instead of, in spite of working or not.

Labour DEATH Camp

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: VanDenEviL

The law is the problem.

German's don't have a problem with it, why do you?

You speak for all Germans?

I have a problem with this for reasons that should be obvious. Like I said funny thread.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

I'm done with this thread and those who support totalitarian laws as there's clearly no way to make it clear how wrong it is to have laws against hate speech

See what I did there?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: VanDenEviL

There are at least 3 germans in this thread, counting me in, that makes 4.
This law has been in act FOR DECADES and it´s deemed good, except my those who want to spout lies and bull# about what happened in WW2.
edit on 30-9-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join