It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607 Be Stopped

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalVigilante420

Well make sure you chose the correct version, home, enterprise or whatever, or 32 or 64 bit.

Good luck, and enjoy the debate, I will be enjoying the debate AND teh comments on ATS.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: rickymouse

Well I remember that before the anniversary update, the option to set wifi as a metred connection was easily findable, and of course it could be used as a way of not letting windows download the updates automatically.

Now of course they have changed its location, it is in settings- internet and wifi-wifi- manage known networks-then you choose your wifi and click properties and scroll down...

That is just one of the settings that was refreshed, plus all the app permissions as well, but they can't beat us.

Us, no. A lot of other unsuspecting people, yes.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I have a Dell E6400 and an I7 processor. The last update for me went okay but turned off the free version of Avira Antivirus. I attempted to restart and the computer went into the black screen with the blue circle (not good). I forced it off manually with the power button and wait 15 seconds to clear the Ram. After restart it was slow to boot up but did and now runs at normal speed and Avira is now running normally.

I strongly urge all readers and windows users to keep your system recovery disk up-to-date after these major upgrades. In the event of a windows fail to load or run it can be invaluable in getting back your puter. My best,

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
1st thing I noticed is it re enabled cortana and the search bar

Its listening again... :/

And they made it so I have to be a trusted installer to modify the dll files.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Finally got sick of it all and decided to factory reset and use Windows 8 until they get this 10 mess sorted out. I had all my stuff backed up on another computer so it's only a minor annoyance compared to all the headaches Windows 10 was giving me. Been using 8 for 45 minutes so far and feel much better although it's not nearly my favorite Windows edition, it's usable at the very least.

Thanks again everyone, your support was much appreciated.

edit on 27-9-2016 by DigitalVigilante420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalVigilante420

If you are happy with windows 8 but would like the functionality of windows 7, that whole start menu thing, you can install windows classic shell. It gets rid of the idiotic tiles and in my opinion is just better.

Winsows classic shell

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalVigilante420 I just wanted to share with the forum that once I accidentally clicked on a update because it had tricky wording and found out I was installing Windows 10 when I wanted to keep my Windows 7. My solution was to quickly hit the manual power button so nothing would download. Restarting was a bit of a problem but I still had Windows 7. After that I checked with my computer shop, Cal Tech, and they told me that they have more machines coming in with Windows 10 Problems than with Windows 7 problems.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join