It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is AI a bark up the wrong tree ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

What leads you to believe we are not the body we inhabit

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
the a.i in the arma/dayz mod were pretty intense as far as gaming ai goes, still very predictable though.

a.i that can actually "think" for itself would be pretty bad, logically speaking humans are like a parasite to this planet, maybe the robots will feel they are saving the rest of nature from us?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: crowdedskies

Gotta PROGRAM the Epsilons...I have ALWAYS been deeply curious about the idea of a 6th sense I had a taste of it in that I learned a neat stalking trick in the army ,I learned how to retract my "presence" and intentions which allowed me to approach closely...unfortunately also frequently startle my wife.
I have seen NOTHING not even with hallucinogenics.
I am a very imaginative artist but all else is mundane...then again exactly WHAT would say ,opening ones third eye or dabbling in out of body ,when you have PTSD?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Gotta PROGRAM the Epsilons...I have ALWAYS been deeply curious about the idea of a 6th sense I had a taste of it in that I learned a neat stalking trick in the army ,I learned how to retract my "presence" and intentions which allowed me to approach closely...unfortunately also frequently startle my wife.

I am not familiar with this Epsilon program. From googling it, I can see some connection with GTA.

Regarding "retracting" your presence as a stalking trick, I think this is interesting. Anybody else you know who did that in the army ? or was it self taught. I have some notion on how to withdraw the presence.

I am a very imaginative artist but all else is mundane...then again exactly WHAT would say ,opening ones third eye or dabbling in out of body ,when you have PTSD?

I would not recommend doing it in a PTSD state unless you can cultivate a good footing and mundane platform to fall back on

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigtrousers

a.i that can actually "think" for itself would be pretty bad, logically speaking humans are like a parasite to this planet, maybe the robots will feel they are saving the rest of nature from us?

If the climate change scientific community could get hold of AI , we would sure be wiped out. They seem to think that humans are responsible for what I consider to be natural planetary change. If they would only look back a few million years they would realise that continents and islands have formed through violent volcanic and geological pressures.

The planet keeps changing , alternating between a cooling period (Ice age) and warming period ( global warming). It has little to do with our actions. Oceans will recede as this is the natural process.

Sadly , humans are being blamed for it. Mind you , climate scientists have moved on from their main argument that the ozone was being destroyed by cattle breaking wind. Now it is us the parasites causing the problwm.

AI in the wrong hands will lead to punishment of humans for something that they are not responsible for.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ssenerawa

What leads you to believe we are not the body we inhabit

I believe there is much more to life than what convention teaches
I am not asking any to believe me
I am at liberty to express my beliefs which are founded on ideas, doubt and mental verification

You would have to have lived my life and experienced what I have experienced to know why I believe what I do
As I would others

My beliefs are not fixed ... if science can show me proof my ideas are not correct then I must accept that

What are your beliefs?

edit on 25-9-2016 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: crowdedskies

Angry ,always have been so, I won't try it myself,I would be too easy to corrupt I think.
I never COULD wrap my mind around the idea that at it's most potent form ,conjuration.
You are bringing an entity that is timeless and beyond brilliant...to CONTROL to do your will,that seems pitifully arrogant on the person attempting it.
Not to mention I wonder if one goes high enough in the practice and messes up ,CAN they be physically taken?
WHAT would that look like to the required observer of the higher work?
Maybe a gray can fix my head...I would think such beings aren't doing things like that or they more readily would.
But NO UFOs, No ghosts NOTHING is quite boring.
As to the presence I thought of it by noticing how people would pick up on emotions or project their intentions and I felt they were detected by it.
What little field attempts have seen it works, The trick seemed to be to blank ones mind on approach. It's always good if you are trained well.
I got out before the heavy fighting in Iraq to test a great MANY things out.
I was lucky to have an EX recondo E 6 who trained us in Korea on LRRP movement and trail discipline.
edit on 25-9-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
oring.
As to the presence I thought of it by noticing how people would pick up on emotions or project their intentions and I felt they were detected by it.
What little field attempts have seen it works, The trick seemed to be to blank ones mind on approach. It's always good if you are trained well.

Thanks for elaborating. Very much what I was expecting.

I learnt the trick when I was a teenager. I was drawn to experiment after something happened to me on a late night bus. There was someone who had been sitting opposite me on the bus for nearly 45 minutes. I only noticed the person as he moved off his seat to leave the bus at the next stop.

I was shocked because I had been alert throughout and noticed everything else but that person. As he stepped out of the bus , he gave me a strange look and smiled as if to say : you can do that trick too. I somehow worked out that it was emotions , thoughts and movement that made people (especially strangers) aware of your presence.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join