It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One in three Saudi air raids on Yemen hit civilian sites, data shows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

More than one-third of all Saudi-led air raids on Yemen have hit civilian sites, such as school buildings, hospitals, markets, mosques and economic infrastructure, according to the most comprehensive survey of the conflict.

The findings, revealed by the Guardian on Friday, contrast with claims by the Saudi government, backed by its US and British allies, that Riyadh is seeking to minimise civilian casualties.
Source

Can anyone explain how that is not terrorism? Is it not terrorism because a member of the United Nations is doing it?

The FBI uses this definition [of terrorism]: "Terrorism is the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives."
LINK

I suppose the only part of the FBI's definition of terrorism that may be in dispute concerning Saudi Arabia's bombings in Yemen is whether or not their actions are "unlawful." I'll leave that up to the experts, but based on my understanding of international law, I believe Saudi Arabia's actions in Yemen are "unlawful." What difference should it make if they're actually "unlawful" or not? The actions are indefensibly evil either way.

How does the United States react to that? A few Senators speak out, there's some political theater, and the United States promptly makes a $1.15 billion arms transfer to Saudi Arabia.

“Why has Saudi Arabia been largely immune from direct public criticism from political leaders simply because they are a few degrees separated from the terrorists who are often inspired by the ideology their money helps to spread?” Murphy said at the time. “There’s growing evidence that our support for Saudi-led military campaigns in places like Yemen are prolonging humanitarian misery and aiding extremism.”

“There’s an American imprint on every civilian life lost in Yemen,” Murphy told CNN in August. “Because, though the Saudis are actually dropping the bombs from their planes, they couldn’t do it without the United States.”
Senator Chris Murphy: US support for Saudi Arabia 'can't be unconditional'

The world is so hideously evil and corrupt, just when I think I understand how bad it is, I learn more, and it seems a lot worse. I hope by the time I get to the bottom of it I won't be dead from shock.
edit on 23-9-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

Can anyone explain how that is not terrorism? Is it not terrorism because a member of the United Nations is doing it?

That might be the 'proper definition', actually.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

The US and it's Allies are not allowed to be called terrorists. It's kind of like, they are the label maker. They can print them, but they don't wear them.

Saudi was probably acting on US intelligence or with US support.

No, less Awful but war is war. The same # happened in all the world wars. It happened in korea, it happened in Vietnam. Civilians die in war zones it's the #ing nasty truth about war. Any of you who can't pull your head out of your spoon fed asses and realize this are part of the problem.

If you go to war, people will die. Soldiers, refugees, prisoners, innocent men, women and children. It happens... No, it is not always easy to discern between a building housing soldiers, or a hospital. No, it's not always easy to discern between a storage depot for medical supplies or food, or one housing ammunition for the opposing force.

It can be incredibly difficult to discern between busses full of civilians and those carrying soldiers because often times they are transported the same way. Especially as the war goes on, and resources become scarce.

War is awful, it brings out the absolute worst in us.

When people go to war there will almost certainly be death... The victor is always the group willing to sacrifice everything, including their innocent men, women and children.

There is a great deal of suffering in this world, it comes in many forms, none greater than the eyes of war. Conflict such as this resonates in the very fiber of every being on the planet.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Next try to explain how our continued arming of these terrorists is not support of terroism!?

Currently ready to sell them 1.15 Billion dollars more worth of death and destruction for the poor people of Yemen.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
so what? who cares? the important thing is the muslims are killing muslims in the middle east, and that keeps them too busy to be flying more planes into american buildings. They don`t care about human life they just want to kill people so it`s better to have them killing each other than killing civilized folks.
if they wanted to be taken seriously as a 21st century civilized society they wouldn`t be acting so primitive,let them kill each other off they are doing the world a favor.
edit on 23-9-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Right, because your nation is not rioting in the streets every night, still racially divided with a disgusting minimum wage who bombs poorer nations to create enemies to distract from the crap going on at home.

MURKA !

I don't think this is going to stop libya, iran, afghanistan, syria, iraq or really any middle eastern nation your country has directly destroyed from trying to kill you...

edit on AMAmerica/Chicago230109am by Aeshma because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join