It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria conflict: US and UK rhetoric 'unacceptable' - Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Russia has criticised the US and UK for using "unacceptable" tone and rhetoric in speeches on Syria at the UN, after being accused of "barbarism".

State-owned newspaper Rossiyskaya Gazeta accused the US and its allies of trying to "exert pressure on Damascus and Moscow, while doing nothing to meet their own obligations".

Russian ambassador Vitaly Churkin blamed the unravelling of the truce deal on the US, saying it had failed to convince mainstream rebels to distance themselves from "terrorist" groups, especially the al-Qaeda-linked Jabhat Fatah al-Sham.
Source

We've got propaganda versus propaganda. Who do you believe?

The video below shows an open discussion in the U.S. Congress about the possibility of WW3.

Top U.S. General: We Are On The Brink Of War With Russia

www.youtube.com...

As the various stories linked to in this post indicate, there are no "good guys" here. I don't see how any of the parties involved can make a valid "moral argument" or a valid "legal argument" at this point as to whether they're right.

John Kerry to Russia: Stop 'Grandstanding' Over Syria

UK blocks UN inquiry into Saudi war crimes in Yemen

One in three Saudi air raids on Yemen hit civilian sites, data shows
edit on 26-9-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Russia need to stop listening to the west and just obliterate ISIS altogether, they were extremely close a few weeks back until the west started crying that it wanted a ceasefire for "humanitarian" purposes and aid, Which is BS, they only wanted a ceasefire so they could regroup and rearm ISIS.

Russia do everyone a favour and wipe these ISIS cum from the face of the earth.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Russia has Putin and USA might have Hilary .
I know which horse I'd back in any negotiations ,and repercussions of all this .

Popcorn time .
edit on 26-9-2016 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
i would not believe the nation which has been involved in a war since WWII, or has been caught lying, spying, and destabilizing, or has been the catalyst of every major conflict in the middle east.

but thats just me.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
If Russia took the initiative and wiped out ISIS I guarantee you the U.S. will pull some funny business so as to not waste an opportunity to go to war.

It would be another "accidental bombing" or false flag blamed on Russia. But surely it wouldn't be as cut and dry as it should be.

What am I basing this on? The actions of the U.S. over the past century.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
i would not believe the nation which has been involved in a war since WWII, or has been caught lying, spying, and destabilizing, or has been the catalyst of every major conflict in the middle east.

but thats just me.

That only leaves Jamaica !
Must be the weed .

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I am always left wondering why 'Assad must go', and what gives the US the right to make such statement. The video posted in the OP says 'we are on the brink of war with Russia, and yet all the brinkmanship and rhetoric is coming from the US. The truth is that the US has no business in Syria and they are the war mongers. Russia and Syria should announce in an official capacity that Syria is now a 'no fly zone', giving an allotted time to allow the invaders from the West to pack up their # and leave. Any combatants, or indeed aircraft incursions can then be taken out with impunity.
Too much ground has already been given to the murderous regime that is currently in charge of America. Too much pussy footing around with the likes of Kerry and co.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
It's all very messy isn't it. Trouble is if a war starts it won't be the USA that gets the ground war. It will be europe/nato countries that take the brunt of it. The warhawks in the U.S. know this which is why they are not afraid to start another world war.

As for Syria, Russia should set up a no fly zone and just finish the job. Set up plenty of air defensive and give the west a couple of weeks to leave.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon
I am always left wondering why 'Assad must go',

Er, because he's a brutal dictator. He was before the civil war and in the last few years has shown contempt for human life. That, and the fact the uprising against his dictatorship started when he started to kill protesters.

While Assad is in power there is no chance of peace. He should go to pave the way for something better.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I was just about to jump in and mention the Saudi war crimes in Yemen just to show how much hypocrisy is around the western groupings these days, but the OP didn't miss that either...well done OP.
So our fecked up UK man Boris says no need for an enquiry...(no wonder when the UK is supplying the Saudis with weapons) on the same day as the UK embassador, along with the US, slams Russia for exactly the same activity in Syria...what a shower of shiites. Yes Russia is hurting people, however, in exactly the same way as UK and US are.

They should all shut to feck up with the propaganda, should all be locked up together including Syria's government and not let out until they work out something much better for Syria. All government/s hostlities should cease until then.
edit on 26-9-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Russia is too soft on Syria. They need to be stronger.

The only negotiation they should engage in with the US-backed Islamic Terrorists is giving them 72 hours to turn themselves in to the correct authorities and surrender. After that don't even bother taking prisoners.

They should establish a no-fly zone over Syria, move their Iskander, S-400 and P-800 missiles there.

If America wants any say in this conflict, they should cooperate fully and unconditionally with Russia and Syria, failing that leave immediately.

America is the aggressor. They violate Syria's sovereignty on a daily basis.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla

Russia do everyone a favour and wipe these ISIS cum from the face of the earth.

I'm sorry, the wording!!! Rofl here, what a visual.

Aside from that, this is a very serious situation. I agree that ISIS should be obliterated, immediately.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Er, because he's a brutal dictator. He was before the civil war and in the last few years has shown contempt for human life. That, and the fact the uprising against his dictatorship started when he started to kill protesters.

While Assad is in power there is no chance of peace. He should go to pave the way for something better.

I would suggest that the only chance for peace is for the US to wind in it's brass neck and take their weapon's and ammunition and shove them where the sun doesn't shine. Once upon a time, before the advent of the internet, the US could get away with all sorts of underhand shenanigans and downright brutal behaviour. Not so much now.
Assad might be a dictator but he is Syria's president and none of your business. Who made America the world cops? That's right no one. Assad's dealings with protesters pales in comparison to the death and destruction meted out by the American chicken hawks and their middle east swashbuckle. One would think they would be shamefaced and apologetic, but no, those psychopaths show no shame or remorse. How many dead, how many civilians, how many women and children...perhaps millions. All courtesy of the good ole US of A.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Do you mean the same Assad that was Tony Blair's mate and visited him a few times at Downing Street on the run up to the illegal invasion of Iraq?

He was always in the crosshairs of course, so the west funded a few moderate rebels (apparently they only kill moderately) and the civilians are the ones caught in the middle.

Syria, last time I looked, is a sovereign country. So just what the hell we are doing there uninvited, is a conundrum. Oh, you can say, they are saving the people, but they're actually not are they? They are funding rebel groups who hide amongst the civilians for the sakes of their proxy war.

The west want their pipeline, the Russians want their pipeline and the diplomacy resembles a bunch of people playing with fire, in a room full of dynamite. KABOOM!!

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Do you mean the same Assad that was Tony Blair's mate and visited him a few times at Downing Street on the run up to the illegal invasion of Iraq?

That's the one. It is a crying shame that senior politicians of all countries entertain people like Assad. The man was a brutal dictator before he started to shoot people when the Arab Spring arrived. He's even worse now. Pity Putin uis now sucking up to him.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Assad's dealings with protesters pales in comparison to the death and destruction meted out by the American chicken hawks and their middle east swashbuckle. One would think they would be shamefaced and apologetic, but no, those psychopaths show no shame or remorse. How many dead, how many civilians, how many women and children...perhaps millions. All courtesy of the good ole US of A.

Spot on the money.
If you dig further you will find it's the Anglo American establishment with Britain being equally blood thirsty but the bottom line is there is great Evil being committed in the World by these countries with Sociopaths as leaders and whose Main Stream Media belts out 24/7 propaganda to pretend they have the moral high ground to carpet bomb a Sovereign nations population into the stone age and most of Americans and British will just shrug their shoulders.

Imagine Syria bombed the US and tried to overthrow it's Government killing many of it's civilians?The tears,the outcry and the fallout would be unreal and yet it's just fine and dandy the other way round.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
America has never been more obsessed with overthrowing a leader of a country like they want to do to Assad.

The US almost drools at the mouth to do this, the witch in the UN, Samantha power, the conman Obama, and the state department are obsessed with overthrowing Assad. Very strange.

Obviously its a part of a long range plan: first Saddam, the Khadafy now Assad.

Three leaders who were powerful forces against jihadism.

Every time one goes down terrorist jihadism rises up more, and people think the US is fighting jihadism..no there not.

Its clear to me the US wants jihadi terrorism to rise.

top topics

join