It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yuk! Everyday Object 11,000 Times More Bacteria Laden Than A Toilet Seat?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
So now I gotta think about the people that stop at gas stations and use the john. They probably do not wash their hands and then pump the gas. Ok, rubber gloves are $5 for about 500 at Harbor Freight....

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Have you seen my site? I wrote an aggregator from scratch just to keep up with the latest in mars rocks, purported pictures of Nessie and the trends in Asian erotica.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

and the trends in Asian erotica.

I repeat the gist of my question.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Pairs nicely with all the Asian mail order bride advertisements I'm going to monetize the site with. Synergistic marketing and all thtat.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

You're a capitalist? *gasp*

I wonder how that term applies to the internet. Cause in many cases it would seem to take little capital to make a lot of money.

I digress.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised by this. You have to ask how many people wash after using the restroom. I've seen people finish a dump and just walk out. Then they touch things other people will touch. Gross.

You know there's supposedly a recent fad in japanese erotica that involves fully clothed women licking door knobs?

I'm trying to wrap my head around this one. Why? Just, why? I don't get it.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Clearly I should have created a thread about the new door knob licking fetish instead.

Art-Sheep - “Doorknob Girl”: Japan And The Trend Of Girls Licking Doorknobs

Actually having started from a drunken tweet by illustrator Ryuko Azuma and a reply to it by photographer Ai Ehara, the series “Doorknob Shojo” AKA “Doorknob Girl” portrays young girls in characteristic clothing, during the act of licking doorknobs. Now, that would probably sound like something silly and whimsical, not to mention very unhygienic, if it wasn’t for the girls’ unmistakably submissive pose and the act’s undeniable innuendo, that give the fad such strong sexual connotations, despite the lack of nudity and obscene imagery.

(my bold)

Completely SFW.
edit on 2016-9-25 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

...And yet I don't get terrible bacterial infections whenever I touch gas pumps, which I have been doing at least once or twice a week for about 35 years now. I heard kitchen countertops are germier (is that a word?) than a toilet seat, but I still rarely get sick, even though I use my kitchen counters daily. I also pick will pick up food that I dropped on the ground and eat it -- even past the mythical "5-second rule".

That tells me that even though these objects may have more bacteria, that doesn't mean the average person will get sick from these objects.

I fact, I truly believe that a person who eats a little dirt (not literally) from time to time will be healthier due to building up immunities from eating that dirt.

edit on 2016-9-25 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Fortunately, we New Jerseyans are not to be trusted with gas pumps...

One of the wonderful side benefits of living here in New Jersey.

Have fun pumping your own gas in the winter time suckers. Maybe it will kill the joims.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I've always believed being exposed to germs just increased the bodies immune system. We were made to coexist with these little buggers. All the anti-bacteria soap and cleaners may only cause us to diminish our immune defenses. I was a school teacher for over 20 years and was always around hacking, coughing, nose blowing students. I think out of those 20 years I probably missed no more than 7 days at most due to being under the weather.

I remember back in the day, when kids were sick, they would stay home from school for the week and fight it off themselves. We didn't run to the doctor unless the illness stretched into another week and didn't show any signs of improving.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

originally posted by: snowspirit

we New Jerseyans are not to be trusted with gas pumps. We leave that to minimum wage experts in hazmat handling. Didn't know that about NJ? Yep, it's true, we're not even allowed to pump our gas — by law.

Aside from the germyness of the pumps, ⬆️ that's weird.

Indeed what kind of nannystate do some people live in. So lets get this straight, there are states where smoking weed is legal yet we still have states that have banned self serve pumps. wow.

Because people gas up and drive off without paying

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

Huh.
If I don't use my credit card I have to go to the cashier and pay before any gas comes out of the pump.

If you can just start pumping gas at your station...well, they're sort of dumb. I guess.

edit on 9/26/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Do not... I REPEAT...

DO NOT lick the enter button of your keyboard...

How many times has that finger been up your nose or somewhere else?

Enjoy the read of just one peer reviewed example here : www.researchgate.net... s/0deec52e55399b1a65000000.pdf

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   

The nastiest, most bacteria-laden object of all is money. Pay attention the next time you stop for fast food inside the actual restaurant. If the same person who took your money and did the transaction is also the person grabbing boxes of fries by the top rather than the bottom, he or she just put the bacteria, dead skin cells, fungal spores, sebaceous fluid, viral organisms, other bodily fluids, chemical contaminates and other assorted nastiness, all over your order of fries. It's beyond disgusting, and very few people ever seem to notice that little detail.

What really makes me facepalm is when I see those same people wiping down every surface of every chair, etc. before sitting down to eat. I think, Here you are on a holy mission to eradicate every organism from every surface before you'll dare set your tray down, but you're oblivious to the fact that you are about to stuff the sweat of potentially billions of unwashed asses into your mouth along with those fries. And then I laugh and laugh and laugh.

There are some seriously disgusting people out there. Here we are in 2016, and the most common bacteria found on the inside door handle of restrooms...that means the handle people use to exit the restroom...is E. coli. That comes from where? Hand washing is the number one front line of defense against infectious disease that exists. Yet people rarely do it. Madness.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Just spray a little gas on your hands after getting done, also spray the buttons. It should kill the bacteria and also you if you light up a cigarette while driving down the road.

Light up at the pump and kill all the germs at the whole gas station.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet

we New Jerseyans are not to be trusted with gas pumps. We leave that to minimum wage experts in hazmat handling. Didn't know that about NJ? Yep, it's true, we're not even allowed to pump our gas — by law.

Indeed what kind of nannystate do some people live in. So lets get this straight, there are states where smoking weed is legal yet we still have states that have banned self serve pumps. wow.

Didn't know some state's citizens were so much more criminal than others. Ever since Jersey Shore I knew something was off about those Jerseyites

As for weed being legal and legalizing self serve pumps...I would do the pumps first. Let people learn how to use self serve pumps before letting them get high and then learn how to use it.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet

The self-service ban was originally passed because other gas station owners could not fight the competition from an owner who decided to lower his prices by reducing the need to pay workers to pump the gas. Fewer employees who needed to be paid meant that his prices could be lower.

The other stations (many corporate owned) fought these owners who wanted to sell cheaper gas via self-serve, and the NJ legislature pushed through the "no self serve" law. They argued that it saved the jobs of service station employees.

As for "drive offs" who don't pay, it's been years since I've been to a gas station with pumps that can be turned on prior to putting in a credit card or giving cash to the cashier first. I suppose there still might be old-fashioned pumps and such in some very rural parts of the country, but are drive offs still a thing in most places?

edit on 2016-9-26 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People
The other stations (many corporate owned) fought these owners who wanted to sell cheaper gas via self-serve, and the NJ legislature pushed through the "no self serve" law. They argued that it saved the jobs of service station employees.

And we still have cheap gas in New Jersey. $1.79 around the corner from me and I do not have to pump it.

Thanks Obama!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
What really makes me facepalm is when I see those same people wiping down every surface of every chair, etc. before sitting down to eat.

They do that to avoid getting their clothes dirty. It's more of a vanity thing than an attempt to eradicate every organism.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

And we still have cheap gas in New Jersey. $1.79 around the corner from me and I do not have to pump it.

Thanks Obama!!!!!!!

True, but that's due to NJ having low gasoline taxes. Higher gasoline taxes are used by other states to fund things, usually road and bridge repairs (because gasoline buyers are the ones using the roads and bridges).

However, because applying a higher per-gallon tax to gasoline in NJ would raise the prices pretty high -- because the price already needs to pay the guy pumping your gas -- that would make it politically difficult for the NJ legislature to levy a higher per-gallon tax on top of that in order to help maintain roads and bridges.

edit on 2016-9-26 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join