It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four dead in shooting at Cascade Mall in Burlington; suspect not in custody

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

originally posted by: LordAhriman
How does everybody know his religion? Because he's brown and used to live in Turkey?
Maybe stop being lazy and start thinking without blinders on. Look up the population of Turkey and the religion.

Eta: Is the father going to held responsible for not keeping the guns locked up safely away from his psychopathic son? Probably not.

By that logic, I'm a Christian because I was born in America.

#SPOILER

I'm not.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Sounds interesting.. I have an out of topic question though, i'm a new member ans it says i have to post 20 posts to be able to post my own thread. The question is, what is a post? 😂😅

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Evallina

Congrats! You have "posted" a comment on a "thread" that another ATS member "posted".

Wooh!

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
He's a Muslim and a big Hillary supporter. Of course the fact he's a Hillary supporter won't even be an issue. However we all know that if he was a trump supporter it would be a huge issue. Just more proof that our press is completely in the tank for the Democratic Party.

I wouldn't be so quick with the "of course he's a Hillary supporter" crap.

Last night, I read this on heavy.com:

In response to a letter in the Whidbey News-Times in May 2013 praising President Obama and Washington Governor Jay Inslee, Cetin commented that the pair’s liberalism “sounds like Communism.” On his Twitter page, which hasn’t been updated since the summer of 2015, Cetin recommended Hillary Clinton and “Hitler’s wife” to be the new face of the ten dollar bill.

A tweet of Cetin’s from January 2015 led some on social media to believe he was a supporter of Hillary Clinton’s. The message, “We win I vote for Hillary Clinton,” was apparently a reference to the Seattle Seahawks defeating the Green Bay Packers, according to a friend. That friend added that Cetin “was a conservative in rifle club & ROTC.” Online records show no party affiliation in his voting history.

(source showing original heavy.com reporting) here

Now, the same article has been edited so that the second paragraph only reads:

A tweet of Cetin’s from January 2015 led some on social media to believe he was a supporter of Hillary Clinton’s. The message read, “We win I vote for Hillary Clinton.” Online records show no party affiliation in his voting history.

heavy.com...

It looks like at least this outlet is altering their reporting to make it look like he was a Hillary fan, but that doesn't seem to be the truth.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I see the male victims name still hasn't been released.I read possibly Monday.

Reading on other sites that Arcan argued with a man over a female, he then left came back and started shooting.

I am starting to think this male victim may have been the target and the others were just at the wrong place at the wrong time..

LE said he would be in court Monday.Maybe, they are waiting till court to release his name.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Lol thanks, sarcastic help is good too :p a reply to: raedar

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Ugh nvm a reply to: Evallina

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The whack shooter often has some kind of unexplained ties to the military. Ditto this guy, if he was in the ROTC.

www.breitbart.com...
Another comment refers to “MWR,” which is the acronym for “morale, welfare, recreation” centers on U.S. military bases. Yet another tweet refers positively to the Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC).

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Evallina
I was being playful, or trying!

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

so I thought I heard that his ex girlfriend worked at macys but quit several months ago...isn't macys where he started shooting?

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
How does everybody know his religion? Because he's brown and used to live in Turkey?

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

Read more at: www.brainyquote.com...

1. The progressive media tried to hide the fact that he is from Turkey, which even the Obama administration has been doing trying to hide radical Muslim attacks in the U.S.

2. He is from Turkey, and 99.8% of people in Turkey are Muslims.

Islam is the largest religion in Turkey according to the state, with 99.8% of the population being automatically registered by the state as Muslim...

en.wikipedia.org...

3. He sees women as objects and believes he owns them and can do what he wants with them, including murder, which in the radical Muslim view is "honor killing".

4. Jihadists have called for jihad in American malls, and this pervert murdered these women at a mall.

The most likely answer to this is that he is a radical Muslim because that's what all the facts point out.

edit on 25-9-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
...this pervert murdered these women at a mall.

Do we even know that? Where's the evidence? All we have is this grainy photo of some guy holding a rifle. It could be anybody, anywhere. Maybe the photo is a fake anyway.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: theantediluvian
The reports are that he walked into Macy's around 7pm local time and started shooting. I'm going to speculate that this is either going to turn out to be a disgruntled employee/former employee or a jilted/ex/estranged husband/boyfriend.

Here's an aerial view of the mall and an indoor map.

Somebody looking for maximum casualities it seems would have gone in through the main entrance and right into that central area which might be a food court.

Based on your post alone, I'm guessing the opposite is true and it's a Muslim.

Just want to point out that I was right.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego

Do we even know that? Where's the evidence? All we have is this grainy photo of some guy holding a rifle. It could be anybody, anywhere. Maybe the photo is a fake anyway.

Yes, we do know that. He was captured and identified. It is him. One of the women he murdered was his ex-girlfriend and her mother. Other women have come forward to state that he was/is known for sexually harassing women and being violent to them throughout high school.Not to mention that the .22 rifle he used he stole from his father.
edit on 26-9-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
Yes, we do know that. He was captured and identified. It is him. One of the women he murdered was his ex-girlfriend and her mother. Other women have come forward to state that he was/is known for sexually harassing women and being violent to them throughout high school. Not to mention that the .22 rifle he used he stole from his father.

"He was ... identified."

As the gunman? By who?

"One of the women he murdered was his ex-girlfriend and her mother."

His ex-girlfriend and her mother were not there and are not among the victims.

"Other women have come forward..."

Maybe he was a jerk, but that doesn't make him a killer.

" ...the .22 rifle he used"

How do you know he used a .22cal rifle?

/

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

"He was ... identified."

As the gunman? By who?

The recording from the store and law enforcement.

The motive for the shooting that killed four women and a man remained unclear. Cetin's ex-girlfriend used to work at the store but hasn't in several months and lives in another county. KING-TV, Seattle, reported that Cetin possessed three guns Friday night, all legally purchased, but Cetin stole them from a family member. The weapon used Friday night was a .22 Ruger, according to law enforcement, KING reported.

www.usatoday.com...

"One of the women he murdered was his ex-girlfriend and her mother."

His ex-girlfriend and her mother were not there and are not among the victims.

That's the only thing you are right about. Not sure if I misread some other article, or if they made a mistake in the first reports I read, but the ex-girlfriend and mother were not victims.

edit on 26-9-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

there are other photos and video, plus if i'm not mistaken the rifle was left at the scene and in the photo he had no gloves on.
so i would guess that they also have his prints on the rifle.

ETA: plus if you go to page 6 of this thread, when apprehended the cloths that he is wearing appear to match.
shirt and shorts same color and length, if he was turned around i bet dollars to doughnuts that it has the same design as the surveillance photos on page 4 and 5.

edit on 26-9-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
...when apprehended the cloths that he is wearing appear to match.

How did early descriptions of a suspect wearing grey morph into a black t-shirt and black shorts? Note all references to that man in his 50s whom the suspect was seen talking too seem to have vanished.

--------------

komonews.com...
Arcan Cetin has admitted that he took a rifle to the Cascade Mall on Friday night and shot and killed five people, court documents say.

So the suspect admitted his crimes? Now that sounds pretty solid, doesn't it? Except we have to take someone's word for it. Why don't they role the tape? I want to hear it from the suspect himself.
edit on 27-9-2016 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
i love how the media is trying to paint this shooter as a nut and trying really hard not to mention he is a turkish muslim

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
RIP to the victims:

Beatrice Dotson, 95
Chuck Eugan, 61
Belinda Sue Galde, 64
Sarai Lara, 16
Shayla Kathleen Martin, 52

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join