It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlotte Shooting Video: Footage Shows Fatal Encounter Between Police, Keith Lamont Scott

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Agreed but from 1:11 till 1:43 no gun!

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: xuenchen
Cellphone video shows the encounter between police and Keith Lamont Scott !!

Apparently this is from Scott's wife.

Well what does this show now?

Charlotte Shooting Video: Footage Shows Fatal Encounter Between Police, Keith Lamont Scott

Unsettling footage obtained exclusively by NBC News shows the moments leading up to the fatal police shooting of Keith Lamont Scott in Charlotte, North Carolina.

The footage, taken by Scott's wife, does not clearly show the exact moment he was shot by police on Tuesday. Scott is seen on the ground moments after the shots were fired and surrounded by officers.

"He better not be f---ing dead, he better not be f---ing dead," Rakeyia Scott can be heard shouting at the police officers. "He better live, he better live!" It is not clear what preceded the shooting.

Interesting...so she is screaming for her husband "Keith don't do it" What is she telling him not to do? And the report you link to says there is no gun visible. I can see it on the ground right next to Keith as he is laying there...one officer appears to even kick it out of the reach of Keith's body at one point as well.

The officer gave him VERY clear instruction to drop the gun multiple times and he didn't.

Agree the "keith dont do, dont you do it" and her inflection leads me to believe she knew he had a gun and that he was gonna chest up to the cops! Sad the guy was killed but the above referenced leaves me to believe he had a gun, was ordered multiple times to drop it, chose not to, and lost his life!

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilburnRoach

The area where the gun is was not in the camera range I think.

1:40 starts drifting towards the gun.

If anybody thinks the gun was planted, we need to see that part.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: scojak

That doesn't really account for the actual relationship between cops and the black community. If the social contract is percieved as broken we cant just say well he was beligerant he deserved it. It also takes the pressure off politicians who have ignored these issues in their districts because of voting demographics.

You mentioned "social contract" yet a common occurrence in many of these events is the victim is not upholding their social contract to be a upstanding citizen! Most are repeat criminals who chose to ignore LEO commands. That goes for all Americans not just black people! People of all races make the same mistake and pay with their lives! The flare ups that occur are more a product of a lack of hope for opportunity! IMO it's a result of the purposeful desegregation of the family unit. 70% of black children don;t have a father figure so where do they get their learned response to society? The streets and their peers! It's a rapidly growing and vicious cycle of the above along with the fact many blacks thought Obama becoming POTUS would magically change their lives but the reality it they are much worse off! Why? Because progressive liberal agendas so prevalent in our biggest cities do nothing but continue and expand the cycle of violence and erode the feeling of hope!

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReAdY2AsCeNd

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: windword

Nope. His brother said he had a gun and the whole reason he got out of the truck in the first place was because he was armed and scared.

Of course it's the same brother that said officers had nothing on to identify themselves as police and jumped out of their vehicles and immediately shot the deceased, so I suppose we can't take his word for much.

I'm not sure if you have seen the daughter's livestream video but she and her uncle say at least once that "they have guns too" to the officers on the scene. Then she says "she has a gun" several more times and "she can show them a gun". She also says on that livestream that she is "going to be setting some stuff off tonight" because her daddy got shot by those white cracker b!tches. She also was doing a lot of terroristic threatening on the video and her friend was tampering with a police investigation. Nothing was done about this - I would assume because of blowback.

If my husband had been shot by an officer and my daughter was in the street behaving in this manner I would first smack the taste out of her mouth, then yoke her up and take her phone until she could conduct herself in a more suitable manner.

I realize this is off topic and I apologize in advance to the OP.

Well I don't disagree. If I was married and my wife was more concerned with filming my interaction with police and talking smack to them than calling an ambulance for me or y'know...seeming to give more of a crap about my well being than getting it on video, I would probably be a tiny bit pissed with her.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: bluesjr

Yes, the tape tells me that the picture was taken well after the shooting, and after the video footage.

This one, maybe it looks a little like a gun

But not here..

Or here.

Here, the gun has been deliberately placed in the photo, or shopped in, where it wasn't there before.

Again, seeing what you want to see.

Scott was at the hospital in a matter of minutes. Since he's still on the ground there and there's already rape up, it would appear that your "much later" idea is dead in the water.

And that's not even getting in to the fact that you're pushing the narrative that a gun was somehow planted in front of at least one witness that seemed hell bent on getting it all on camera.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It is just sad the wife is already making a bunch of excuses trying to pave her way to a payday before the husband is even shot. Just pathetic.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Well, we can argue the definition of "much" all day long, but since the yellow tape is up, it's later than the video images.

It seems to me that you're the one is seeing what you want to see, and NOT seeing that there isn't a gun next to the curb, below the feet of the victim in any of the video images. That would prove, in my opinion, that the police put the gun there before the "witness" took the picture. In my book, that's planting evidence.

edit on 23-9-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
people going on about justification and who is right but what i see is a need for these things:
1. policy reform.
2. implementation of rules of engagement.
3. creating a large scale police exchange program with nations known for minimum use of force and restraint.
4. centralization under a new branch of government for universal standards and rules.
5. conflict resolvement training.
6. mental strengthening training.
7. regular international humanitarian rules violation inspections.
8. a civilian police observation watchdog that has authority to arrest police for overstepping the law and sue and/or restructure police departments for unresolved abuse and excessive use of force issues.

all american police do is make useless statement and make useless reforms that only go so far and maintain the status quo but a massive sweeping change needs to be made to the whole thing.
edit on 23-9-2016 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Can you quote me where I said what I see in that picture? I don't recall saying that I do, or don't, see a gun. I'm simply poking holes in your theory, none of which you've addressed.

You clearly had the result you wanted to push in mind from your very first comment in the thread, and have neatly sidestepped any commentary that seems to refute what you posit happened. And you continue to do so.

So tell me again which of us is seeing what we want to see?
edit on 23-9-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

You haven't poked holes in anything, and I didn't have any predecided judgement about this case at all, until I saw the video, which convinced me that someone put the gun there before the "witness' " picture, but after the video footage was taken. This thread is the first time that I saw the video footage, so yeah, for this thread and this topic, you're going to find me questioning the police' actions.

You say the brother said he was armed, but I can find nothing to back up your claim.

I already said I was mistaken about his wife wanting him to stay in the car. She was telling him to get out of the car, apparently, so were the police. His brother said he was "scared" , and we now know that he had brain damage that made communication difficult for him.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
You forgot some
Wife keeps stating " Keith dont do it" and "He is not going to hurt y'all"

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I've listened to this several times, and I think she's both talking to the police, who have their weapons drawn on her husband, and she talking to her husband, trying to get his attention....

For example....

"Keith, Keith, Keith"

Then to the police, "Don't you do it"

Then "Keith, Keith"...

If he was inside the truck, and she was beckoning him to come out, she couldn't have seen his hands, even if he did have a gun, which she is confident that he doesn't and keeps telling the officers that. So, I think she was addressing both parties during the taping.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReAdY2AsCeNd
a reply to: shooterbrody

If you freeze the video at 1:45 to 1:48 you can see the gun.

I watched the video about a dozen times and it looks like the officer in red pulls the gun out of somewhere and drops it on the ground. Maybe I'm crazy but that's what it looks like to me.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Yes , she is talking to both. Did you read my post ? She definitely is saying "Keith dont do it" and "He is not going to hurt y'all" multiple times. That would "imply" that first , Keith was going to do something that his wife didnt want to happen . Then you could infer from the statement "he is not going to hurt y'all" that it appeared to her that he was doing something that alerted police.

Time will tell.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: WilburnRoach

The area where the gun is was not in the camera range I think.

1:40 starts drifting towards the gun.

If anybody thinks the gun was planted, we need to see that part.

It drifts away for about 3 seconds but other than that the camera is centered to the scene the entire time. Not exactly sure what you're watching...?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Yes , she is talking to both. Did you read my post ? She definitely is saying "Keith dont do it" and "He is not going to hurt y'all" multiple times.

Right. But, It's my opinion that she was saying "Keith" to Keith, and "Don't do it" to the police who their guns drawn on him.

edit on 23-9-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I'm not sure what happened based off that video - but that poor woman... My God.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
CNN and Yahoo reporting the gun had his fingerprints on it.

Keep in mind this is just a source close to the investigation.

CNN cited a source close to the investigation as saying the gun had fingerprints, DNA and blood matching Scott's. The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

edit on 23-9-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Is it possible the "original" cell phone video was edited before NBC published it?

Or did NBC edit the video?

Might be more to this than we think.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join