It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

F-35A fire at Mountain Home

page: 2
<< 1   >>

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:45 PM

edit on 9/23/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:45 PM
a reply to: Zaphod58

Glad it happened at start on the ground. Hope they diagnose the cause before it occurs again. Perhaps on takeoff.

Kind regards,

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:40 PM
a reply to: bally001

It's possible it's related to the previous engine problem. They haven't modified all the engine housings yet, and it will take awhile to finish, but I would think that it would have to have deformed for it to rub to the point it would start a fire at start when it was at low power. A fuel leak, either static, or as fuel started flowing seems more likely IMO.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:03 AM
Previous fire was excessive chaffing through lining due to substandard Titanium wasnt it?

I read a few days ago about the F-35's having a issue with the fuel lines which would be a more plausible reason for engine fires. But Alien dog fight sounds way cooler. pew pew! was Will Smith involved?

Wrong movie..

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:20 AM
a reply to: Blackfinger

Previous problem was excess engine flex during maneuvering, causing parts to rub. The rub would cause excess temperature and cause damage to the turbine blades. Failure would eventuate.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:07 PM

originally posted by: boncho

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: boncho

Lightning, on patches can refer to something else,

Want to try again? Use extreme proof if replying.

I never said I was trying to prove anything. Brilliant straw mans you guys are arguing....

I will probably get a manners violation but the village called, they want their idiot back.

What you have just written, wow, I truly hope you are not being serious, nonsense to your straw man argument, your thinking outside of the box is than an Aircaft, still not FOC was in a laser battle with an alien space craft over the US. That's not outside the box, that's outside reality.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:09 PM
Initial investigation looks even more like a fuel leak. The fire started in the exhaust pipe during startup. It appears that fuel pooled in the exhaust, and as they started winds blew up the exhaust, creating a condition where the fuel was ignited, starting the fire. Winds were gusting to 37 and 45 mph that day. Reports are that a significant portion of the outer skin was burned, but they will have to go into the structure to see how bad the damage really is.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 12:01 AM
How much of the skin is aluminium and how much is composite on the F35?

new topics

<< 1   >>