It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 months in jail for 87yo grandma who said Auschwitz was a labor camp.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Willtell
democracy?

Freedom of thought?

She's free to think whatever she pleases. She hasn't been in trouble for what she thinks, but rather what she does about her thoughts.
freedom of speech applies here too.

The moment you make illegal disagreeing with majority culture or some historical concept, then you open the door to the government forbidding other things from being discussed. It's a very dangerous and slippery slope.

Well that slope is over 30 years old and nothing has happened.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Sounds like something you'd hear in North Korea, not a 1st world western nation

Is this how far PC has come where people will defend repressive laws ?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tribal
if they had the death penalty in germany im pretty sure people like her would qualify for it

just kill or jail people that dont go along with the mainstream narrative....because thats been a proven strategy for quelling insurrection and dissent.
Yes,let's fight and address fascism in Germany, by having fascist thought and speech crime laws!!

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I'm done with this idiotic, apologetic thread. You can all believe this "sweet old lady" was whatever you want.

Just don't bitch about riots in whatever country you're from.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: TerryDon79

Sounds like something you'd hear in North Korea, not a 1st world western nation

Is this how far PC has come where people will defend repressive laws ?

Perhaps those people lack enough self control to react to being trolled?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Bullshlt. It´s been for decades, don´t try to water it down with the PC/SJW argument. It´s like intrepid said.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: Shamrock6

democracy?

Freedom of thought?

She's free to think whatever she pleases. She hasn't been in trouble for what she thinks, but rather what she does about her thoughts.
freedom of speech applies here too.

The moment you make illegal disagreeing with majority culture or some historical concept, then you open the door to the government forbidding other things from being discussed. It's a very dangerous and slippery slope.

German law allows for freedom of speech. It also allows for speech to be limited in certain instances.

Just like American law.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Okay then people who support this should have no problem if we put in jail people who still support the old confederacy…right?

It is not against the law to do so.
Phage, you can't possibly be asserting the idea that all laws are just, and the only applicable concept is enforcing the rule of law?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere
This is terribly wrong people, what the Hell is the matter with you? Thought Police.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Still like it today
it is the normal folk who suffer.

link   

originally posted by: ugmold
This is terribly wrong people, what the Hell is the matter with you? Thought Police.

Have you read the thread? Anyone can think what they want but can't SAY whatever they want to.

link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: Willtell

You sir are correct, at-least that was supposed to be the point of this thread.

Not whether what she said was "wrong or right" or "offensive".

But whether Western nations should be imprisoning people over their views in a "free and democratic" society.

And the hypocrisy of doing so considering current day calls for the extermination of yet another group, all the while condemning other nations for being "repressive regimes".

It kinda amazes me how the holocaust is placed into some untouchable category, whereas virtually all other topics are allowed to be debated.

It also amazes me how many people on this thread support someone being imprisoned for daring to debate something..,,

link   
a reply to: ugmold
From intrepid:
OK, this is easy. Due to the 1st Amendment the US is about the only place on Earth that you can be a total douche and get away with it. The rest of the world isn't like that. Does that clear things up?

Getting tired repeating myself, I´m out too.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

I think it was a general problem, not ATS banning any pictures from there. That would need very sophisticated algorithms ATS certainly does not apply to the pictures. I think it was a glitch, maybe try again? If you make that thread, give me a headsup please

Sure verschickter my friend, I know what you are saying about sophisticated alogorithms but .......... for the 3rd time in less than a week (last time a couple of mins ago) I cannot post the pics to my upload folder, anything else is accepted but not pics from Oświęcim even though they are not named as such.

For those that have never been to Poland, Oświęcim is where the Auschwitz is located, no secret code or meaning

edit on 2016-09-30T15:18:24-05:002016Fri, 30 Sep 2016 15:18:24 -0500bFriday1809America/Chicago163 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: shooterbrody

Ok. I'm sorry. I guess the KKK should be allowed to shout nonesense outside the White House and not expect anyone to cause a fight. I mean, free speech and all that.

Yeah they do protest under police protection. The ACLU has even defended their right in court. There is no magic power to make their speech cause anyone to do anything!

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Sadly, yes. However, it was told to me that the greatest part of the americans were very friendly towards the population, I feel that has to be said again after my post.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor
Maybe size? Look in to your private messages in a minute.

link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: ugmold

Have you read the thread? Anyone can think what they want but can't SAY whatever they want to.

Can't speak your Mind? And that's ok with you? You can express your opinion and say she is wrong. But what if you couldn't? Do you have a problem with that?

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize - Voltaire

link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: shooterbrody

Ok. I'm sorry. I guess the KKK should be allowed to shout nonesense outside the White House and not expect anyone to cause a fight. I mean, free speech and all that.

I am pretty sure they could legally do that as long as it is within the limits of the right to free speech. You are not allowed to threaten people nor call people to violent action.

link   
For some it was just a labor camp but for great many it was slave camp, death camp etc.
To say it was just something is very disrespectful, someone living that time and been there should know better than saying such things but imo its not jail worthy thing...

Apparently nazies used Jews and Rhoma (gypsies) as slaves too, they made em dig huge underground tunnels and there are still some facilities that are waiting to be discovered, Josh Gates did very cool episode about em in Expedition unknown series.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join